Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

49 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-GardX-Vehicle-Protection-System-with-Nanotechnology-/293963398441?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Buy that. 

The glass guard in there will make rain bead up and disperse and keep your windscreen really clear.

Also good to use in the shower if it's glass.

That exact kit is the paint protection system that dealers will sell you for £449.

There's no special technique of applying it. 

You can get just the glass guard from them for a fiver on ebay too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-GardX-Vehicle-Protection-System-with-Nanotechnology-/293963398441?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Buy that. 

The glass guard in there will make rain bead up and disperse and keep your windscreen really clear.

Also good to use in the shower if it's glass.

That exact kit is the paint protection system that dealers will sell you for £449.

There's no special technique of applying it. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

You can get just the glass guard from them for a fiver on ebay too. 

GardX is O.K. but not a patch on Gtechniq G1 IMHO

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IOMDXEQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fact is that no matter how good the glass guard/sealant/coating is, you need to go through a thorough glass cleaning process first.

For me it was: rinse, citrus pre wash, rinse, ph neutral shampoo with wire wool, rinse, chemical decontamination (tar then iron fallout remover), rinse, mechanical decontamination (claybar), rinse, dry, clean with Gtechniq G6, polish with Gtecnhiq G4, then finally coat with Gtechniq G1.

Who knew that cleaning your car windscreen could be so much fun eh?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy said:

For me it was: rinse, citrus pre wash, rinse, ph neutral shampoo with wire wool, rinse, chemical decontamination (tar then iron fallout remover), rinse, mechanical decontamination (claybar), rinse, dry, clean with Gtechniq G6, polish with Gtecnhiq G4, then finally coat with Gtechniq G1.

You need to get out more ! ....   :)

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You need to get out more ! ....   :)

Indeed I do.

As soon as things are back to some sort of normal I can drop my lockdown hobby/obsession with car detailing :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Indeed I do.

As soon as things are back to some sort of normal I can drop my lockdown hobby/obsession with car detailing :)

Youda man Muzzett ! ...  I’m considering bringing my truck over  ....   you’d  need all your dark powers and mystical know how to get that filthy beast into tip top condition !   

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Youda man Muzzett ! ...  I’m considering bringing my truck over  ....   you’d  need all your dark powers and mystical know how to get that filthy beast into tip top condition !   

I'm seriously considering going into car valeting/detailing when I retire mate. Can think of nothing more satisfying than taking a filthy beast like your truck and transforming it over a couple of days.

I follow a guy on YouTube who does just this. On this video he takes a shit up Jeep that hasn't been cleaned in 10 years and brings it back to new. I find it fascinating (sadly :D)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

What is the most effective way of cleaning the grease and smears on the car windshield-  the type that when the sun is shining at your car then it just lights up all of these smears like it is Christmas.

I have tried window cleaner and taking the car to automatic car wash which helped a bit but was not wholly effective.   Would a manual jet wash or manual hand wash at one of these car valeting firms be better?    I cannot be bothered to wash the car myself and it would aggravate my back anyway lol 

The sun glare is bad enough but at night, those Xenon ultra-bright headlights are a real problem for light spatters on your windscreen. 

I've tried the guardex protection system and it does make the rain water bead away but it's essentially a surfactant chemical (disperses water by breaking the surface tension) as is pretty much the same as any non-wipe shower spray cleaner but the guardex coating stays on the screen which I found made the sun/headlight glare worse when the screen wasn't wet.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IOMDXEQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fact is that no matter how good the glass guard/sealant/coating is, you need to go through a thorough glass cleaning process first.

Are you from Poland? lol 

Of course not, those guys chuck a gritty sponge on your paintwork after spraying it liberally with a degreasing chemical agent to remove oils and other shit picked up from traffic and road surfaces.

Sure your car looks clean and your tyres look nice and shiny after they've painted them with waste engine oil. All the soapiness they can produce is only a mask. If you have any love for your car, avoid these places. If it's a company/lease-hire vehicle, go for it.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

You're such  a car cleaning nerd lol

He gets a Jag and that's it!

Only joking mate, well, not about the nerd bit.

There's loads of products out there that do fantastic jobs.

And although I sold cars for a living, I don't believe most of the 'benefits' of Gardx are any good, which you probably agree with.

Those type of things seem like a scam really, type of thing you'd see on an infomercial on itv3 at 4am.

But wait, there's more...

Actually quite embarrassing doing the sales pitch to most people, but it was worth 50 quid in my pocket per unit.

The cost price to the company was £22 though :cry:

Never buy paint protection from a dealer. I can't stress that enough.

The thing you buy on ebay for a tenner, is exactly what we sold and applied, minus a fancy bag and a high vis jacket.

Our Romanian valeters could have it on a motor in 15 minutes.

The stuff in ebay is probably the leftovers, because there's usually plenty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

But, to be fair @Izzy, that is a very detailed explanation. 

Should we start a hashtag?

#izzyknows :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

But, to be fair @Izzy, that is a very detailed explanation. 

Should we start a hashtag?

#izzyknows :ph34r:

#izzyknowsfvckallapartfromcleaningcars

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Should maybe change the thread title to Ask Strokes.

The man needs his own YouTube channel. 

I'd subscribe.

The word Legend gets said too much about mediocre people, @StrokesIs a legend 🙌

I'm still exploring opportunities about getting back in to the car trade. 

I want @Izzyas my car cleaning expert, let's face it, he could sell a clay bar for £299 and I just want @Strokesstood there to solve any other other issues that that the customer has that I've got to know as I've bonded with them to sell the car.

"So, we've test driven 3, the Audi is the one for you. Mike is going upstairs to do the paperwork. Susan, you mentioned the damp patch in the dining room and you need a guy to look at it, well, have I got a treat for you..."

lol

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The man needs his own YouTube channel. 

I'd subscribe.

The word Legend gets said too much about mediocre people, @StrokesIs a legend 🙌

I'm still exploring opportunities about getting back in to the car trade. 

I want @Izzyas my car cleaning expert, let's face it, he could sell a clay bar for £299 and I just want @Strokesstood there to solve any other other issues that that the customer has that I've got to know as I've bonded with them to sell the car.

"So, we've test driven 3, the Audi is the one for you. Mike is going upstairs to do the paperwork. Susan, you mentioned the damp patch in the dining room and you need a guy to look at it, well, have I got a treat for you..."

lol

I’m not sure that Mike will be too chuffed when he’s told that @Strokes is investigating Susan’s damp patch 

Edited by Mike Oxlong