Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Who thinks up this crap and the wordy justification is usally spewed out to describe some faceless rectangular boring building?

Standard Life Aberdeen have come up with a new name...

"Abrdn"

"Our new brand Abrdn builds on our heritage and is modern, dynamic and, most importantly, engaging for all of our client and customer channels," said chief executive Stephen Bird.

Tweet by @PDColinton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56888611

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Who thinks up this crap and the wordy justification is usally spewed out to describe some faceless rectangular boring building?

Standard Life Aberdeen have come up with a new name...

"Abrdn"

"Our new brand Abrdn builds on our heritage and is modern, dynamic and, most importantly, engaging for all of our client and customer channels," said chief executive Stephen Bird.

Tweet by @PDColinton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56888611

It's all bllx, mate

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Parafox said:

What the hell chemicals do they put on salt and vinegar crisps that is like spraying your tongue with Napalm?

I'm not sure whether vinegar isn't as strong as it used to be or my taste buds are knackered with old age. I used to love a good strong vinegar.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm not sure whether vinegar isn't as strong as it used to be or my taste buds are knackered with old age. I used to love a good strong vinegar.

Yeah, properly fermented vinegar is a decent condiment. In my younger years the chip shop vinegar was so tasty without burning your gob. The chemically reproduced stuff that they spray on crisps during manufacture is awful. It's all about mimicking flavours with chemicals. How else could they offer so many varieties?

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the obvious answer, that they are thieving rob-dogs that share a moral compass with Boris Johnson, can someone explain why when I ring to cancel my car insurance renewal because it has actually gone up from last year, they can suddenly knock nearly £100 off the price for the exact same policy?

Because they are thieving ***** who hope people forget to cancel.

I usually cancel online, but if you can't then always use price comparisons before you ring them. That way you know what the cheapest you can get otherwise is. 

I just use GoCompare at the minute, as the £250 free excess offer is pretty good. I just sorted mine yesterday. £250 total excess so I'll end up paying nothing if I have an accident. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Apart from the obvious answer, that they are thieving rob-dogs that share a moral compass with Boris Johnson, can someone explain why when I ring to cancel my car insurance renewal because it has actually gone up from last year, they can suddenly knock nearly £100 off the price for the exact same policy?

Arseholes aren’t they.

“May I ask why you’re leaving?”

Errrr...do you want to take a wild guess at that?

Does anyone have any experience of an 'Impinged Shoulder'?

I'm in absolute agony. Gradually got worse over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm barely sleeping, the pain is keeping me awake most of the night and I'm absolutely knackered. 

Not good for someone who drives for a living every day.

Edited by tom27111

40 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Does anyone have any experience of an 'Impinged Shoulder'?

I'm in absolute agony. Gradually got worse over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm barely sleeping, the pain is keeping me awake most of the night and I'm absolutely knackered. 

Not good for someone who drives for a living every day.

Yes, I had it a couple of years ago

You need to see a GP because it isn't going away on its own, and untreated it can develop into a rotator cuff tear. I was referred to a physiotherapist who gave me some simple exercises to perform. Rest is essential, and if your job requires heavy lifting you're probably going to need to go on the sick for a while. Anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen and ice-packs will help bring the swelling down and relieve the pain. If none of that helps, you may require surgery.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Yes, I had it a couple of years ago

You need to see a GP because it isn't going away on its own, and untreated it can develop into a rotator cuff tear. I was referred to a physiotherapist who gave me some simple exercises to perform. Rest is essential, and if your job requires heavy lifting you're probably going to need to go on the sick for a while. Anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen and ice-packs will help bring the swelling down and relieve the pain. If none of that helps, you may require surgery.

Going to get to the doctors as soon as I can.

Self employed, so taking sick isn't an option. Although I deliver for Amazon, there's not a great deal of heavy lifting really.

During the day, it doesn't seem that bad, apart from certain movements. But at night, I just wake up in bed in so much pain.

Feels like a concentrated cramp type of pain.

I'll have some ibuprofen, a couple of beers and stick some ice on it now, before bed.

When I slipped a couple of discs in my back, my GP told me to drink alcohol when I ran out of muscle relaxants, does the same job lol

Thanks, how long did yours last? Heard it can take a year to heal.

15 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Going to get to the doctors as soon as I can.

Self employed, so taking sick isn't an option. Although I deliver for Amazon, there's not a great deal of heavy lifting really.

During the day, it doesn't seem that bad, apart from certain movements. But at night, I just wake up in bed in so much pain.

Feels like a concentrated cramp type of pain.

I'll have some ibuprofen, a couple of beers and stick some ice on it now, before bed.

When I slipped a couple of discs in my back, my GP told me to drink alcohol when I ran out of muscle relaxants, does the same job lol

Thanks, how long did yours last? Heard it can take a year to heal.

A muscle relaxant won't help at all as the pain is caused by the tendon rubbing against tissue and bone.

Mine took about 9 months to heal but that was because my GP spent the first couple of months working on the assumption that it was arthritis; when blood tests came back negative, and x-rays didn't show anything, she finally sent me for an ultrasound examination. In the meantime, I had been continuing to pump iron which probably exacerbated the problem.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

A muscle relaxant won't help at all as the pain is caused by the tendon rubbing against tissue and bone.

Mine took about 9 months to heal but that was because my GP spent the first couple of months working on the assumption that it was arthritis; when blood tests came back negative, and x-rays didn't show anything, she finally sent me for an ultrasound examination. In the meantime, I had been continuing to pump iron which probably exacerbated the problem.

I had my covid jab today, told the guy doing it about my shoulder, as I didn't know if it would affect where they have to jab, he just said "do you want 2 fvcked up arms, or one?" I said "one please" and rolled up my left sleeve lol

• Haha 2