Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Does anyone know if you can get into Beacon Hill at night? I know parking is closed but if you park outside there's nobody about stopping people from going in is there? Fancy taking some pics of the city tonight at sunset and can't be arsed going to be turned away when I get there. 

Just now, Ozwin said:

Does anyone know if you can get into Beacon Hill at night? I know parking is closed but if you park outside there's nobody about stopping people from going in is there? Fancy taking some pics of the city tonight at sunset and can't be arsed going to be turned away when I get there. 

You’ll be fine, I used to park on the road and walk the dog in the evening there ok.

On 03/04/2021 at 14:10, Ozwin said:

Yeah, right. 

Dogging :P

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Can I run along the Soar from Watermead park into town?  Is there a towpath for the whole route? 

I am dropping off my car in Hamilton and was looking for an interesting run home!

A little nudgette- I want to run it tomorrow ! 

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I'm not 100% sure because I've not run down that way for ages, but I think there is.

If I'm wrong I wouldn't worry as any bits where there isn't will be short and the path won't deviate far away

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I'm not 100% sure because I've not run down that way for ages, but I think there is.

If I'm wrong I wouldn't worry as any bits where there isn't will be short and the path won't deviate far away.

Edit: Having just looked at the satellite view on Google maps I'm pretty sure there's either towpath or footpath very close to it all the way

On 08/04/2021 at 22:13, Bellend Sebastian said:

If I'm wrong I wouldn't worry as any bits where there isn't will be short and the path won't deviate far away

Well I managed to work it out…. Ended up being a really lovely run…. Signposts were a bit random and I made a couple of errors…. The route appeared to dissolve  between the bottom of Abbey Park and Woodgate, but, I found my way and picked up the canal again…

so, I stayed on the canal from Watermead all the way to King Power

lots of interesting development around Woodgate

its a really good route…. The city should make more of it

15.6km in total - the legs ache a little!

Edited by Wolfox

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Settle an argument for me please 

When making no solid plans is the saying..... 

A) we'll play it by ear

B) we'll play it by here

Who the hell thought it was B?

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Well I managed to work it out…. Ended up being a really lovely run…. Signposts were a bit random and I made a couple of errors…. It discovered between the bottom of Abbey Park and Woodgate, but, I found my way and picked up the canal again…

so, I stayed on the canal from Watermead all the way to King Power

lots of interesting development around Woodgate

its a really good route…. The city should make more of it

15.6km in total - the legs ache a little!

Glad it worked out. I might head out that way myself some time - finding routes from home that aren't crushingly dull is always a challenge

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Glad it worked out. I might head out that way myself some time - finding routes from home that aren't crushingly dull is always a challenge

Yeah…. You should definitely do it…. A really nice route and I will do it again I’m sure 

51 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Can anyone recommend anybody to do a patio area in the garden?

Looking for recommendations, always hesitant to just pluck random companies off the Internet.

But you'll happily listen to a bunch of random people on a football forum? lol

Do you wanna buy a bridge, buddy?

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1