Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Payment protection on debit cards is only for purchases above £100 so no recourse there. 

Paypal would still likely ask you to incur the return costs any way. But you would get a full refund from them. 

The company not being UK based means you probably lose all your consumer rights in this country. 

I would probably ask for a replacement to be sent out immediately and agree to send the sunglasses back. You can probably do this via surface mail which is cheap but takes ages. As long as they send the item out they likely aren't to know how you've sent the sunglasses back, unless they demand tracking as well. 

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So what would you do?

I am currently having a dispute with an item i ordered. I ordered an Arepa maker (Arepa's are a Venezuelan delicacy) off a website, madnotto.co.uk. It was an item to be shipped from the Far East.

About 3 weeks later i get a delivery. It looks a little small. It has the order number on the packaging for my Arepa maker. I open the package to find a pair of fake Ray Ban sunglasses. So its obvious that the my label had been put onto the wrong parcel.

I try calling the number for customer services, doesn't exist. So I use the email on their website to discuss the issue.

I tell them that I have received the wrong item. They ask for photos as confirmation, which is perfectly reasonable. I take photos and email back. 

I advise them that I would still like the Arepa maker if it is still available. If not then I will have a refund. There response is in order to have a full refund I would need to send the glasses back, with which the cost of shipping and insurance would come out of my own pocket :dry:

To which I told them that is nonsense, it is of no fault of my own to receive these fake sunglasses (Also it is clear that they are fake). Why would I pay out of my own pocket to send it back in order to get my refund. So once all is done I am out of pocket.

They came back saying that they estimated that the cost to return the glasses would be approx £25 which isn't feasible, so would I accept a 50% refund and keep the glasses. ffs. 

So I reply that no, that isn't an option as I do not want these cheap nasty glasses and they will end up in the bin. So I am coming out of this £17.50 out of pocket. (Arepa maker is £35) I have said that I either want what I ordered (not bothered about waiting for it as its for my house move later in the year) or a full refund. They have just come back with an offer of keeping the glasses and a 60% refund and that apparently it is a Win-Win situation for me??? To which I explained again that the glasses are worthless to me and will be thrown away. I don't want them. How is this a win-win for me??

So I have replied with 2 options, send me an Arepa maker or give me a FULL refund. Currently I am awaiting their response. It takes a couple of days between emails. This has gone on for over 2 weeks now.

I'm not even bothered anymore, its the principle of it. I cant believe they are trying to negotiate with me over about £15. 

If the response isn't what I expect then i will look to take it further. Though i have never been in a situation like this so wouldn't know where to start lol 

Take the 60% refund and sell the fake Ray Bans to some mug for about £60.

Now that is a win win situation lol

Disclaimer: I do not approve of this behaviour and it is not consumer advice.

(But do it) :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@tom27111 quick question about deliveries and driver routes. I'm working from home today and I've got a parcel being delivered by dpd. Knowing my place can be a pain to find I always keep an eye on the map delivery companies provide so I can look out for the driver when he gets here. He must have driven past my place about 4 times and been very close a couple if other times. How are the routes planned at places like Amazon and DPD that means he'd practically be on my doorstep but not deliver?

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

@tom27111 quick question about deliveries and driver routes. I'm working from home today and I've got a parcel being delivered by dpd. Knowing my place can be a pain to find I always keep an eye on the map delivery companies provide so I can look out for the driver when he gets here. He must have driven past my place about 4 times and been very close a couple if other times. How are the routes planned at places like Amazon and DPD that means he'd practically be on my doorstep but not deliver?

They keep a cvnt list...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

It's a question that I'd like to be able to answer, but unfortunately, I can't. 

Some of the routes make no sense whatsoever, I often wonder how much richer Amazon would be if they could plan an efficient route.

Yesterday, I was delivering in Earl Shilton. I then had a 15 minute drive for about 5 stops in Thurlaston. I was then sent back to Earl Shilton for another 20 odd drops, then back to Thurlaston for another 10. Before being sent back to...you guessed it, Earl Shilton, to finish my route.

Very frustrating as a driver because your finish time is determined by when you've made all your deliveries. Over an hour wasted because of poor route planning.

I've also had it when I've been on a row of terraced houses on one street. I deliver to number 5 and number 9, then 3 hours later, I'm back on the same street delivering to number 7.

Quite unbelievable that a company of that size can make such basic errors.

Aside from all that, I wouldn't worry about your house being hard to find, on my device, the satnav pinpoints the exact address perfectly. There's never really an excuse for not finding where you need to be.

• Thanks 1

So the latest is that they are prepared to offer 70% refund and me keep the glasses lol. So they are literally negotiating over £10. 

Ive replied simply with that i am not prepared to discuss further and its either send me the item or give me a full refund.

Im not even that bothered anymore

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

So the latest is that they are prepared to offer 70% refund and me keep the glasses lol. So they are literally negotiating over £10. 

Ive replied simply with that i am not prepared to discuss further and its either send me the item or give me a full refund.

What Ray Ban's are they?

Let's have a picture lol

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

A friend of mine had a similar dispute with Aliexpress, in the end they let him keep the item for free.

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It's a question that I'd like to be able to answer, but unfortunately, I can't. 

Some of the routes make no sense whatsoever, I often wonder how much richer Amazon would be if they could plan an efficient route.

Yesterday, I was delivering in Earl Shilton. I then had a 15 minute drive for about 5 stops in Thurlaston. I was then sent back to Earl Shilton for another 20 odd drops, then back to Thurlaston for another 10. Before being sent back to...you guessed it, Earl Shilton, to finish my route.

Very frustrating as a driver because your finish time is determined by when you've made all your deliveries. Over an hour wasted because of poor route planning.

I've also had it when I've been on a row of terraced houses on one street. I deliver to number 5 and number 9, then 3 hours later, I'm back on the same street delivering to number 7.

Quite unbelievable that a company of that size can make such basic errors.

Aside from all that, I wouldn't worry about your house being hard to find, on my device, the satnav pinpoints the exact address perfectly. There's never really an excuse for not finding where you need to be.

Is your satnav a TomTom2711. lol

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is your satnav a TomTom2711. lol

That is terrible and isn't even worthy of this response.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is probably the name of the person kingcarr21 was in dialogue with lol

However, this is amazing and more than compensates for it lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know why Piers Morgan and the media hate Megan Markle? I don’t know if I have missed something. Even Alan Sugar tweeted today that he doesn’t like her.

No one knows. That’s the odd thing. I think it seemed to turn when Harry accused the media of harassing her like they harassed his mother. Since then they have gotten really nasty. That being said they were pretty bad before that anyway.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No one knows. That’s the odd thing. I think it seemed to turn when Harry accused the media of harassing her like they harassed his mother. Since then they have gotten really nasty. That being said they were pretty bad before that anyway.

I just don’t get it. The vendetta against her is really nasty and that bellend Piers seems to slagging her off on national tv. What if it is really affecting her mentally etc. All these pricks preaching about being kind and then doing this. 

• Like 3

Just now, Unabomber said:

I just don’t get it. The vendetta against her is really nasty and that bellend Piers seems to slagging her off on national tv. What if it is really affecting her mentally etc. All these pricks preaching about being kind and then doing this. 

I really hope in the interview tonight she doesn't hold back and just calls everyone out. They totally deserve it. Piers Morgan is a nasty piece of work, the way he tried to get sympathy from Caroline Flacks death after building a career by destroying celebrities was disgusting. I'm amazed ITV employ him tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know why Piers Morgan and the media hate Megan Markle? I don’t know if I have missed something. Even Alan Sugar tweeted today that he doesn’t like her.

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Seriously? I don't think it takes a huge stretch of the imagination to guess why.

You could say it's black and white...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Seriously? I don't think it takes a huge stretch of the imagination to guess why.

I don’t particularly like her but don’t believe that has anything to do with it 

I mean I don’t like the Royals per se so I only have a vague knowledge of what they are like but the impression I get is that she’s a bit needy. Not do I get the we want a quiet life approach but they then do something that will inevitably stir up a shit storm now and in the future 

I know there are many with different more positive views of her and people with a better informed opinion than mine but if it’s suggested that a negative view of a non white person is inevitably due to racist beliefs then that’s quite lazy in my opinion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buce said:

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Surely not 

They'll never admit it 

9 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Partner & I are looking at learning a second language. 

There are so many apps to chose from, does anybody have any recommendations of best one to chose? At the moment, it looks like Babbel and Rosetta Stone are front runners.

I've used Duolingo to learn a smattering of a few languages.

You won't acheive fluency but it would enable you to function in a place where that language is spoken (and it's free).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1