Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Nor are any of the names predicted in there, well at least they weren’t when posted.

The thread isn’t for you that’s fine, so stay out of it. :dunno:

I’ve engaged and took part in the past, if someone dies, they die.

But Facecloth came swanning in like he was playing celebrity death bingo, with the kind of tone that made him sound like he gets a kick when celebrities are on the brink of death.

He clearly thinks his comment was completely normal, you obviously think so too.

Some people last night thought differently.

So we’ll leave it at that, or comments will be deleted for “spoiling a thread” 👍🏻

19 minutes ago, kingfox said:

But Facecloth came swanning in like he was playing celebrity death bingo, with the kind of tone that made him sound like he gets a kick when celebrities are on the brink of death.

He clearly thinks his comment was completely normal, you obviously think so too.

So we’ll leave it at that, or comments will be deleted for “spoiling a thread” 👍🏻

Am I missing something here?  I thought that was the whole point of that thread.  Not necessarily my cup of tea but if this is your issue aim it at the thread, not the man.  As far as I can tell that comment is perfectly in keeping with the spirit of that topic.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That wasn't the impression I got from his post at all, he just asked if anyone had TW on their list didn't he? Perfectly reasonable question given the news I thought :dunno: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That wasn't the impression I got from his post at all, he just asked if anyone had TW on their list didn't he? Perfectly reasonable question given the news I thought :dunno: 

I said before he's taking exception at the comment for two reasons, he like Woods, which is why I think Izzy took exception too, and he just wants to pick a fight with me over anything.

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

As far as I can tell that comment is perfectly in keeping with the spirit of that topic.

But considering he wasn’t dead, there wasn’t any need for it. Same applies to the guy who said similar about Prince Phillip.

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Perfectly reasonable question given the news I thought :dunno: 

lol fvcking hell.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I said before he's taking exception at the comment for two reasons, he like Woods, which is why I think Izzy took exception too, and he just wants to pick a fight with me over anything.

Is Tiger Woods one of my favourite golfers? Nope. But I have great respect for him and his achievements.

I just happened to see your comment on this occasion, called you out on it like Izzy did, and in your typical ways you got argumentative and threw a hissy fit as if you did nothing wrong.

We’ll leave it at that, before you turn into a 2015 version of myself :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

But considering he wasn’t dead, there wasn’t any need for it. Same applies to the guy who said similar about Prince Phillip.

My dude, it's a death prediction thread, not a celebrity mourning thread.  Most comments should be about people who aren't dead yet or the topic doesn't really work lol

I'll reiterate it sounds like you have a problem with the 'too soon' type of dark humour, that's pretty normal, but that being the case I don't know what you were hoping to get from a thread created specifically for it.  It's like a straight man going into a gay bar and getting upset that all the women are lesbians and not into him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

My dude, it's a death prediction thread, not a celebrity mourning thread.  Most comments should be about people who aren't dead yet or the topic doesn't really work lol

I'll reiterate it sounds like you have a problem with the 'too soon' type of dark humour, that's pretty normal, but that being the case I don't know what you were hoping to get from a thread created specifically for it.  It's like a straight man going into a gay bar and getting upset that all the women are lesbians and not into him.

23-DA9-E95-22-B3-471-F-BE9-C-EE4-E718307

As I said, I’ve taken part before, you make your list, when someone dies they die.

But is there any need to make a premature unnecessary idiotic comment, as if it’s exciting news and you get a well done sticker for being right, no there wasn’t.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As I said, I’ve taken part before, you make your list, when someone dies they die.

But is there any need to make a premature unnecessary idiotic comment, as if it’s exciting news and you get a well done sticker for being right, no there wasn’t.

fe529-dl04.jpg?w=320&h=177

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

You really aren't disproving @Facecloth's theory that you're just being contrary for contrary's sake.  Make your own thread with blackjack and hookers and very sensible chat about deceased celebrities if that's what you want.  I don't think there's any more I can add to this, I don't even know why I've dragged myself into it, I literally don't care and never use that thread anyway.  Hit us with a banger of a reaction gif to close this conversation out, don't let me down.

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Has it increased his handicap?

Naughty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buce said:

Has it increased his handicap?

335-C8-A03-D2-C5-42-DF-9893-74-D17-F9-A1

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You really aren't disproving @Facecloth's theory that you're just being contrary for contrary's sake.  Make your own thread with blackjack and hookers and very sensible chat about deceased celebrities if that's what you want.  I don't think there's any more I can add to this, I don't even know why I've dragged myself into it, I literally don't care and never use that thread anyway.  Hit us with a banger of a reaction gif to close this conversation out, don't let me down.

97-F9-B3-C5-5934-481-A-9-E39-41-FBA2-CDB

• Thanks 1

Any of the postal workers on here know if Narborough is a do not deliver zone or something 😄?

Parents posted a card to us with a 1st class stamp (from Aylestone) last Friday and it's still not here. Happened in January too when it took 8 days to arrive. 

For comparison she has posted 2 to Nottingham recently which arrived within 2 days both times.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Your spouse has been kidnapped.

They're being held in a location 30 minutes away.

You're driving to rescue them. 

It's a warm night and the windows are down.

Do you listen to music on the drive there and if so what music?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

There is clearly an argument for some urgency under this scenario.

Some might suggest "Bat out of hell" by Meatloaf, then "7 minutes to midnight" by Wah, followed by "5 minutes" by The Stranglers and finally "Seconds" by the Human League.

But if it was my ex, I reckon I'd opt for "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, then "Leaving on a jet plane", "Woah, we're going to Barbados" by Typically Tropical and "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard.

Edited by Alf Bentley

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

There is clearly an argument for some urgency under this scenario.

Some might suggest "Bat out of hell" by Meatloaf, then "7 minutes to midnight" by Wah, followed by "5 minutes" by The Stranglers and finally "Seconds" by the Human League.

But if it was my ex, I reckon I'd opt for "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, then "Leaving on a jet plane", "Woah, we're going to Barbados" by Typically Tropical and "Summer Holiday" by Cliff Richard.

Thought you might listen to this if it was the ex?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

So what would you do?

I am currently having a dispute with an item i ordered. I ordered an Arepa maker (Arepa's are a Venezuelan delicacy) off a website, madnotto.co.uk. It was an item to be shipped from the Far East.

About 3 weeks later i get a delivery. It looks a little small. It has the order number on the packaging for my Arepa maker. I open the package to find a pair of fake Ray Ban sunglasses. So its obvious that the my label had been put onto the wrong parcel.

I try calling the number for customer services, doesn't exist. So I use the email on their website to discuss the issue.

I tell them that I have received the wrong item. They ask for photos as confirmation, which is perfectly reasonable. I take photos and email back. 

I advise them that I would still like the Arepa maker if it is still available. If not then I will have a refund. There response is in order to have a full refund I would need to send the glasses back, with which the cost of shipping and insurance would come out of my own pocket :dry:

To which I told them that is nonsense, it is of no fault of my own to receive these fake sunglasses (Also it is clear that they are fake). Why would I pay out of my own pocket to send it back in order to get my refund. So once all is done I am out of pocket.

They came back saying that they estimated that the cost to return the glasses would be approx £25 which isn't feasible, so would I accept a 50% refund and keep the glasses. ffs. 

So I reply that no, that isn't an option as I do not want these cheap nasty glasses and they will end up in the bin. So I am coming out of this £17.50 out of pocket. (Arepa maker is £35) I have said that I either want what I ordered (not bothered about waiting for it as its for my house move later in the year) or a full refund. They have just come back with an offer of keeping the glasses and a 60% refund and that apparently it is a Win-Win situation for me??? To which I explained again that the glasses are worthless to me and will be thrown away. I don't want them. How is this a win-win for me??

So I have replied with 2 options, send me an Arepa maker or give me a FULL refund. Currently I am awaiting their response. It takes a couple of days between emails. This has gone on for over 2 weeks now.

I'm not even bothered anymore, its the principle of it. I cant believe they are trying to negotiate with me over about £15. 

If the response isn't what I expect then i will look to take it further. Though i have never been in a situation like this so wouldn't know where to start lol 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

So what would you do?

I am currently having a dispute with an item i ordered. I ordered an Arepa maker (Arepa's are a Venezuelan delicacy) off a website, madnotto.co.uk. It was an item to be shipped from the Far East.

About 3 weeks later i get a delivery. It looks a little small. It has the order number on the packaging for my Arepa maker. I open the package to find a pair of fake Ray Ban sunglasses. So its obvious that the my label had been put onto the wrong parcel.

I try calling the number for customer services, doesn't exist. So I use the email on their website to discuss the issue.

I tell them that I have received the wrong item. They ask for photos as confirmation, which is perfectly reasonable. I take photos and email back. 

I advise them that I would still like the Arepa maker if it is still available. If not then I will have a refund. There response is in order to have a full refund I would need to send the glasses back, with which the cost of shipping and insurance would come out of my own pocket :dry:

To which I told them that is nonsense, it is of no fault of my own to receive these fake sunglasses (Also it is clear that they are fake). Why would I pay out of my own pocket to send it back in order to get my refund. So once all is done I am out of pocket.

They came back saying that they estimated that the cost to return the glasses would be approx £25 which isn't feasible, so would I accept a 50% refund and keep the glasses. ffs. 

So I reply that no, that isn't an option as I do not want these cheap nasty glasses and they will end up in the bin. So I am coming out of this £17.50 out of pocket. (Arepa maker is £35) I have said that I either want what I ordered (not bothered about waiting for it as its for my house move later in the year) or a full refund. They have just come back with an offer of keeping the glasses and a 60% refund and that apparently it is a Win-Win situation for me??? To which I explained again that the glasses are worthless to me and will be thrown away. I don't want them. How is this a win-win for me??

So I have replied with 2 options, send me an Arepa maker or give me a FULL refund. Currently I am awaiting their response. It takes a couple of days between emails. This has gone on for over 2 weeks now.

I'm not even bothered anymore, its the principle of it. I cant believe they are trying to negotiate with me over about £15. 

If the response isn't what I expect then i will look to take it further. Though i have never been in a situation like this so wouldn't know where to start lol 

How did you pay?

If you used PayPal you could open a dispute.