Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 hours ago, Buce said:

A muscle relaxant won't help at all as the pain is caused by the tendon rubbing against tissue and bone.

Mine took about 9 months to heal but that was because my GP spent the first couple of months working on the assumption that it was arthritis; when blood tests came back negative, and x-rays didn't show anything, she finally sent me for an ultrasound examination. In the meantime, I had been continuing to pump iron which probably exacerbated the problem.

I had impingement syndrome in both shoulders from my mid-30s when the GP said I was too young for surgery, until my mid-40s when another GP referred me for treatment. After several steroid injections, which gave some relief for a few weeks, I was referred for surgery. The surgeon did both shoulders, exactly 12 months apart. It took about 10 months to recover from the surgery and regain some muscle strength and full movement, but the surgery made my life infinitely better. As a hobbyist guitar player, I'd have been finished but for the operations. Just for good measure, the same surgeon operated on my tennis elbow a couple of years later. The NHS is wonderful. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I had impingement syndrome in both shoulders from my mid-30s when the GP said I was too young for surgery, until my mid-40s when another GP referred me for treatment. After several steroid injections, which gave some relief for a few weeks, I was referred for surgery. The surgeon did both shoulders, exactly 12 months apart. It took about 10 months to recover from the surgery and regain some muscle strength and full movement, but the surgery made my life infinitely better. As a hobbyist guitar player, I'd have been finished but for the operations. Just for good measure, the same surgeon operated on my tennis elbow a couple of years later. The NHS is wonderful. 

I've kind of learned how to stop doing certain movements that cause the worst pain during the day, which isn't ideal, but manageable. 

It's just at night. Was awake at 4.15 this morning in absolute agony. 

It seems to be slightly better when I sleep on the shoulder that's causing me trouble, but that isn't the side I naturally sleep on.

Ice pack and pain killers before bed again tonight :(

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've kind of learned how to stop doing certain movements that cause the worst pain during the day, which isn't ideal, but manageable. 

It's just at night. Was awake at 4.15 this morning in absolute agony. 

It seems to be slightly better when I sleep on the shoulder that's causing me trouble, but that isn't the side I naturally sleep on.

Ice pack and pain killers before bed again tonight :(

I really feel for you, it's an agonising and relentless condition. I too found it best to sleep on the painful side (although both were!).I managed mine for years, relying too much on alcohol to help me to sleep, until one day at work when the right shoulder stopped. Couldn't move it at all. Please see your GP and be persistent about getting treatment. I was first sent for physio which only made it worse. It can go away with anti-inflammatories, or steroid injections (painful but worth it), but for many it has to be surgery. The condition affects a surprising people. When I had my surgery they were doing the same op on a ward full of men throughout the day. One of the nurses told me she'd had the surgery and it was the best thing she'd ever done. Definitely was for me.

18 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I really feel for you, it's an agonising and relentless condition. I too found it best to sleep on the painful side (although both were!).I managed mine for years, relying too much on alcohol to help me to sleep, until one day at work when the right shoulder stopped. Couldn't move it at all. Please see your GP and be persistent about getting treatment. I was first sent for physio which only made it worse. It can go away with anti-inflammatories, or steroid injections (painful but worth it), but for many it has to be surgery. The condition affects a surprising people. When I had my surgery they were doing the same op on a ward full of men throughout the day. One of the nurses told me she'd had the surgery and it was the best thing she'd ever done. Definitely was for me.

Sounds like I've got away easy, at least it's only one side!

I'm getting in the GP when I can and taking it from there. 

At least it's curable, whichever route is needed.

Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I had my covid jab today, told the guy doing it about my shoulder, as I didn't know if it would affect where they have to jab, he just said "do you want 2 fvcked up arms, or one?" I said "one please" and rolled up my left sleeve lol

Least you can still have a wank.

About 2 years ago I dislocated my right shoulder for the second time. First time i was 18 playing indoor footy. Second time i was wrestling with my little son on the ground in my bedroom and i got up too fast and it just popped out. I made neymar look like an amatuer.

About 3 months later i had surgery to repair my torn shoulder. Definitely took time to heal and i lost a little mobility/range of motion but nothing to prevents me from lifting heavy things, wanking etc. 

The plus from my situation is that i can wipe my arse using either hand. I'm a righty so when my arm was in a sling i had no choice but to learn to wipe left handed. Some trying times!  Oddly, i just couldnt get used to the left handed wank. It just wasnt the same "fit" as my right hand has been since i was a teen. Shame.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Couldn't find a thread on it but has anybody got any recommendations for a Full English in the City centre ?

Don't say go to Ron's cafe :rolleyes:

Hollys Cafe opposite Middletons steakhouse is nice. Good quality plenty of seats outside if the weather is nice 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 00:51, Jattdogg said:

Least you can still have a wank.

About 2 years ago I dislocated my right shoulder for the second time. First time i was 18 playing indoor footy. Second time i was wrestling with my little son on the ground in my bedroom and i got up too fast and it just popped out. I made neymar look like an amatuer.

About 3 months later i had surgery to repair my torn shoulder. Definitely took time to heal and i lost a little mobility/range of motion but nothing to prevents me from lifting heavy things, wanking etc. 

The plus from my situation is that i can wipe my arse using either hand. I'm a righty so when my arm was in a sling i had no choice but to learn to wipe left handed. Some trying times!  Oddly, i just couldnt get used to the left handed wank. It just wasnt the same "fit" as my right hand has been since i was a teen. Shame.

So is the wank only when City lose and you then won't shag your missus?

2015-16 must have been a quiet year for you right hand. lol

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

So is the wank only when City lose and you then won't shag your missus?

2015-16 must have been a quiet year for you right hand. lol

To be honest, wanking is whenever. The shagging of the missus is more about winning (or to get her off my case for a few weeks lol

2015-16 was different as we had kids aged 3 and 1 by the time we won the title so shagging was non existent before season began. Those with young kids can relat a bit. Odd shag here or there in between cleaning diapers and throwup lol

Edited by Jattdogg

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

To be honest, wanking is whenever. The shagging of the missus is more about winning (or to get her off my case for a few weeks lol

2015-16 was different as we had kids aged 3 and 1 by the time we won the title so shagging was non existent before season began. Those with young kids can relat a bit. Odd shag here or there in between cleaning diapers and throwup lol

Thanks for the detailed reply :blink:

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

What do scallies keep in those weird little handbags they have? Or, indeed, the old skool scally luggage of choice, the JD Sports drawstring carrier bag.

Yeah I often think that, they are pretty weird. 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve accidentally created an online HRMC without realising I already have one open.  I can now log into the same account using two different gateway IDs. Is this going to cause any issues?

You're gonna pay double tax :ph34r:

Does anyone know how feasible it is to change the taps on a cast iron bath? We're looking to get a shower head/tap combo to replace what's currently there, but I imagine this would leave a messy hole where the taps were and would perhaps make more sense to just get a new bath with the taps already fitted to that?

Super Hans Plumbing GIF - SuperHans Plumbing Lego - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by David Guiza

1. Has anyone got any informed opinions as to what Weymouth is like as a place to live? 

2. Any idea how easy/difficult it would be to rent out a flat there for income (medium-term, not holiday let)?

3. Any recommendations for good pubs in Weymouth or surrounding area - especially ones likely to be showing the Euros?

To explain: I've visited Weymouth a couple of times and like the place, but living somewhere is a bit different. I'm wondering how friendly the locals are, what it's like out of season etc.

I'll probably stay in Leicester for a couple of years yet, until daughter is launched, but plan to move then - and I'm considering buying a flat soon & renting it out for 2-3 years before moving there (dependent on housing market and other factors).

That's not something I ever planned to do, but I didn't plan to get divorced, to have poor pension provision and to live in a world of near-zero interest rates. 

Any thoughts? Let's experiment and see if any locals have a view..... :thumbup:

@weymouthfox @Dorchester Fox @Dorset Fox  @dorsetboy  @bridport007 @Sol thewall Bamba @Bournemouth Blue @Bournemouthfox10

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'll probably stay in Leicester for a couple of years yet, until daughter is launched, but plan to move then

Is she a space rocket?