Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Walking the dogs at 6 this morning and for once a clear night sky, I looked up and saw a train of stars going over that lasted for 15 minutes or so, a sight to behold it was. Anyway I presume that this was satellites, possibly the space x ones but if it was is this a regular occurrence?

SpaceX sent more up last week I think but I don't know if they'd still be up there. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Walking the dogs at 6 this morning and for once a clear night sky, I looked up and saw a train of stars going over that lasted for 15 minutes or so, a sight to behold it was. Anyway I presume that this was satellites, possibly the space x ones but if it was is this a regular occurrence?

It's a very regular occurrence.

There's different types of formations too.

You can find out when to look out for them here: https://findstarlink.com

It was something I found in the first lockdown to keep the kids a little bit entertained. 

• Thanks 1

@yorkie1999said: "New Zealand isn't part of the same continental shelf [as Australia]. There's 9 continents Asia, North America, South America, [Africa], Europe, Australia, Antarctica, Zealandia and Great Britain.

Ireland? Tasmania? Mont St. Michel? :dunno:

(In case of doubt, I'm just messing about - and, yes, I should get a life)

Are all kids getting these 'Headteacher Awards' or something similar?

I'm all for proud parents and encouragment of their kids (Although I very much doubt '6 year old Charlie' will see it on social media) but I've seen no end of people posting all over social media, "So proud of my little angel getting headteachers award", "My little darling was struggling with her writing but after a few weeks of homeschooling with me they've got the headteacher's award".

Maybe i'm just abit cynical but there so many people posting the same things it seems almost every kid is getting one lol

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

I had a D2 driving licence so I could drive trucks on my days off when I was working. I tried to use it as confirmation of my identity and I got a response saying that it was expired. The D2 part has expired as it has to be renewed every 5 years but D1's will not expire until you're aged 70. I've searched the DVLA website to see if my D1, (normal licence for driving) is still valid as I'm not 70. I cannot find an answer. I was wondering if anyone here knows?

• 2 weeks later...

It was more Kingfox.

I made a post that has been made numerous times in the Deathlist threads over the years when a famous person is ill or has an accident, just like someone had a week ago about Prince Philip (who still isn't dead BTW and nobody once had a go at that poster), and asked if anyone had Tiger Woods. Izzy initially and then kingfox took exception to this (because you know people only call out something they think is wrong when it about something they care about, had this been someone they were indifferent to they wouldn't have said a thing) and kingfox made an extremely offensive comment that I'd be disappointed Woods isn't dead. We all know kingfox isn't the brightest and doesn't seem to understand why accusing someone of wishing someone else dead might be a tad offensive, so it got a little heated, although I never saw his final reply.

Maybe everyone in the past who has made a post like that is wrong, but neither of them have ever been bothered before until it was a hero of theirs. Kingfox would argue the sky is green though if it meant arguing with me.

Anyway, I thought Woods' driving would improve after his back surgery :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sure you are correct @Facecloth but on the flip side you are master at the art of baiting.....:D

I won't deny I'm an expert in masterb........oh wait.

Seriously though I don't bait people, I often respond to other posts and get into disagreement that way, but I don't post to piss people off intentionally all that often.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I won't deny I'm an expert in masterb........oh wait.

Seriously though I don't bait people, I often respond to other posts and get into disagreement that way, but I don't post to piss people off intentionally all that often.

Was a pathetic early morning jest, and I do realise you do not bait intentionally (The declaration of bait is on the baited after all)  

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It was more Kingfox.

I made a post that has been made numerous times in the Deathlist threads over the years when a famous person is ill or has an accident, just like someone had a week ago about Prince Philip (who still isn't dead BTW and nobody once had a go at that poster), and asked if anyone had Tiger Woods. Izzy initially and then kingfox took exception to this (because you know people only call out something they think is wrong when it about something they care about, had this been someone they were indifferent to they wouldn't have said a thing) and kingfox made an extremely offensive comment that I'd be disappointed Woods isn't dead. We all know kingfox isn't the brightest and doesn't seem to understand why accusing someone of wishing someone else dead might be a tad offensive, so it got a little heated, although I never saw his final reply.

Maybe everyone in the past who has made a post like that is wrong, but neither of them have ever been bothered before until it was a hero of theirs. Kingfox would argue the sky is green though if it meant arguing with me.

Anyway, I thought Woods' driving would improve after his back surgery :ph34r:

1) You made an unnecessary insensitive comment

2) Had the audacity to have a go at @Izzy for no reason

3) Had the audacity to call my comment disgusting, when yours was as equally inappropriate 

4) No doubt you thought your comment was completely acceptable 

5) Had the audacity to call me and @Izzy “Pissy” when it was you being Pissy and argumentative 

6) Tried to play the victim, yet I saw nobody defending you

7) Now finds the situation funny and obviously thinks you did no wrong 

8) But I commend you for not wanting to start Round 2 9-A92-A7-D8-6837-42-AB-AB50-E2261-D58390

Think that covers everything 👍🏻 

Edited by kingfox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

1) You made an unnecessary insensitive comment

2) Had the audacity to have a go at @Izzy for no reason

3) Had the audacity to call my comment disgusting, when yours was as equally inappropriate 

4) No doubt you thought your comment was completely acceptable 

5) Had the audacity to call me and @Izzy “Pissy” when it was you being Pissy and argumentative 

6) Tried to play the victim, yet I saw nobody defending you

7) Now finds the situation funny and obviously thinks you did no wrong 

8) But I commend you for not wanting to start Round 2 9-A92-A7-D8-6837-42-AB-AB50-E2261-D58390

Think that covers everything 👍🏻 

I didn’t see the comment but it’s a death thread, it’s not meant to be taken serious. It’s for dark humour really.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I didn’t see the comment but it’s a death thread, it’s not meant to be taken serious. It’s for dark humour really.

A death thread, yet the person in question ain’t dead.

When someone comments in the kind of tone, that makes them look like they get excited when a celebrity could be on the brink of death, then I’m not surprised myself and others found it kind of unnecessary and inappropriate.

If Facecloth worded his message better, then the conversation would never have started, simple as that.

But there’s no point getting into a conversation about it, or comments will end up getting deleted like last night lol 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

All I said was. 

"Anyone got Tiger Woods? In hospital after a car crash."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

A death thread, yet the person in question ain’t dead.

When someone comments in the kind of tone, that makes them look like they get excited when a celebrity could be on the brink of death, then I’m not surprised myself and others found it kind of unnecessary and inappropriate.

If Facecloth worded his message better, then the conversation would never have started, simple as that.

But there’s no point getting into a conversation about it, or comments will end up getting deleted like last night lol 

Nor are any of the names predicted in there, well at least they weren’t when posted.

The thread isn’t for you that’s fine, so stay out of it. :dunno: