Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Why do NHS serve dinner for lunch and lunch for dinner?  I was in Queens hospital all day in Burton where this happened.   I spoke to my father in law and he experienced the same in several hospitals all around UK.

Perhaps @z-layrex will know?

On 08/03/2021 at 00:48, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know why Piers Morgan and the media hate Megan Markle? I don’t know if I have missed something. Even Alan Sugar tweeted today that he doesn’t like her.

it it the media's job to have one they can hate.

Diana Spencer Vs Sarah Ferguson

8 hours ago, The Blur said:

Why do NHS serve dinner for lunch and lunch for dinner?  I was in Queens hospital all day in Burton where this happened.   I spoke to my father in law and he experienced the same in several hospitals all around UK.

Dinner is what you have in the middle of the day. 

Tea is what you have about 6/7 pm. 

Lunch?  No such word in my vocabulary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Dinner and tea are the same thing, an evening meal. Lunch is a light meal you have in the middle of the day. 

Not in my world. 

It's one of those words that still brings out the old class-warrior in me, even at my advanced age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Not in my world. 

It's one of those words that still brings out the old class-warrior in me, even at my advanced age. 

Isn’t it more of a regional variation (see how I cunningly avoided saying generational? :ph34r:) more than a class thing?

I don't understand all this talk of class.

My butler brings elevenses at 11am, tiffin at 4pm and supper at 9pm.

We're both happy with that arrangement and are both working-class chaps.

In long-ago grape-picking days, they served breakfast at 7am and casse-croûte ("break-crust") at 9-9.30am.

Breakfast was before work and was bread & jam and coffee. Casse-croûte was dried sausage, dark chocolate and rough red wine, eaten/drunk in the vines after a couple of hours of work......this country needs casse-croûte.

14 hours ago, The Blur said:

Not my area of expertise sadly. Can I interest you in a variety of gastric tube feeds?

House is over 18 years old. I've been here almost 16 of them. Time to change the carpet.

Is it the done thing these days to have the same colour carpet on the stairs, landings and bedrooms?

Planning on some mid grey colour throughout. 

(Downstairs plus lounge, on middle floor, all have similar-ish colour vinyl/laminate flooring. Bathrooms have their own flooring.)

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Has anybody ever taken their car to Halfords to have the AC cleaned? Something you can trust them with or better off at a garage? 

I wouldn't trust Halfords full stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

I wouldn't trust Halfords full stop.

Me neither as a rule, but for £20 I wasn’t sure I had much to lose, obviously it’s £20 better in my pocket than theirs if they’ve got previous of cocking this up with anybody else though. I might just have a chat with my local garage. 

im ordering a new tap for the kitchen ,as our has sprung a mighty leak, looking at it, theres a hole in the side of the tap so its not a repair job. but im light on tools, can i replace a tap with an adjustable spanner or will i need another tool? thanks

31 minutes ago, Beliall said:

im ordering a new tap for the kitchen ,as our has sprung a mighty leak, looking at it, theres a hole in the side of the tap so its not a repair job. but im light on tools, can i replace a tap with an adjustable spanner or will i need another tool? thanks

I think you'll be OK. Pretty much just 3 bolts underneath from memory.

They're pretty small bolts though and quite fiddly. A pair of pliers and a flatheaded screwdriver could come in handy. 

But to be fair, you'd better ask @Strokeslol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

They're pretty small bolts though and quite fiddly. A pair of pliers and a flatheaded screwdriver could come in handy. 

Just do it with your teeth you pussies.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

thanks mate. 

• Like 1