Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Kate Middleton

So the Nurse took the call?

She's the one that divulge all the 'medical' details, I'd imagine that's a big no no for medical staff.

Appears that way.

What a tragic unforgiving society you live in when a person can take their own life over an honest mistake.

This is clearly a tragic situation but (and i don't mean to sound like a dick here) divulging patient details over the phone is like rule 1 of anyone who works in an area where sensitive information could be divulged! It don't matter who they think is on the end of the phone! Massive schoolboy error!

Still tragic though!

The nurse that has killed herself didn't divulge the information. She answered the call because there was no receptionist on duty (because of the time) and transferred it through to the other nurse who divulged the information.

It would take someone will some balls to genuinely start asking the Queen security questions if they really thought they believed they were talking to her. lol

Its their job though.

I always remember talking about being on stag on exercise. even if you recognised the person approaching you still had to gp tjrough tje challenges and ask for the password. Whether that be a sergeant or the general chief of staff

As has been said, not so funny any more (and when you thinking it wasn't funny to begin...) I do imagine the nurse probably has recieved some grief and I don't know if this has been pointed out, clearly English wasn't her first language and I know that when I hear foriegn languages spoken on radio I have great difficulty telling one person from another.

Wonder if these DJs will get any comeback on this? Sacking as a minimum - certainly worse than what Brand and Ross did.

I find it hard to believe someone would kill themselves over this without some sort of pre-existing depression. According to a hospital spokesman on the radio she hadn't even been disciplined for this .

As has been said, not so funny any more (and when you thinking it wasn't funny to begin...) I do imagine the nurse probably has recieved some grief and I don't know if this has been pointed out, clearly English wasn't her first language and I know that when I hear foriegn languages spoken on radio I have great difficulty telling one person from another.

Wonder if these DJs will get any comeback on this? Sacking as a minimum - certainly worse than what Brand and Ross did.

Pretty sure our queen is still the Australian queen although rules seem to be different. Officially impersonating the queen over here is a criminal offence.. but yeah I'm sure they'll get sacked.

I find it hard to believe someone would kill themselves over this without some sort of pre-existing depression. According to a hospital spokesman on the radio she hadn't even been disciplined for this .

Some foreign cultures have much more principalled concepts of honour than we do and also revere royalty in a way that we haven't done for hundreds of years, if ever.

Sacking as a minimum?

Whilst this news is very sad, its hardly their fault.

Is it definitely suicide?

Sacking as a minimum?

Whilst this news is very sad, its hardly their fault.

Is it definitely suicide?

Andrew Sachs being upset was hardly Brand and Ross's fault, but they got into a hell of hot water which basically saw them both leave before they were pushed.

As a registered nurse and a mental health nurse at that some of the opinions on here appear to be put forward with opinion but little knowledge. FYI most suicides occur with people who are not in touch with mental health services in my experience and its nit often depression that leads To suicide. Also unless your in that situation who knows why you would divulge. It's the most difficult position in the world not to give information to a concerned relative or friend. I feel deeply for her family and frinds and mortified by the Australian dj's approach to the affair. Tragic.

But is it her responsibility to verify the identity of the caller, or is it that you don't ever give out details over the phone, from what I heard someone answered the phone and then passed the phone to the nurse, probably saying it's the queen.

I don't know what protocol is but if a colleague passed me the phone saying it was the queen I would believe them, if someone phoned up saying they were the queen I would be suspicious.

Not been following this story mainly because I'm not interested in Royal stories., but if the Queen wanted information would not an aide make the phone call to say she wanted to have a word? Then those on the receiving end could ask security questions.

If you genuinely believed that it was the Queen, would you dare question it? I probably wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure the queen doesn't normally phone people directly, you would be contacted by her people and expected to hold while they put it through to the queen.

She doesn't just ring you up and leave a voicemail if your not in.

Tragic story, but I can't help but feel sorry for the DJ's as well, they had no chance of knowing she would commit suicide, it was a joke that went horribly horribly wrong.

People getting on the DJs back and saying how accountable and how evil they are, how would you feel if the DJ's now committed suicide because of the abuse they are receiving?

They had absolutely no idea that they were going to be taken seriously, let alone that this would end in suicide, to vilify them is just wrong.

Took that badly didn't she. I hope the aussie radio show is proud of themselves.

http://www.mirror.co...tionist-1478123

I don't really see you can be that way towards the radio show DJs. Yes it's sad news, but imagine you were planning a prank like this - would the possibility that the receptionist would commit suicide over it actually cross your mind? It's not really a possibility you'd put down as remotely likely.

Archived