Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Kate Middleton

You're of sound and reasonable mind - then have a mare at work (it sounds like she only handed the phone to someone else) and then you kill yourself?

I understand what you're saying, and it would seem more likely there are factors we don't yet know, but even though she only passed the phone on, it was her bit that the BBC had on the website, as it didn't contain any sensitive info.

What we don't know is whether she was harassed by the press for a comment, I've read she wasn't reprimanded at work, but you don't know what was actually said. You don't know whether she felt like she was going to get fired and what the consequences would be if she did lose her job.

It could just have been that the humiliation of having her mistake broadcast around the world was just too much for her to cope with.

People on the internet saying the Aussie DJs should be done for manslaughter, etc. Some people need to get a grip - they only made a phone call. They obviously never intended for this to happen - probably didn't even expect to be taken seriously.

Such a stupid mob mentality when all the sheep just jump on board for a witch-hunt just so they can sit on their sanctimonious high-horse and be outraged. Probably the same sheep who yesterday were slagging off the receptionists/nurses for releasing Kate's private information.

I think it was very careless what they did I'm 1 for playing pranks and being a joker but it wouldn't of taken much brains to work out before what they done that their prank could of cost a hard working nurse their job with all the media attention it was going to bring

I think it was very careless what they did I'm 1 for playing pranks and being a joker but it wouldn't of taken much brains to work out before what they done that their prank could of cost a hard working nurse their job with all the media attention it was going to bring

That's pretty much how I see it. They didn't think through that there were a few possible scenarios where the prank could go pear-shaped for someone on the other end. Not that anyone would have seen it going this badly.

People on the internet saying the Aussie DJs should be done for manslaughter, etc. Some people need to get a grip - they only made a phone call. They obviously never intended for this to happen - probably didn't even expect to be taken seriously.

Such a stupid mob mentality when all the sheep just jump on board for a witch-hunt just so they can sit on their sanctimonious high-horse and be outraged. Probably the same sheep who yesterday were slagging off the receptionists for releasing Kate's private information.

But you have to be responsible for your own actions.

It was a cheap shot that went horribly wrong.

I feel a little bit for the DJs, but it was very short sighted on their part, but it's very easy to cast a hard hitting opinion with the huge benefit of hindsight.

Would they have done a similar prank if Kate had been seriously ill? I doubt it. I do agree that the whole affair has turned into one huge accident. But as Rocket-Ron says, they made their decision to call and now should stand by it.

They should resign but I think that that would be enough. They have to live with the consequences of their actions for the rest of their lives, I don't envy them with that.

Sacking as a minimum - certainly worse than what Brand and Ross did.

Trav? Seriously?

I feel a little bit for the DJs, but it was very short sighted on their part, but it's very easy to cast a hard hitting opinion with the huge benefit of hindsight.

Would they have done a similar prank if Kate had been seriously ill? I doubt it. I do agree that the whole affair has turned into one huge accident. But as Rocket-Ron says, they made their decision to call and now should stand by it.

They should resign but I think that that would be enough. They have to live with the consequences of their actions for the rest of their lives, I don't envy them with that.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

It is hard to know what the djs were thinking, from the bit I listened to it seemed like they just wanted to prank the hospital and not actually find out any info, but when they actually believed it was the queen they didn't really know what to do.

Trav? Seriously?

If you use that as a yardstick. Like I said in another post, you don't have to think too hard to realise that as a prank, it could cost someone else their job. Which is just nasty. As it is, it went worse than that.

If you use that as a yardstick. Like I said in another post, you don't have to think too hard to realise that as a prank, it could cost someone else their job. Which is just nasty. As it is, it went worse than that.

Yes, their own lol

I just can't get my head around how the nurses were stupid enough to fall for it.I wouldn't want myself or family/friends in the care of that woman. And then to commit suicide? Cannot understand it.

Tragic situation all round really, but I wouldn't put an blame on the Aussies at all.

I'm sad that you feel that way. Obviously nothing I can say is going to change your mind.

If you listened to the prank call they didn't expect to get through, and there impersonations were awful. It happened that a no doubt tired nurse with English as a second language made a mistake and misjudged the situation. To be honest the hospital should have had a PR person on site to handle media, poor show from them really.

If you listened to the prank call they didn't expect to get through, and there impersonations were awful. It happened that a no doubt tired nurse with English as a second language made a mistake and misjudged the situation. To be honest the hospital should have had a PR person on site to handle media, poor show from them really.

Yes come to think of it anything to do with them should have been redirected to a senior nurse/doctor or whatever. But it was early morning so maybe they had no night shift.

I've just heard the recording, I feel really sorry for the nurse and the family but how couldn't she tell that was a prank? What a sad story :/

Here's the clip for those unaware, http://wyrk.com/auss...staying-audio/

I've just heard the recording, I feel really sorry for the nurse and the family but how couldn't she tell that was a prank? What a sad story :/

Here's the clip for those unaware, http://wyrk.com/auss...staying-audio/

The nurse in that audio wasn't the one that killed herself, there was another audio of the one they first spoke to, who put her through to the nurse, it has probably been removed now, but it was linked earlier in this thread.

1st time ive heard that to be fair the impressions are pretty crap.

The nurse dont sound like English is her 2nd language though does it?

Like someone said a hospital like that should have had a PR to deal wiv the Royals not just going through to a nurse.

Another thing i dont believe the Royal household didnt complain about the event afterwards,even though they deny they did after the nurse killed herself.

Still very tragic cos its not like the initial mistake was a big deal and she let out any secrets of national intelligence.

Now heard the radio station pre-recorded the clip, lawyers reviewed and approved it and then they put it on air. So they had plenty of time to think " oh this is silly and not actually funny"

If those are your criteria for not playing things on commercial radio then you're going to be left with a lot of dead air

Archived