Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

The Yak

Reading threads like this make me lose faith in humanity.

Our fans are ****ing retards.. Plain and simple.

Why do you make me despise you so much?

You shouldn't despise them so much as pity them. I have a growing ignore list. Best way forward. :thumbup:

yeah great player this week, lazy git the next - wake up you deluded idiots

Have seen your shrink lately, I think you may of run out of your pills!!! Now off you go.

Ive always liked yakubu and nobody can question his goal scoring ratio.

He is lazy but thats how he's played all his career, nobody can change him.

Amazing how quickly people change, it wasnt too long along ago threads were started saying 'send him back', 'seasons over, save the money' etc.

I think we have been through this before, the media always often go with the higher figures to sensationalise a story. They will latch on to an amount and it then tends to do the rounds. Like when Savage was on the football league programme saying Yakubu on £80,000 a week, most of it is complete made up horse shit, Savage himself backtracked when challenged.

The amounts being paid to Yakubu varied in many reports, and most of them only stated his wages at Everton. You only have to look at when Rooney signed his new deal at united the figures reported varied by up to £100,000 a week.

Most of these reporters don't have a clue, do you really think they are bothered about the accuracy of the amounts in a story that's going to fill at few paragraphs at most? They aren't going to be making calls to agents and players to find out if it's true or not.

The one source closer to the action more than anyone posted on here that he's getting paid nowhere near the amounts reported in the papers.

All well & good, although it doesn't entirely change my opinion, but what about the rest of my point

What does the Yak offer in excess of Graham, Long & Holt that in all likelihood makes his remuneration at least 2 times and /maybe/ 3 to 4 times as much as their's?

But like I said, we should sign him if the package is right, 20+ goals could see us over the finish line,

but maybe try & tie most of his package into goal/win bonuses & maybe a big fat promotion bonus, that way we won't be saddled with such a big commitment in the form of an ongoing weekly wage, should we not make it.

Sign him up.10 in 19.what bloody more do people want.

Is he lazy or just so clever he is not on the same wavelength,it could also be that people in this league know he is class and draw players to him like DavieG has said making him look lazy and he still gets 10 in 19.

A few years ago we had shit playing for our club,now we have quality,a world renowned manager who attracts players and owners who seem to care and stump up money for wages,signings and loan players.Who believed a few years ago this would happen.....i thought so. Some are never happy.

As regards to Top,i said in another thread ive been to Thailand recently,in Bangkok airport "king Power"duty free is everywhere and the displays for Leicester City are impressive,whilst in Koh Samui the staff ask who do you support Man utd,Chelsea,Liverpool when i said no little Leicester,they could name most of the players,points ,league position and put Leicester v Burnley on Tv for me,now we will never overtake those 3 mentioned,but they are doing a very good PR job for the Thai people to take an interest it is only a good thing.(slightly off topic i know)but im sure many spanners on here dont think they are doing enough until Messi signs!!!

Not being funny but he's been the main starter up front for around 20 games in a team thats best attribute is creating goals....I think we would of seen a similar return from Mark Devries!

Seriously apart from his goal at Derby he hasnt shown anything special....you watch if we bring in Heskey next year he wouldd get a similar return....doesnt make you a good striker if the goals are practically given to you.

I appreciate his goals, but the majority of them Bamba would have scored .

You are smoking some seriously good shit. 033.gif:D

All well & good, although it doesn't entirely change my opinion, but what about the rest of my point

What does the Yak offer in excess of Graham, Long & Holt that in all likelihood makes his remuneration at least 2 times and /maybe/ 3 to 4 times as much as their's?

But like I said, we should sign him if the package is right, 20+ goals could see us over the finish line,

but maybe try & tie most of his package into goal/win bonuses & maybe a big fat promotion bonus, that way we won't be saddled with such a big commitment in the form of an ongoing weekly wage, should we not make it.

I wasn't questioning the rest of your post, that's why I didn't comment. I completely agree and said myself a few pages back the costs need to be right, and the system to enable us to not have to worry about him chasing things down.

I can get down with this idea, offer him £20/25,000 a week with goal bonuses and a promotion bonus. And if he doesn't accept that someone needs to find out if he owns a racehorse.

Some people are hypocrites, its not so long ago that many members of this forum where slagging him off and saying send him back and play the youngsters, now everyone seems to want to jump into bed with the man...

Probably not the people posting in this thread. If you want to make a good point you've got to find evidence...Find me a hypocrite and people will agree with you, if not save your diatribe.

Probably not the people posting in this thread. If you want to make a good point you've got to find evidence...Find me a hypocrite and people will agree with you, if not save your diatribe.

Well a couple of weeks ago this forum was full of abuse for Yakubu, whereas all of a sudden this topic is full of loads of people sounding support, now they've either not posted previosuly and just appeared or are being hypocritical. This is just an observation of mine.

i say sign him scoring 10 goal in half a season is great for us.

i think if we do sign him we need to get a quick striker to partner him, there no point in playing him on his own up front he not fast enought to run on to balls.

Yes, bring back The Yak. Sign him up on a short term contract. I am sure he will bang in the goals.

My view on yak is very mixed.. You can't argue with his goals record... However some of his perfromances have been dreadful... Sheff utd away, the trees (where he was a joke IMO) two examples.. I THINK I'd take a chance on him, play him alongside a pacey striker ( although marlon king is a twat I'd like a yak/king partnership) and only sign him if he accepts a substantial pay cut... If we pay 2 million quid AND 30k a week i think there's better options out there to go for..

My view on yak is very mixed.. You can't argue with his goals record... However some of his perfromances have been dreadful... Sheff utd away, the trees (where he was a joke IMO) two examples.. I THINK I'd take a chance on him, play him alongside a pacey striker ( although marlon king is a twat I'd like a yak/king partnership) and only sign him if he accepts a substantial pay cut... If we pay 2 million quid AND 30k a week i think there's better options out there to go for..

What about his moment of utter genius to perform a bicycle kick whilst on his arse by the corner flag to find King for the goal that won us the game? Nobody I've seen play for us for years would have had the intelligence and skill to think of that, let alone any clue of how to execute it.

What about his moment of utter genius to perform a bicycle kick whilst on his arse by the corner flag to find King for the goal that won us the game? Nobody I've seen play for us for years would have had the intelligence and skill to think of that, let alone any clue of how to execute it.

What, kicking a ball whilst on his arse? Genius....

What, kicking a ball whilst on his arse? Genius....

Okay, ignore the fact it got us a goal out of nothing which lead to a 1-0 win and 3 points. He's shit.

People moan about Steve Howard who wears his heart on his sleeve but rarely scores but they also moan about a striker who doesnt seem to care as much but scores a hat full of goals, some people will never be pleased!

People moan about Steve Howard who wears his heart on his sleeve but rarely scores but they also moan about a striker who doesnt seem to care as much but scores a hat full of goals, some people will never be pleased!

+1000000

I love you. :trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet:

Okay, ignore the fact it got us a goal out of nothing which lead to a 1-0 win and 3 points. He's shit.

mmmmm.. thought I said above that we should sign him? also said I've seen him have some bad games...

what is it that you want me to say? that he's a genius? cos he aint

mmmmm.. thought I said above that we should sign him? also said I've seen him have some bad games...

what is it that you want me to say? that he's a genius? cos he aint

Was just pointing out you said he was rubbish at Sheff U, when his bit of genius created a goal that, without, we wouldn't have won. He contributes goals and assists. The two most important things in football, and he contributed with an assist in that game, but was dreadful. :dunno:

Was just pointing out you said he was rubbish at Sheff U, when his bit of genius created a goal that, without, we wouldn't have won. He contributes goals and assists. The two most important things in football, and he contributed with an assist in that game, but was dreadful. :dunno:

I DONT AGREE IT WAS GENIUS.... is all I'm saying...fooks sake, yes he fell on his arse and hooked the ball back over his head- that was literally all he did. Yes I like him and we should keep him..... there, are you happy now? :frusty:

Archived