Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

The Yak

i dont understand the problem either.

all i did was accuse yakubu for being lazy and saying he has no real impact especially when we are losing. BIG shock am i the only one who thinks this? i agree with what people are saying and that is his goal scoring form is pretty decent.

its a forum and your entitled to your own opinion - and in my own opinion he should show more passion and commitment ( especially for the wages we are apparently paying him ) , people say its not part of his game to chase every loose ball etc but what stops him from doing it? heading isnt exactly part of richie wellens game but it doesnt stop him from jumping.

if i was a professional footballer i would make sure i gave everything on a saturday to justify my weekly wage and most of the time this season i dont think hes done that - shoot me down or whatever but its just my opinion.

Fair enough I get what you're saying but he's played with 'no effort/pashion' throughout his whole career and he is doing nothing different here. This is how he plays. Like it or lump it nobody in the world can change it. He's not showing any less passion or commitment than he has at other clubs and he's just doing his job and scoring. He may not chase back but that's never been part of his game so he's not showing any less passion.

Surely dropping down to championship level and taking a wage cut after this summer playing in the world cup and being part of a club like Everton is showing enough passion and commitment? He could easily have stayed at Everton and picked up his larger wage. He's in double figures with 5 assists and he's been here for 4 months give the guy a break

'everyone gets subbed' i gathered that but why do most players get subbed? theres no way he can be tired so obviously his performances havn't been up to scratch.

'If anyones up to the task, work out the points we'd of got if we had never had the Yak', thats imposible to work out as who knows what team sven would have put out.

like i said in my previous post's 10 goals in 20 games is decent, but isnt worth 40-50k a week, especially for the non existant effort, commitment and passion he shows.

Compare the investment in Yak to that of Chelsea for Torres. Yes I know they are i the premier league, but you are trying to argue that if we were paying Yak $40-50k that is not a good investment for a 1 in every 2games compared to one of the worlds great strikers who has scored 1 in 10 for Chelsea. I guy that cost them $50mil for and $250k a week.

Yak is there to score goals and that is it, just like Torres is. I would prefer Yak to score at his rate and not tackle defeners or mid fielders to make us feel like he is super athlete. If he did all that and score 1 in every 2 games he is worth $100mil and wouldn't drive past Leicester let alone play for it.

Yakubu wasn't brought in to 'Waghorn' his way around the pitch. He was brought here to score goals, and he has done exactly that. Anyone who can't see what value he has brought to the team is a ridiculous twat.

Can someone please tell me how you measure passion, I'd like to know so that it helps me understand who has it.

Waghorn - runs about = Passion

Yakubu - doesn't run about = No Passion

King generally plods about the pitch without looking like he's putting in a huge effort, does that mean he has no passion?

Im confused.

Yaks agent is Barry Silkman, & he is big mates with Gold at West Ham & has this week become involved with the club at some level. I'm a bit vaige on his position but IMO it's very possible under these circumstances that Yakubu will be there next season & not with us.

Everton boss David Moyes will let Yakubu go this summer – but wants a £2million fee for the Nigeria forward.

Yakubu, 28, has been banging in the goals for LEICESTER on loan but will not be staying on and is attracting plenty of interest abroad.

Everton are sticking to their demand for a decent fee for the former Portsmouth and Middlesbrough man as they look to claw back some cash for signings of their own ahead of next season.

£ 2 million

I'd say that was decent. considering we pay that for Waghorn.

"he is big mates with Gold at West Ham & has this week become involved with the club at some level. I'm a bit vaige on his position but IMO it's very possible under these circumstances that Yakubu will be there next season"

As it's likely West Ham will be relegated, I'd say no chance. Gold and Sullivan have admitted the club will be in severe financial trouble if that's the case. Their commitment to the Olympic Stadium would also come into doubt.

I'm loathe to post on this subject as it's such a none starter and I am so far above you all (as you all know) that I really don't know if I should be treating you to more of my words of wisdom at this time in the morning. You are to me as the ants are to you. However, I'm feeling generous so I will awaken from my slumber and pull you all up by the scruffs of the neck, kicking ans screaming into the light. Anyone, ANYONE slagging off the Yak is an absolute monkeytrouser! Best striker we have had at the club in ten years and you sit there on your (presumably skinny) arses and slag him off for not running about like a flailing frackenburger!

Snippet from a my new opera entitled "One ignorant fan to another" - "Look at 'im. He's absoluteleh lazeh and fat and he aint the same colour as me! I seh send im back and put Waggeh on with some unknown goonball from the reserves to start next season. I don't know anehthen aboiut im but I heard he runs around alot. I like to see people run. Oh, the supple, sinewy mass of muscle of a young man running around but not really going anywhere....".

You are Oddjobs. Please just support our team and our players and realise that we are lucky to have a player of Yak's quality at the club.

That is all.

Rumble.

X

So, do we really want the Yak in our Leicester team? It seems the only thing he is any good at is scoring goals. Now that in itself is not exactly a crime but to score every other game is a bit much and is not very fair on those fans who just want to see him run around the field.

Personally, I think he should be dropped for those matches when he is not going to score – and to be fair, the same should go for Paul Gallagher, Andy King, Ritchie Wellens, Darius Vassell, Chris Weale, etc, if they are not going to score that day, they shouldn’t be in the team.

I seem to remember that, years ago, one Arthur Rowley rarely ventured from the same couple of square yards that any self-respecting inside-left would expect to occupy. The ball would eventually come his way and with his left foot, (his right foot really was the laziest foot on the pitch and he never headed the ball in case it disturbed his hairstyle), and what did he do with his left foot, he kicked the ball into the net so they all had to kick off again. And he kept doing it, selfish and lazy - a bit like the yak?

Yesterday, I along with other armchair fans was obliged to listen to the Donny commentary on Foxes Player, because Perform didn’t perform. During the first half, the commentator revealed that he was an Everton fan. As such, he had seen the yak play many times for the toffee men, but he had never seen him play with such poise and skill as he produced yesterday. He said that he couldn’t understand why the yak had been allowed to leave Goodison and he wished he was back in their team. Now, I’m sure that there are lots of disgruntled fans that would agree with him!

And as for what he gets paid, I wouldn’t pay him with brass buttons! Because.....well it’s not real money is it?

£2m and we should be biting Everton's hands off simply for the goals he scores.

All this talk about laziness is true BUT we've been moaning and moaning for some time now about needing a striker who can score goals and that's exactly what Yak has done. Seriously, some people just can't win.

He's scored 6 goals in his last 7 games which has boosted his figures somewhat. After the Portsmouth game, where he'd gone 6 games without scoring, his goals to games ratio was 1 in 4.

If we sign him and he scores 20 goals next season then great, I'll admit I was wrong, but for the wages he'd want I'd rather we went elsewhere.

He's scored 6 goals in his last 7 games which has boosted his figures somewhat. After the Portsmouth game, where he'd gone 6 games without scoring, his goals to games ratio was 1 in 4.

Most strikers score in spells though, Fryatt was idolised by the many of the same people who critisise Yakubu. He was the same though he'd score in spells and score 2's or 3's. Then he'd have 8, 9, 10 quiet games. For Hull he's got 9 goals. Made up of one hatrick, one brace, and two or three pennos, so he's not exactly scored in that many games. Yet people like stringer bang on about him still yet slag yakubu off something rotten.

If we can fit him into a system where by his lack of running about doesn't cause too many problems, and his costs aren't too great then we would be mad not to have him.

Yeah, good one. You're a 'better fan' than anyone else who can't afford / attend as many games as you.

I work on Saturdays (the majority are all day shifts, 12 hours or so), so, oddly enough, the radio is the best source for me to catch up on live goings on. I try to make as many games as I can, clearly that's not a good enough effort though, and I'm inferior to you. I bow down.

they should play all games on a sunday, then we can all go to every game :scarf::appl::chant: might need bigger stadiums though .

Most strikers score in spells though, Fryatt was idolised by the many of the same people who critisise Yakubu. He was the same though he'd score in spells and score 2's or 3's. Then he'd have 8, 9, 10 quiet games. For Hull he's got 9 goals. Made up of one hatrick, one brace, and two or three pennos, so he's not exactly scored in that many games. Yet people like stringer bang on about him still yet slag yakubu off something rotten.

If we can fit him into a system where by his lack of running about doesn't cause too many problems, and his costs aren't too great then we would be mad not to have him.

waghorn 2010/11 season starts 28 sub 16 goals 12

fryatt 2010/11 season starts 29 sub 4 goals 12

The people who criticised Fryatt are quite often the people who are telling us that anyone who criticises Yakubu is a moron, even though they had similar scoring records and Fryatt was on a fraction of the money and had years on his side.

And that's the last time I'll mention Fryatt. He's gone now and I've accepted that.

Not sure of your point but Waghorn is nearer 1 in 4 that he is 1 in 3 anyway.

And Fryatts were all scored near the start of the season. He went on a huge run of games before his in jury with something like 1 goal in 12 games. Hence my point about strikers scoring in runs.

Have you got the stats for last season or the one before?

People saying "there's no way you know how much he is on" are missing the point, of course no one here personally knows how much he is on, but people in the game do & the overwhelming chatter from people in the media who have agents & players as close contacts is the the Yak is on a fortune, there is even plenty of noise that we had to increase his Everton wages to encourage him to step down, although I don't know if we'd go that far

With that in mind can a Yak fan tell me what he offers over & above other championship top scorers like Graham, Long & Holt etc

I think we should sign him, every team can carry one player who doesn't put the 'work' in & it may as well be someone who scores us 20+ league goals next year, my only reservation is that if things don't pan out for us next season we'll be well on the road to where were for most of the time we've been out the Prem, underperforming players on far too much money who we can't get rid of

When PVA scored his rocket shot the Yak had lured 3 players out to the left touch line to allow PVA a clear run and shot at the goal.

He does move across the pitch regularly and I've heard him criticised for not being the penalty area, what he doesn't do much is chase back, but by staying up front he occupies a couple of defenders. Is this bad? I guess it depends on the style of play you adopt and I suspect he's been told by Sven as part of his overall tactics to do so. Just a thought.

Whether we should sign him or can afford him I've given up thinking about because worrying about the longevity of LCFC is a pointless and depressing activity.

People saying "there's no way you know how much he is on" are missing the point, of course no one here personally knows how much he is on, but people in the game do & the overwhelming chatter from people in the media who have agents & players as close contacts is the the Yak is on a fortune, there is even plenty of noise that we had to increase his Everton wages to encourage him to step down, although I don't know if we'd go that far

I think we have been through this before, the media always often go with the higher figures to sensationalise a story. They will latch on to an amount and it then tends to do the rounds. Like when Savage was on the football league programme saying Yakubu on £80,000 a week, most of it is complete made up horse shit, Savage himself backtracked when challenged.

The amounts being paid to Yakubu varied in many reports, and most of them only stated his wages at Everton. You only have to look at when Rooney signed his new deal at united the figures reported varied by up to £100,000 a week.

Most of these reporters don't have a clue, do you really think they are bothered about the accuracy of the amounts in a story that's going to fill at few paragraphs at most? They aren't going to be making calls to agents and players to find out if it's true or not.

The one source closer to the action more than anyone posted on here that he's getting paid nowhere near the amounts reported in the papers.

Archived