Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It works both ways. Two work colleagues are huge rugby fans, one of them used to be on tigers books in his younger years. They both have a real hatred for City and love nothing more than seeing us fail. Slagging us off before a ball is kicked. "They'll lose this week" "Nugents Shiite"

You work with Tuna and Lcfcsnow?

I don't follow rugby, though I want Tigers to do well.

I don't follow cricket, but I want Leicestershire to do well.

I don't follow boxing, but I want Rendal to do well.

I don't overly follow music, but I want Kasabian to do well, though Mark Morrison can fvck off.

All in all, I'm just talking shite, though want local teams/talent to succeed.

• Like 3

Good on ya..I used to also love going to the Leicester lions..Ray Wilson, with manager papa WilsonJohn Boulger, G.Major, Storer,Anders Michanek, Graham Plant, Dewayne Keeter,Tom Leadbitter( motorcross champion in his own right),

John Hart,Cowland, Malcolm Brown. They road in those days at a stadium tipped by many to be shared with Leicester City,

new complex,...Parker Drive - Somerset Avenue, opposite one of the 3 Bentley Engineering factories, the famous one obviously

Near filbert street, home of my apprenticeship.

Don't forget Olly Olsen.

I hate rugby.

Rugby.

A game played by young males that can't play football. FACT. As proved by the study in 2003 by Baines and Lloyd - Sheffield Hallam University.

Rugby.

A waste of a good football pitch.

Rugby.

87% of people attending rugby matches said they would vote conservative. Survey by Opta. 2012

38% of people attending football matches said they would vote conservative. Survey by Sky 2011.

Conclusion??

Rugby- played by posh twats who can't play football.

• Like 3

It's the Tigers fans who then go and support Man U that do my head in. At least be consistent and support Sale Sharks

Ha ha. I saw someone I know who goes down the tigers in my local once. He was stood there with a man u scarf on and on it a tigers badge. I asked him why he supported tigers, his proud reply was 'because they're my hometown team'. So I then asked why the **** does he support united then.

Rugby.

A game played by young males that can't play football. FACT. As proved by the study in 2003 by Baines and Lloyd - Sheffield Hallam University.

Rugby.

Rugby.

87% of people attending rugby matches said they would vote conservative. Survey by Opta. 2012

38% of people attending football matches said they would vote conservative. Survey by Sky 2011.

Conclusion??

Rugby- played by posh twats who can't play football.

I might be an exception.

Played football for years 1st team and top scorer for a few years,then played Rugby,I used to run 100m for the county and cross country and weighed in at 17st of what was then muscle,I took some stopping,ended up getting paid ( beer money) didn't enjoy it as much and the travelling was a pain.However I have never seen a live Rugby Union match in my life and wouldn't care if I didn't.League,yes.If you offered me a ticket to Tigers or to see Peterborough v MK Dons I would choose the football every time.

We didn't have 1 posh twvt in our team,mainly thugs and at least 5 of us played football 1st team.Granted not as good a standard.

We did have a posh Twvt,he supported Peterborough.

Edited by cambridgefox

I might be an exception.

Played football for years 1st team and top scorer for a few years,then played Rugby,I used to run 100m for the county and cross country and weighed in at 17st of what was then muscle,I took some stopping,ended up getting paid ( beer money) didn't enjoy it as much and the travelling was a pain.However I have never seen a live Rugby Union match in my life and wouldn't care if I didn't.League,yes.If you offered me a ticket to Tigers or to see Peterborough v MK Dons I would choose the football every time.

We didn't have 1 posh twvt in our team,mainly thugs and at least 5 of us played football 1st team.Granted not as good a standard.

We did have a posh Twvt,he supported Peterborough.

I wouldn't worry, he's just jealous of real men who's parents didn't take them to ballet classes when they were younger ;)

The thing about Rugby I hate the most is when people say (and it happens a lot) "they are real men unlike footballers".

Although I did spend 80 mins pretending I wasn't hurt and 90 mins pretending I was!

I picked up most of my injuries playing cricket!

Edited by cambridgefox

The thing about Rugby I hate the most is when people say (and it happens a lot) "they are real men unlike footballers". 

The thing about Football I hate the most is when people say (and it happens a lot) "they only play Rugby because they can't play football". 

YAWN

Ha ha. I saw someone I know who goes down the tigers in my local once. He was stood there with a man u scarf on and on it a tigers badge. I asked him why he supported tigers, his proud reply was 'because they're my hometown team'. So I then asked why the **** does he support united then.

I've got a mate from Birmingham and he's a Villa fan. He's also a Tigers fan (not allowed) and he posts pictures of his baby (born in Leicester) in bloody Tigers and Villa babygrows. Should get social services to intervene

Rugby.

Rugby.

Rugby.

Conclusion??

62% of football fans have odd political views or none at all.

• Like 1

The thing about Football I hate the most is when people say (and it happens a lot) "they only play Rugby because they can't play football". 

YAWN

I never said that, I was never agreeing with that, I just commented about the real men thing because I hear it a lot. Wasn't knocking Rugby or putting it down or anything like that.

Although I did spend 80 mins pretending I wasn't hurt and 90 mins pretending I was!

I picked up most of my injuries playing cricket!

I'd not thought about this until you said that .... I played football for 30 seasons and picked up more, and worse, injuries in 3 seasons of cricket!!!!

With the exception of South Wales, rugby union is the sole preserve of uber-privileged public schoolboys.

I actually used to go to the rugby a lot, around five or six seasons back. I enjoyed because I used to go with a mate and get wasted. Being trollied aside, my enduring memory is how painfully middle class it all is. A load of obese solicitors with bellies full of Guinness shouting "heave" is not my idea of fun.

Most irritating of all is how 90% of rugby fans look down on football. It's actually a social class thing as much as anything.

• Like 1

With the exception of South Wales, rugby union is the sole preserve of uber-privileged public schoolboys.

I actually used to go to the rugby a lot, around five or six seasons back. I enjoyed because I used to go with a mate and get wasted. Being trollied aside, my enduring memory is how painfully middle class it all is. A load of obese solicitors with bellies full of Guinness shouting "heave" is not my idea of fun.

Most irritating of all is how 90% of rugby fans look down on football. It's actually a social class thing as much as anything.

Old Rugby fans are the worst. Playing for a Rugby club is one of the best things in life for me. Trumps any time I've ever spent playing for a football team. To be honest I enjoy playing Rugby more than I do Football but enjoy watching Football more than I do Rugby.

Rugby fans look down on football fans as much as football fans take the piss out of rugby fans for being posh twats. Both are as bad as each other.

EDIT: Also the line in bold is a load of shit. The fans that go to watch it might and obviously it's the top sport in public schools but a massive majority of amateur Rugby clubs are working class. You think the overweight, 45 year old props trudging around a muddy pitch at 11am on a Saturday morning in January are over-privaledged schoolboys? lol

Edited by Haydos

You might hate it, but its true.

It doesn't even mean anything though, it's one of the worst insults I've heard.

Why do you think there's so many footballers? It's because they're too shit to play Rugby.

It just doesn't mean anything and it's not true, it's just idiots insulting a sport (who even insults a sport anyway?).

• Like 1

I was watching the British Super Bikes in my local and some old twat is going to me "that lad broke his leg 2 weeks ago and hes still riding, you wouldn't catch your nancy footballers doing that!" I Said they prob would play but it wouldn't be much of a spectacle watching a load of blokes on crutches wander about! Tw@t!

Edited by FrankieWorthoYaggedMyWife

I was watching the British Super Bikes in my local and some old twat is going to me "that lad broke his leg 2 weeks ago and hes still riding, you wouldn't catch your nancy footballers doing that!" I Said they prob would play but it wouldn't be much of a spectacle watching a load of blokes on crutches wander about! Tw@t!

Bert Trautmann. :ph34r: