Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Really? I thought they got in the highest attendances in the league and filled it out most times?

Definitely agree with you on the City having mostly footy fans and the county rugby fans, would agree with the demographics.

They do get biggest attendances but there's usually a few thousand spare seats except for the big games

The comment about us not selling out in the Championship made me laugh. Have they forgotten how many used to rattle around in their dump when they were in the second tier?

Oh yes, their promotion season saw an average of 16k. We were relegated with an average of 23k. Their lowest crowd was 11k and our lowest was 19k. They even managed a crowd of 15k for a match in April in the midst of a promotion race.

Yeah, we didn't sell out in the Championship, we know that, still had far more than them whatever position we were in.

You must be joking.

The Tigers are perennial English title challengers, European cup winners - and get the same attendances we got in league 1.

It's by far and away a football city.

Yes, my bad!! Should've been 21,000 - not 12,000....

In fact, just had a look at what it actually is (my 21,000 was an estimate) - and it was 22,850 last season.

Like I said, we're massive...

Lets remember it only holds 24,000. And that away fans travel in their hundreds as oppose to their thousands when it comes to Rugby Union, ignoring the fact that the statement about league one is just factually incorrect if you actually head counted the number of home fans attending games I'd wager they probably out did is in the Championship as well bar possibly the promotion season. 

Rugby is very much a less followed sport than football and Premeir League Rugby is never going to match Premeir League football, in any town. The Tigers have the best support in England by some distance when it comes to Rugby Union so it's little surprise some people view the city as a Rugby orientated. 

• Like 2

I understand people don't like the drum, fair enough. I always forget we are such a cool club, trendsetters in Football matters. Some harsh stuff said about Jobber though.

There is still place for the drum though. Cue stupid remarks about Scottish football but if anyone has been to Celtic, the drum is fcuking spot on there.

No players in Garth Brooks totw. The guy is thick but some of our players have been amazing. If Mahrez scored a hattrick against Arsenal in the same week Hazard got one assist - I bet I know who he would choose.

King or Hammond should have been in v Chelsea and Morgan should have been in v Arsenal

Considering he's an ex Gunner I'm surprised Charlie Nicholas doesn't have a more enlightened view of our side. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9453572/summer-transfer-window-2014-end-of-term-report

On Leicester:

CHARLIE’S VIEW: “They have got decent strength and pace at the back, but I do not think they have built a big enough squad. They have brought in some youngsters which is fine, but sometimes inexperience cannot get you out of that hole. Cambiasso will be good if he can get on the ball often enough, but I think in a lot of these games he will not get anywhere close enough to calm things down. They face an almighty fight to survive.”

Edited by GingerrrFox

On QPR:

“You always knew Harry would be sitting in the little melting pot on deadline day, thinking, ‘I am going to take this to the wire again’. I like Sandro; you know he is there, and I think he has added a bit of steel and energy into their midfield which I do not think they had. I do think out of the three that came up QPR have the best chance of staying up.”

No players in Garth Brooks totw. The guy is thick but some of our players have been amazing. If Mahrez scored a hattrick against Arsenal in the same week Hazard got one assist - I bet I know who he would choose.

I decided to stop reading even for comical value when he picked a 3-4-3 and then had two strikers in the midfield 4 too and all 3 at the back were full backs. Man is a helmet.

In fairness, what does a country and western singer know about English football?

On QPR:

“You always knew Harry would be sitting in the little melting pot on deadline day, thinking, ‘I am going to take this to the wire again’. I like Sandro; you know he is there, and I think he has added a bit of steel and energy into their midfield which I do not think they had. I do think out of the three that came up QPR have the best chance of staying up.”[/size]

They struggled with goals last season and they haven't rectified that. Add to that a defence which now looks leaky and the pundits are talking out of their backsides. I would fancy burnley to finish above them.

• Like 1

They struggled with goals last season and they haven't rectified that. Add to that a defence which now looks leaky and the pundits are talking out of their backsides. I would fancy burnley to finish above them.

QPR's midfield looked really good on Saturday. I think that will give them a chance of staying up, particularly having brought Sandro in.

Austin didn't look up to it to me, but he took his goal excellently and I suppose they won't care if he offers the square root of feck all if he scores 10 goals doing so.

Considering he's an ex Gunner I'm surprised Charlie Nicholas doesn't have a more enlightened view of our side. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/9453572/summer-transfer-window-2014-end-of-term-report

On Leicester:

CHARLIE’S VIEW: “They have got decent strength and pace at the back, but I do not think they have built a big enough squad. They have brought in some youngsters which is fine, but sometimes inexperience cannot get you out of that hole. Cambiasso will be good if he can get on the ball often enough, but I think in a lot of these games he will not get anywhere close enough to calm things down. They face an almighty fight to survive.”

On QPR:

“You always knew Harry would be sitting in the little melting pot on deadline day, thinking, ‘I am going to take this to the wire again’. I like Sandro; you know he is there, and I think he has added a bit of steel and energy into their midfield which I do not think they had. I do think out of the three that came up QPR have the best chance of staying up.”

Wow. It sounded stupid before the season started but he sounds like he's got brain damage if he's still saying these things now.

Again it's a case of not really knowing enough about our squad/last seasons performances and just seeing Redknapp, Sandro, Kranjcar and assuming because they are well known then jobs a good one and they will stay up, Before the season started every pundit did the same some now e.g. Le tissier have changed their opinion somewhat. I don't mind being overlooked, keeps us under the radar and lets us get on with business but it does make you wonder what some of these pundits get paid to do!