Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

It doesn't even mean anything though, it's one of the worst insults I've heard.

Why do you think there's so many footballers? It's because they're too shit to play Rugby.

It just doesn't mean anything and it's not true, it's just idiots insulting a sport (who even insults a sport anyway?).

That's a well reasoned argument but it doesn't change the fact that the original premiss is true.

I am not purposefully trying to insult another sport. I actually enjoy many sports, I've always enjoyed cricket for example.

I was simply highlighting the proven fact that the majority of people playing Rugby do so because they were rubbish at football when younger.

It's not their fault, people shouldn't mock them because of their lack of footballing prowess.

Oh yeah, and its a waste of a football pitch.

That's a well reasoned argument but it doesn't change the fact that the original premiss is true.

I am not purposefully trying to insult another sport. I actually enjoy many sports, I've always enjoyed cricket for example.

I was simply highlighting the proven fact that the majority of people playing Rugby do so because they were rubbish at football when younger.

It's not their fault, people shouldn't mock them because of their lack of footballing prowess.

Is it a proven fact or just a massive, sweeping generalisation?

The good thing about rugby is that all types of blokes can play it - tall fat ones, short fat ones, quick ones, and the odd skilful one.

Your theory could apply to some fly halves, who tend to be decent footballers. But most prop forwards probably couldn't give a shit about the game.

Edited by Far Post Gerry
  • Like 2

Think I'll give it to the misses the "West Ham way" tonight. In my mind, stylish and with flair, like the days of old. In actuality, hoofing it from the back and ultimately disappointing, with the finishing prowess of Carlton Cole.

lol fantastic!!

The good thing about rugby is that all types of blokes can play it - tall fat ones, short fat ones, quick ones, and the odd skilful one.

Your theory could apply to some fly halves, who tend to be decent footballers. But most prop forwards probably couldn't give a shit about the game.

I couldn't play Rugby! I'd probably die

Nearly every back I've ever played with is a decent footballer. I think you're discounting over half the Rugby playing population.

I walked into my schools football team when I started training despite never really playing competititvely before. I played regularly during a full season at Blaby & Whetstone when I was younger having played rugby the same morning.

I know plenty of people who have done the same. Kicking a ball around is easy, that's why it's the most played game in the world. Any chump can play ;)

Oh yeah I could just see the likes of Mahrez mixing it in the scrum. lol  lol

The thing about Football I hate the most is when people say (and it happens a lot) "they only play Rugby because they can't play football".

YAWN

When I first this I thought it said YNWA. After realising you wrote YAWN, I then realised that YAWN is an acronym for YNWA, which made me do an inward smile as its how I feel when I see Liverpool fans sign off YNWA.

.... so I did save the thread then?

When I first this I thought it said YNWA. After realising you wrote YAWN, I then realised that YAWN is an acronym for YNWA, which made me do an inward smile as its how I feel when I see Liverpool fans sign off YNWA.

.... so I did save the thread then?

YNWA :yawn:

So your a good footballer, with buckets full of prowess.

Another thing with the football fans they over exaggerate their sports necessary skills.

oh and rugby fans over exaggerate their knowledge of human nature.

Top players from both sports tend to appreciate their counterparts discipline and skills needed.

Just proves sports fans are arrogant, unknowledgeable self opinionated brats that never grow up, and cant say a good word

about anybody.Thats why they are fans and not players, failing at reaching their dreams, then love to play critic.

Yawn..

Wow. We've gone from talking about what the others think about us, to which sport is the worst of Leicester's sports. Really fellas?

I know it's international break and all, but can we take this somewhere else? 

I, for one, am glad that Leicester has an excellent sports culture. Whatever happened to hoping the local teams did well?

Wow. We've gone from talking about what the others think about us, to which sport is the worst of Leicester's sports. Really fellas?

I know it's international break and all, but can we take this somewhere else? 

I, for one, am glad that Leicester has an excellent sports culture. Whatever happened to hoping the local teams did 

Lost all hope on our cricket. :(