Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Not one of them can play darts or snooker after 5-6 pints, but just go to any social club and you will find real men,

double topping, and snookering all comers after 10 pints, then go on the next day and play sunday league football, or

Rugby for Syston, forgetting they have dart feathers in one pocket and a 'how did this get there' red ball in the other.

Just having time to have a round of golf before late tea with the family.

STFU and move to a different thread. Go to general sport forum.

Mods ban people for stupid stuff and then let a long standing thread like this get taken over by some eejits poor banter!

Chill buddy, normal service will be resumed after the internationals.

Not one of them can play darts or snooker after 5-6 pints, but just go to any social club and you will find real men,

double topping, and snookering all comers after 10 pints, then go on the next day and play sunday league football, or

Rugby for Syston, forgetting they have dart feathers in one pocket and a 'how did this get there' red ball in the other.

Just having time to have a round of golf before late tea with the family.

i used to work in a bar years ago and loved the darts night and following supper that was usually mushy peas or beans with loads of gravy mash and faggots. The darts players would say they had a tipping point,  they would get to about 5 or 6 pints and they would be playing excellent darts, their eye would be in with everything smooth. if they drank past that peak point though it would become a mess, not quite bodies everywhere but they'd start missing their doubles and trebles before just missing their numbers.  

Yes a good write up. But no mention of Chris Wood as back up striker. After all Wood has scored and Nugent hasn't so far.

I think it was a review of our transfer dealings, the players we already had will only get a passing mention.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/234507/foxestalk

Stoke fans. Don't seem too bad, I'd expect them to expect to beat us, so no surprises there. Bit of ignorance thrown in as usual.

Like most forums some are level headed and others more ignorant but they are playing against a promoted team and they did do well last season with a very solid home record but seems most are going that usual route of "Never heard of half their players = must be a terrible team"

I did laugh a little at one post that said we wouldn't be able to cope with their wide players when we've managed against the likes of Sanchez, Pienaar and Hazard (for 65 minutes).

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all renege on our enormous debts built up by engaging in a building project that we can't afford by simply going into administration and then buying the league?

Leicester City Debt Cheaters. It's a stigma they'll be stuck with for the next hundred years. It'll also make it very fun when their mental owner renames them 'Fosse Foxes'.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/234507/foxestalk#ixzz3CdYdf7t6

I know you have to be a complete window licker to support stoke, but really?

Like most forums some are level headed and others more ignorant but they are playing against a promoted team and they did do well last season with a very solid home record but seems most are going that usual route of "Never heard of half their players = must be a terrible team"

I did laugh a little at one post that said we wouldn't be able to cope with their wide players when we've managed against the likes of Sanchez, Pienaar and Hazard (for 65 minutes).

I should preface the rest of this post by saying that I think we'd do well to get a draw on Saturday. Stoke away is, on paper, probably one of our hardest 10-15 games this season. But some of the stuff in there is just...well words can't describe it. The below exchange is absolutely flabberghasting:

56 minutes ago eddy said:

They genuinely think their squad is really strong. Cripes they are easily impressed.

This.

I haven't heard of most of those players.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/234507/foxestalk?ixzz3CdYdf7t6=undefined&page=2#ixzz3Cdc2ILXk

So we must be shit then.

Somebody else asks the question about whether they were as arrogant/confident when they got promoted. Well, probably not, because they got promoted with 79 points and by the skin of their teeth and we got promoted with 102 and were promoted in the first week of April. Of course we're confident, we didn't just get promoted, we absolutely shafted the competition and have held our own against 3 far better sides than Stoke already this season.

Stoke should be confident of beating us at home - of course they should - they're now an established Premier League team who have finally shaken off the hoofball and are playing some really enterprising stuff - their win at Villa Park last season was great to watch.

But you'd have thought that they'd have long enough memories to realise that the fact that nobody's heard of any of your players doesn't make you a poor side and that perhaps we might have reason for optimism this season. 

As an aside, any attempt at an objective assessment of the strength of the sides in the Premier League at this stage in the season (for example Statto.com's index and the Fink Tank) have us pretty much on a par with Stoke (Statto's index has us forecast to 2 places behind them).

Edited by ttfn