Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

What does it matter who gets bigger attendances between us and tigers?

It's great that as a city that we've got 2 successful teams at their respected sports.

Totally agree, some people have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the tigers unfortunately. 

I don't mind people saying negative things about the club, but most of the time it's through ignorance rather then informed opinion. It's a case of "I don't recognise most of those players, so they can't be that good".

Precisely this. I can take constructive criticism of LCFC with ease but the reality of it is people weren't being constructive, they were being ignorant. Look how many are backtracking on their tips for us to go down already. Le Tissier says it all for me.

Totally agree, some people have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to the tigers unfortunately.

True, but it goes both ways, tigers fans (not all) used to cheer when we lost and alot don't like the fact that we hog the back pages of the Mercury and take priority on Radio Leicester. The reason being that support for Leicester in the city and county is huge compared to the tigers. A city news story on the back page of the Mercury shows big sale spikes, the tigers doesn't. There are large numbers who consider themselves City fans though they never attend games yet follow religiously on the radio and paper.

It is great for the city and county though to have 3 first class sports teams and people of Leicestershire should get behind them all.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

True, but it goes both ways, tigers fans (not all) used to cheer when we lost and alot don't like the fact that we hog the back pages of the Mercury and take priority on Radio Leicester. The reason being that support for Leicester in the city and county is huge compared to the tigers. A city news story on the back page of the Mercury shows big sale spikes, the tigers doesn't. There are large numbers who consider themselves City fans though they never attend games yet follow religiously on the radio and paper.

It is great for the city and county though to have 3 first class sports teams and people of Leicestershire should get behind them all.

You're not including LCCC in that are you? :thumbup:

Personally I find it hard to dislike anything I'm not interested in. Rugby in particular leaves me cold. It's just a game for people who are to big to play football. But horses for courses and all that. I don't see how our home attendance is in any way affected by their existence , it's not very often they play on the same day and they are a different sort of people who for the most part could not care less about football.

Now if we did have another football team in Leicester I'm sure that would make a big difference, like Sheffield , Nottingham , Liverpool , Manchester etc . Imagine if they were a one team city ? 

I don't see how our home attendance is in any way affected by their existence , it's not very often they play on the same day and they are a different sort of people who for the most part could not care less about football.

Because if they didn't have a rugby club, they might have got into another spectator sport.

There are plenty of people who follow both sports also, such as myself. But football is the one I was invested in from a young age being brought down by my parents. If I'd been taken to both then rather than just following from afar, I might go down more often than the odd game here and there.

Not many people can afford to watch both, I used to go to the odd tigers game when they were "amateurs" but since they've gone professional and their prices have moved up on a par with the footy they're now out of reach.

Not many people can afford to watch both, I used to go to the odd tigers game when they were "amateurs" but since they've gone professional and their prices have moved up on a par with the footy they're now out of reach.

The great thing about the tigers is that there always on sky so you can be a season ticket holder at the city and follow the Tigers. Most people i Know in Leicester support both.

Thats why we have a unique sports statue in the city center ( or has it been removed ?? )

I support all our sports, Cricket has been suffering of late. I played both football and Rugby, played Rugby at an high level.

In my experience, I found many Rugby players and supporters followed the foxes, there was always that friendly banter between the 2 factions, and now with social media negative remarks can be taken out of concept or taken too serious.

Footballerswill always be deemed as prims donnas and mouthy, Rugby players as neanderthal snobs, cricketers prance around, calling the other 2 yobs and pub wreckers....... For the fans that only follow 1 sport, this will always stay true, the others will keep the banter theme based.

To all ,whatever your take, just enjoy the sport you do, but respect others who follow and take up other disciplines, because just like life, we all have different strengths and skills, and need understanding in our weaknesses...but please keep up the banter, cos its still very funny to see new and ancient, amusing , stupid, over the top

remarks.

Edited by fuchsntf

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15197/9455592/premier-league-201415-ed-chamberlin-picks-five-stars-of-the-season-so-far?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Leicester

1. Leonardo Ulloa

Ulloa_3190957.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Leicester on Super Sunday. What an excellent addition to the Premier League they are. A football club that is going places. How healthy as well to see 10 of the starting 11 against Arsenal had played for Leicester in the Championship. The one new face was the player to get the Sky pundits raving.

Ulloa won the Man of the Match award from Alan Smith and impressed Neil Lennon and Jamie Redknapp in the studio. For 75 minutes he was absolutely outstanding. After only a short time at the club, Leicester's £8 million signing summed up the team's work ethic and hunger. Ulloa was everywhere and a real goal-scoring threat to boot.

At the other end Wes Morgan is the rock that the team seems to revolve around. With the dearth of top-class centre-halves around, it's always surprising that the big clubs don't come calling. Likewise Ashley Williams at Swansea. Two big characters and leaders at their respective clubs. Leicester have done well to pick up two points from three tough opening fixtures. They are now in good shape to kick on. No side will find it easy at the King Power Stadium this season.

Thats why we have a unique sports statue in the city center ( or has it been removed ?? )

I support all our sports, Cricket has been suffering of late. I played both football and Rugby, played Rugby at an high level.

In my experience, I found many Rugby players and supporters followed the foxes, there was always that friendly banter between the 2 factions, and now with social media negative remarks can be taken out of concept or taken too serious.

Footballerswill always be deemed as prims donnas and mouthy, Rugby players as neanderthal snobs, cricketers prance around, calling the other 2 yobs and pub wreckers....... For the fans that only follow 1 sport, this will always stay true, the others will keep the banter theme based.

To all ,whatever your take, just enjoy the sport you do, but respect others who follow and take up other disciplines, because just like life, we all have different strengths and skills, and need understanding in our weaknesses...but please keep up the banter, cos its still very funny to see new and ancient, amusing , stupid, over the top

remarks.

Support Leicester in everything and am thinking of going to see the Lions in the speedway too at one point

Support Leicester in everything and am thinking of going to see the Lions in the speedway too at one point

Good on ya..I used to also love going to the Leicester lions..Ray Wilson, with manager papa WilsonJohn Boulger, G.Major, Storer,Anders Michanek, Graham Plant, Dewayne Keeter,Tom Leadbitter( motorcross champion in his own right),

John Hart,Cowland, Malcolm Brown. They road in those days at a stadium tipped by many to be shared with Leicester City,

new complex,...Parker Drive - Somerset Avenue, opposite one of the 3 Bentley Engineering factories, the famous one obviously

Near filbert street, home of my apprenticeship.

Too true, I love 'em both.

Some posters have shown there envy of Tigers over the past few years, which is pathetic.

It works both ways. Two work colleagues are huge rugby fans, one of them used to be on tigers books in his younger years. They both have a real hatred for City and love nothing more than seeing us fail. Slagging us off before a ball is kicked. "They'll lose this week" "Nugents Shiite"