Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I noticed that Richard Keys was trying to stir things in Sport 360 yesterday by claiming he'd 'heard' about 'unrest' in the training camp. It's almost as if there's concerted media conspiracy to completely undermine Ranieri.

Let's hope we push on from yesterday and make these pundits look like cretins.

I hate Sunderland. I can't wait for the day that they finally get relegated back to their level.

This is what I never understand. "Back to their level." ? You're talking about a club that has won the top flight six times, the FA Cup twice and the Charity Shield once.

Edited by Fox92

If you were to actually meet a Sunderland fan in the street they seem a nice bunch. My theory is that they've locked all their knuckle-dragging nob-ends with an IQ lower than 50 in a room with only computers for entertainment. The result: that forum.

I feel so bad for normal Sunderland fans to be represented by that lot on the Internet. Embarrassing.

Are we talking before or after Jesus mate?

Just pointing the facts out. People come out with stuff like "back to their level" when they've won more than us. No team has a given right to play in any league, yes including us.

This is what I never understand. "Back to their level." ? You're talking about a club that has won the top flight six times, the FA Cup twice and the Charity Shield once.

Their titles were over a century ago, since the second world war their average position has been 21st, they're a yoyo team and have been for the best part of 70 years. Talking about their titles is like talking about prestons league and cup double to say they're a big side - they did it while Victoria was still on the throne

Their titles were over a century ago, since the second world war their average position has been 21st, they're a yoyo team and have been for the best part of 70 years. Talking about their titles is like talking about prestons league and cup double to say they're a big side - they did it while Victoria was still on the throne

So is every other club apart from Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Arsenal. 

So is every other club apart from Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Tottenham and Arsenal. 

Well not really, teams like Newcastle don't tend to just bounce between the two divisions - the point is their average position since football resumed post-war is 21st (ours is 22nd); they, like us, are overacheiving every time they stay up in the premiership. Their titles back when Queen Elizabeth was just a twinkle in her dads scrotum are practically irrelevant now, because it's 2015, not 1915.

There's a point where a clubs history becomes irrelevant to their modern day stature. You'd have more credibility if you were claiming Hungary were the best side in the world because of Puskas.

Exactly.

If you've done nothing for decades, you've no right to call yourself a big club.

Case Study: Nottingham Forest.

Edited by Bilo

Anybody else get wound up by the MOTD commentator last night?

He kept calling the stadium the KP stadium. He even went one further and called it the K Power stadium lol

Just call it the King Power stadium like everyone else you nob!

Except the club itself, which calls it "King Power Stadium", going to incredible lengths to avoid using the word "the" before it.

Except the club itself, which calls it "King Power Stadium", going to incredible lengths to avoid using the word "the" before it.

yeah cause it's called king power stadium not the king power stadium

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9817599/liverpool-lead-manchester-united-arsenal-everton-and-tottenham-in-ultimate-league

That has us and Sunderland slightly higher (but we are still one place behind).

With regards to clubs success pre war and post war - Sheffield Wednesday are a prime example. They are 28th. Coventry on the other hand are 15th...

Last fifty years though, so that's from the sixties, I was going from the forties: both of us were div two for a fair bit of the fifties. The point remains that they, like is, are relegation battlers and survival is a good achievement for both - their titles are irrelevant these days.

just seen some of these pundit's predictions and i'm amazed how many have got us to be relegated. Can think of about 7 or 8 teams more likely

Just seems the fashion with them all because of our new appointment. No way are Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford better than us, for starters.