Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3191523/Leicester-City-rugby-silent-treatment-World-Cup-matches-fail-given-voice-King-Power-Stadium.html

I know this is the Daily Mail, but i'm starting to get a little paranoid that they really do have it in for us.

1) It's a football stadium hosting a football game.

2) It's a football programme sold to football supporters.

3) The bloody thing is a couple of months away.

Edited by Livid

Just pointing the facts out. People come out with stuff like "back to their level" when they've won more than us. No team has a given right to play in any league, yes including us.

Well not really, teams like Newcastle don't tend to just bounce between the two divisions - the point is their average position since football resumed post-war is 21st (ours is 22nd); they, like us, are overacheiving every time they stay up in the premiership. Their titles back when Queen Elizabeth was just a twinkle in her dads scrotum are practically irrelevant now, because it's 2015, not 1915.

You're both right and wrong.

It's pointless bringing trophies into the conversation, neither club is a regularly winning major honours. Certainly we've both won very little in the last 50 years.

But we and Sunderland most certainly belong in the Premiership, it's not ancient history that we both average crowds that are in the top 15 of the country (and still would if the likes of Sheff Wednesday and Leeds were promoted).

Both clubs have largely underachieved for the majority of their history, and Sunderland look like continuing that this season, thankfully.

Never seen so much bitterness lol

My favourite quote was something along the lines of "the clappers helped towards us being beaten by their team of average players"

While they have Lee Cattermole and Sebastian Coates lol

Just pointing the facts out. People come out with stuff like "back to their level" when they've won more than us. No team has a given right to play in any league, yes including us.

Couldn't agree more. Sunderland has a much "better" history, a larger stadium, higher attendances....yet...

That's precisely what I can't fathom about Sunderland – how the club continues to be so abysmally dreadful year after year. They have one of the biggest stadiums in the land (49,000) and average 43,000 per game. The fan base is there, the infrastructure is there, yet they seem to have - as a club - zero ambition.

There seems to be no plan to take the club forward. No "five-year plan". No plan whatsoever, to be honest. As I understand it, Di Canio and then Poyet were supposed to be the instigators of long-term success, but to base your plans on entirely a new manager is a bit like wanting to design a new car and starting with the shape of the headlamps - don't start with the detail, start with what you want it to do. 

When it comes to players, Sunderland never seems to make big signings that would make a statement, but nor is the club known for producing youngsters. Rather, it seems that they prefer to sign middle-of the road, experienced professionals who will "do a job" and nothing else. For the past three seasons now they've survived by the skin of their teeth and/or thanks to some end-of-season heroics. They've managed one single top-10 finish in the Premier League in the past 14 years (10th in 2011).

I just don't understand how such a potentially big club can be so consistently awful. Is it that Ellis Short makes enough money out of the club as it is? Does he not give a feck? 

I actually have sympathy for Sunderland fans. A bit like going out with a super model who throws herself down a set of stairs on purpose every year to spend 12 months in a wheelchair. "Can't have sex, no. My legs are broken."

Couldn't agree more. Sunderland has a much "better" history, a larger stadium, higher attendances....yet...

That's precisely what I can't fathom about Sunderland – how the club continues to be so abysmally dreadful year after year. They have one of the biggest stadiums in the land (49,000) and average 43,000 per game. The fan base is there, the infrastructure is there, yet they seem to have - as a club - zero ambition.

There seems to be no plan to take the club forward. No "five-year plan". No plan whatsoever, to be honest. As I understand it, Di Canio and then Poyet were supposed to be the instigators of long-term success, but to base your plans on entirely a new manager is a bit like wanting to design a new car and starting with the shape of the headlamps - don't start with the detail, start with what you want it to do. 

When it comes to players, Sunderland never seems to make big signings that would make a statement, but nor is the club known for producing youngsters. Rather, it seems that they prefer to sign middle-of the road, experienced professionals who will "do a job" and nothing else. For the past three seasons now they've survived by the skin of their teeth and/or thanks to some end-of-season heroics. They've managed one single top-10 finish in the Premier League in the past 14 years (10th in 2011).

I just don't understand how such a potentially big club can be so consistently awful. Is it that Ellis Short makes enough money out of the club as it is? Does he not give a feck? 

I actually have sympathy for Sunderland fans. A bit like going out with a super model who throws herself down a set of stairs on purpose every year to spend 12 months in a wheelchair. "Can't have sex, no. My legs are broken."

what

:dunno:  Shove it in her mouth. She wouldn't be able to complain.

Never seen so much bitterness lol

My favourite quote was something along the lines of "the clappers helped towards us being beaten by their team of average players"

While they have Lee Cattermole and Sebastian Coates lol

If we're average I'm no idea what they are. They're incredibly lucky to still be in the Premier League and they know it.

I can take pops at the clappers. They are artificial as ****. I'd mock anyone else for using them.

We definitely have a noisier ground at the minute than they do though, oh, unless they've just gone 4 down and there's the usual booing although I think 0-3 probably creates louder boos as 20,000 of them haven't ****ed off yet.

They need to go down. They stink out the league.

I agree entirely with that. Newcastle are exactly the same. Their attitudes are embarrassing and that's why I hope they get relegated. I've criticised our owners but I don't think you can hold against them that they fail to show ambition. Leicester are an ambitious club, Newcastle & Sunderland, comfortably bigger clubs than us, aren't.

Their derby is sheer embarrassment. Absolute rubbish football nearly every time from both of them with the focus on mediocrity like Jack Colback - this is two clubs in a passionate football area (yes, it is), with two of the biggest grounds in the league, and they're both diabolical.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3191523/Leicester-City-rugby-silent-treatment-World-Cup-matches-fail-given-voice-King-Power-Stadium.html

I know this is the Daily Mail, but i'm starting to get a little paranoid that they really do have it in for us.

1) It's a football stadium hosting a football game.

2) It's a football programme sold to football supporters.

3) The bloody thing is a couple of months away.

The daily smug sorry mail is just a glorified sun without the tits why do we have to plaster it all over our programmes for all the mail know is that the club will be advertise about the tournament a bit nearer the time it's 12 weeks away !

They only want to print the negative things about the club not ever the positive things we do !!

Daily Fail FOAD !!

• Like 1

lol Is it really that strange that our FOOTBALL matchday programme doesnt have any news about Rugby?

Everybody who likes Rugby knows the world cup is coming up ffs. If Rugby fans were actually interested in going they would already have brought tickets. Do people know the Rugby teams that are playing at the King Power yet? The article doesnt say the teams competing there.