Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Graeme Swann -- not impressed

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33793937

Quote:

"Swann's prediction: This is a tricky one for me - living in Nottingham I am not allowed to like Leicester and being a Newcastle fan I am not allowed to like Sunderland. So I'm going for 0-0. It will be the worst game of the week and the last game on MOTD - don't even bother watching it."

Sounds like a tool to me!

Quote:

"Swann's prediction: This is a tricky one for me - living in Nottingham I am not allowed to like Leicester and being a Newcastle fan I am not allowed to like Sunderland. So I'm going for 0-0. It will be the worst game of the week and the last game on MOTD - don't even bother watching it."

He probably aint far off the mark lolz

Quote:

why?  You understand the last part's a joke right?

• Like 1

According to Football365 the appointment of Ranieri is reminiscent of the appointment of Alan Irvine at West Brom.

Alan Irvine, the former Juventus, Roma, Chelsea, Valencia and Monaco manager with second placed league finishes in Italy, England and France and a Champions League semi final. That Alan Irvine.

Read that article earlier and couldn't believe it. I thought Football365 was better than that in terms of research and logic.

This is your opinion, is it not? That Pearson doesn't choose the players, and didn't choose the tactics for the final nine games of the season?

No, my opinion that differs to your own, is that firstly Ranieri has not inherited a team composed solely of 'Nigel Pearson's transfer targets'; secondly, they are not 'Nigel Pearson's players' they are Leicester City's and finally that the set up, selections and tactics for the final nine games of the season were not solely down to the manager as many seem to believe. If my views are as you say baseless, then really, they shouldn't be of any consequence to you.

Despite your cringeworthy attempt at intellectualising your posts by pumping them so full of big words that they have to be read three times in order to extract meaning, all you are doing is just regurgitating the dullest and most obvious jibes that were constantly aimed at Pearson over the last 7 years: That is, he was responsible for all our failings, but never for our successes.

Again you yourself make these assumptions. I apologise if that's the perception, it's certainly not a conscious 'attempt at intellectualising posts' or meant to rub anyone the wrong way, It's honestly not contrived - sorry if you think that it is. I'll heed your advice though. My main concern is that the a,s and d key's aren't working properly on my Mac and I have to keep editing posts, otherwise they'd be even more meaningless than you claim they already are.

I have tried to remain oblivious to the jibes directed at NP over the last 7 years. I certainly don't believe that he is 'responsible for all our failings but never for our successes'- and made the point that the club is indebted to his contribution, although in respect of comparing the championship and the premiership...

Oh course it's comparable. 

No, it isn't. I'm sorry I disagree. It's an entirely different level and the tactics, the pace, the politics, the stakes, the pressure the scrutiny is utterly unforgiving.

I think it's because you sound very condescending in your arguments. You use a confrontational language that sounds more akin to a solicitor rather than 'banter or debate with a mate'. it maybe unintentionally but you certainly rub people up the wrong way. there are ways and means of airing an opinion.

Again, I really do apologise if you think that but it honestly wasn't the intent and I appreciate your reply. Ok, I admit, I am in fact David Mellor.

I agree, there are ways of airing an opinion just as there are ways of countering one that you don't necessarily agree with. 

Thanks for that. I'll be there at two tomorrow, block H. It'd genuinely be a pleasure to meet you and I'd be happy to buy you a pint beforehand, then you can properly judge whether you think I'm a twat. The internet is largely hot air and bravado, happy to step out from behind that bullshit. P.M. me Paul, it'd be good to hear your views on the game beforehand in person.

Edited by Line-X

According to Football365 the appointment of Ranieri is reminiscent of the appointment of Alan Irvine at West Brom.

Alan Irvine, the former Juventus, Roma, Chelsea, Valencia and Monaco manager with second placed league finishes in Italy, England and France and a Champions League semi final. That Alan Irvine.

Matt Stead likened us to QPR called him out on his bullshit on twitter

This thread used to be ace. We'd catch fans of other teams whining about us when we'd beaten them and have a good old laugh at them. Now it's just posting any old article that slags us off and calling the author a disabled and expecting everyone to sing our praises. It's borderline neurotic!

• Like 3

This thread used to be ace. We'd catch fans of other teams whining about us when we'd beaten them and have a good old laugh at them. Now it's just posting any old article that slags us off and calling the author a disabled and expecting everyone to sing our praises. It's borderline neurotic!

It's pathetic, it's like no-one should be allowed to say anything bad or having opinion against us.

I honestly do believe people think we are the most hated club ever and love to live on 'woe is me'.

Looks like the m-word has been added to the word filter and replaced with 'disabled'. Never liked that word but maybe it should be replaced with 'stupid' or censored out.