Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

Title sorted, top 4 sorted, relegated teams sorted realisticly, only battle now seems to be who can get the number 7 spot, and as usual we are involved!

Are we? Are we really?! :surrender:

7 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

They’re right. Fact is they have a manager who wants to get into Europe instead of one who tries to avoid it because it might mean he loses his job next season if there is a downturn in the league form as a result. Puel is happy for us to finish eighth but win nothing for his own sake. His record in the latter stages of the cups and the league when 7th is a possibility proves it.

Have you see Burnley's cup record under Dyche? It's abysmal. I wouldn't put it past them to not even make the groups.

They're bound to have a bigger budget next season, Dyche will probably spend too much on experienced British players and yet complain other teams had it easy in the market etc if they struggle.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Red Squirrel said:

Unless someone scores a worldy it should be goal of the season as well. Another achievement by Vardy... what a man!

Can’t remember specifics but there have been some excellent goals this season prior to March.

can I put my head above the parapet and say I don’t want to qualify for Europa league from 7th position .........poisoned chalice and I believe it would be best for the evolution of the team to aim for a top six finish next season on the back of a proper European based pre season and a fast start to the campaign with the big clubs suffering most of their players having ‘post World Cup’ syndrome. 

Everton will have a new manager, Burnley can’t play this well again and will have the Europa league distraction and arsenal will either be a first season WIP or wenger’s last so probably vulnerable again. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t remember specifics but there have been some excellent goals this season prior to March.

can I put my head above the parapet and say I don’t want to qualify for Europa league from 7th position .........poisoned chalice and I believe it would be best for the evolution of the team to aim for a top six finish next season on the back of a proper European based pre season and a fast start to the campaign with the big clubs suffering most of their players having ‘post World Cup’ syndrome. 

Everton will have a new manager, Burnley can’t play this well again and will have the Europa league distraction and arsenal will either be a first season WIP or wenger’s last so probably vulnerable again. 

Don't forget Wolves will probably spend half a billion this summer lol.

From a footballing point of view I can kind of see why it's logistically no good for us to go and play in Belarus ahead of a potentially tight game.

From a fans point of view I'd love nothing more lol 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Don't forget Wolves will probably spend half a billion this summer lol.

Can anyone watch that game at the weekend and say with confidence that we'll come above Newcastle next season?

Because I can't.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can anyone watch that game at the weekend and say with confidence that we'll come above Newcastle next season?

Because I can't.

If we play like that against Newcastle next season then Puel won’t be the manager and we will be commenting how the new guy needs time and his own players in .....

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If we play like that against Newcastle next season then Puel won’t be the manager and we will be commenting how the new guy needs time and his own players in .....

This chopping and changing of manager every season will eventually see us relegated. These clubs with a lack of structure only survive because there's that many of them and they can't all go down. 

We can build all the facilities we like but if we don't break out of this issue regarding managers, we'll end up back in the Championship.

I think we've been fortunate to be as high as 8th. I expect as well as Burnley, the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Wolves could all very feasibly finish above us.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This chopping and changing of manager every season will eventually see us relegated. These clubs with a lack of structure only survive because there's that many of them and they can't all go down. 

We can build all the facilities we like but if we don't break out of this issue regarding managers, we'll end up back in the Championship.

I think we've been fortunate to be as high as 8th. I expect as well as Burnley, the likes of Newcastle, Everton and Wolves could all very feasibly finish above us.

Chelsea ............,

watford ..............

if the club has the right model in place then the manager can be ‘rotated’

I’m not a big fan of it but it happens 

Edited by st albans fox