Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure how you think Wilder has rattled him to be honest. You're just desperate for AJ to not be as good as the hype so you can say you told everyone. 

Wilder was complimentary, respectful, sensible, well spoken and intelligent whilst doing coverage for Joshua vs Klitch. Now he wants to fight him next and it's just mouth, mouth, mouth and pretending to hate on the guy just to hype up the fight we all know is going to happen. 

I hate all the talk around boxing, just shut up and fight each other ffs. 

AJ is just largely refusing to get drawn in to it. Don't see how Wilder is "in his head", the only response from Joshua has just been to point out that there's actually been no formal offer of a fight from Wilder or his camp and that they'll discuss it further when there is. 

What do you want? AJ to act like a child and start tweeting "im gunna slap u up until nob'ed" or something? 

He is no where near the Hype lol 

he is rattled ... won’t go to America 

the bogeyman will come here to fight 

but now AJ won’t fight the bogeyman unless it’s an 80/20 split lol (my terms) 

thats risk management ... that’s rattled 

AJ is good but he is just a fresh harder hitting version of Bruno .... 

he aint all that hype 

Edited by GaelicFox

They'll fight wherever they can make the most money and they'll split the purse according to who has the hardest negotiating promoter to be perfectly honest. 

It has very little to do with either of them and their abilities in the ring. 

My money would probably marginally be on Wilder, I have no problem with you considering him the favourite. 

But you just embarrass yourself with the ridiculously over the top bias against AJ as a competitor as well. You act like he's some complete chump and that Fury would be the next Ali if he wasn't such a head case. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

They'll fight wherever they can make the most money and they'll split the purse according to who has the hardest negotiating promoter to be perfectly honest. 

The fight will take place where the most money will be made.

That place is Wembley stadium.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Scared of wilder thou 

that’s the big one in his head 

wow wilder has got him 

these tweets are fraps or fakes 

not the real AJ 

That been confirmed? It's his account, his best spoof account is hilarious but has very few followers. After takam fight " ****ed my nose, now I know how Kalle Sauerland feels" lol 

Joshua is the world star in boxing and if Wilder really wants him, then he should come to the UK. Wilder has almost twice as many fights on his record as AJ but less names. Wlad was past his best, but Joshua still took the risk and knocked him out. Wilder knocking out a fat Stiverne isn't anywhere near as impressive, whether it was in one round or not. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

I love how in the space of one fight, the general consensus appears to be that AJs stock has dropped and suddenly Wilder's has risen significantly. I am not basing my opinion solely on this thread but on social media in general.

People are quick to jump on AJ's stamina, and perhaps there's a degree of truth in that but Wilders boxing ability is still pretty terrible. He's a thunderous puncher but he swings wildly and his footwork is pretty shoddy too. A clever boxer will beat him comfortably but like any heavyweight clash, one punch can change everything.

AJ is the star whereas Wilder is still relatively unknown in his own country, let alone worldwide. I fully expect AJ will command a bigger split and the fight will more than likely be in the UK where it will attract the biggest crowds. I am certain Wilder will not be too fussed about that. He seemed to love it when commentating on Sky Sports. Even at an 80/20 split, which I see was quote a few posts above, would still be more than Wilder has earned to date. Not that I see it being that sort of a split.

With regards to Fury, it's all ifs, buts and maybes at the minute. It's all well and good saying a fit Fury would smash AJ but it's likely we will never see Fury in the shape he was in against Vlad again. His performance against Vlad was cool, calm and calculated and something we may never see from him again which is a shame but to me it was his stand out performance over quite a short career, sadly.

The heavyweight division as a whole may not be full of future hall of fame champions but it's very competitive. I for one welcome that rather than a division dominated by the likes of Vlad & Vitali.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Joshua is the world star in boxing and if Wilder really wants him, then he should come to the UK. Wilder has almost twice as many fights on his record as AJ but less names. Wlad was past his best, but Joshua still took the risk and knocked him out. Wilder knocking out a fat Stiverne isn't anywhere near as impressive, whether it was in one round or not. 

Wilder happy to come 

but wants a 60/40 split in AJ favour obviously 

80/20 is rumoured to have been suggested to him lol 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Wilder happy to come 

but wants a 60/40 split in AJ favour obviously 

80/20 is rumoured to have been suggested to him lol 

Anything less than 65/35 is derisory. 

i appreciate he's the b side in this but still.....he's wbc world champion and besides, if AJ seriously all about unification he should just get on with it, he's already richer than Andrea Ward by all accounts.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I love how in the space of one fight, the general consensus appears to be that AJs stock has dropped and suddenly Wilder's has risen significantly. I am not basing my opinion solely on this thread but on social media in general.

People are quick to jump on AJ's stamina, and perhaps there's a degree of truth in that but Wilders boxing ability is still pretty terrible. He's a thunderous puncher but he swings wildly and his footwork is pretty shoddy too. A clever boxer will beat him comfortably but like any heavyweight clash, one punch can change everything.

AJ is the star whereas Wilder is still relatively unknown in his own country, let alone worldwide. I fully expect AJ will command a bigger split and the fight will more than likely be in the UK where it will attract the biggest crowds. I am certain Wilder will not be too fussed about that. He seemed to love it when commentating on Sky Sports. Even at an 80/20 split, which I see was quote a few posts above, would still be more than Wilder has earned to date. Not that I see it being that sort of a split.

With regards to Fury, it's all ifs, buts and maybes at the minute. It's all well and good saying a fit Fury would smash AJ but it's likely we will never see Fury in the shape he was in against Vlad again. His performance against Vlad was cool, calm and calculated and something we may never see from him again which is a shame but to me it was his stand out performance over quite a short career, sadly.

The heavyweight division as a whole may not be full of future hall of fame champions but it's very competitive. I for one welcome that rather than a division dominated by the likes of Vlad & Vitali.

Massive questions about AJ his last 3 fights if I’m honest 

Not living up to the Hype 

17 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Massive questions about AJ his last 3 fights if I’m honest 

Not living up to the Hype 

Depends how you view it. All fights he was clearly winning on the cards, showed signed of gassing but he stopped all 3. He was was tested but came through it. Hopefully he learns as you do have to question his stamina. He doesnt control the hype. 

What about Wilder? Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Depends how you view it. All fights he was clearly winning on the cards, showed signed of gassing but he stopped all 3. He was was tested but came through it. Hopefully he learns as you do have to question his stamina. He doesnt control the hype. 

What about Wilder? Thoughts?

Wilder won’t get near him 

if he comes wild swinging then AJ will send one down the pipe and clip him out 

but if AJ tries and slugs with him he could get in trouble 

one thing is for sure NO score cards will be needed in that one 

I think Joshua’s biggest threats might be in UK still 

Tyson fury .... if a miracle happens and he drops 8 stone and sorts his mental health 

and 

Daniel Dubois.... in 3 years time he could he ready for AJ  , we will soon find out if he is all hype or the real deal ... I think he is real , I spoke to Martin Bowers about this kid and he said he was the most exciting British heavyweight he has ever seen  at that age , and Martin don’t chat shite 

Parker and wilder im not sure either have the skills needed to beat AJ 

but 10/15 years ago neither would have ever won a belt !

It's amazing the attention the heavyweight division is getting, it's still awful. Wilder is crap as well.

When Wlad was knocking out corpses and bums he was overrated shit, now AJ is doing it he's somehow the best since Lewis. Bizarre.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

It's amazing the attention the heavyweight division is getting, it's still awful. Wilder is crap as well.

When Wlad was knocking out corpses and bums he was overrated shit, now AJ is doing it he's somehow the best since Lewis. Bizarre.

I agree, I don't understand how popular AJ is and how much hyped he is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MattP said:

Always does in this country. But as James has pointed out the brand they have managed to build with AJ has captured the imagination of the casual fan.

@GaelicFox agree with Dubois although I’d say more like 5 years and I’d like to see him get through the levels a bit quicker. Franks giving him proper stiffs at the minute.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Always does in this country. But as James has pointed out the brand they have managed to build with AJ has captured the imagination of the casual fan.

@GaelicFox agree with Dubois although I’d say more like 5 years and I’d like to see him get through the levels a bit quicker. Franks giving him proper stiffs at the minute.

Ya if frank keeps this stiff shite going he won’t progress at all ... I’m not sure he needs 5 years though he has been battering ranked heavyweights in sparing , I know it’s sparing but this kid really could be the one 

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes a parody for a human being lol didn't he publicaly claim AJ was knocking her off four months ago.

mind you if they want a cheap DNA test a few years down the line they can just punch the kid in the face and see if they get back up.

Yeah he was accusing AJ and her of all sorts, pretty impressed with my pretty crass attempt at humour with my reply, never usually get more than 5 likes on any tweet lollol 

• Haha 1