Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

The pair are being tipped to achieve two million pay-per-view sales priced at $74.99 in the US.

$74.99 to watch this on TV? Bargain..

:nigel:

The bars here last night are advertising a cover charge of $30-50 to get in and watch it all on Close circuit TV feeds 

the place is buzzing this morning really is lots of brits here lots and lots it seems haven’t been to bed , I’m hearing the Direct virgin flight from london that landed last night was an absolute party the whole way Over. 

weigh in this afternoon and then this shits about to get real 

the strip is full of gambling On the boxing they call the bookies “sports book” and Tyson is slowly being heavily backed 

hoping to see a few City shirts around this weekend 

Cheap seat tickets are trading at $250-300 each which I’m a little surprised they are so affordable 

the hotel bar last night was full of hookers , like Dubai they seem to fly in for the weekend 

We are here to see the King and we will have a coronation yet 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Forgot to say lots of rumours Last night about a bad ankle and/or knee for Tyson 

seems to have  injured himself in camp 

Fury wouldn’t be one for excuses and I can’t see them leaking that so maybe it’s bollox 

May have got out against their wishes, managed to get out about Hayes Achilles before the Belles fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s on fire here 

pabs I think the rumours are right one of the lads in our party is friendly with Hughie Fury and he said tyson has a bad ankle 

glen McCrory is in our hotel he is very grey these days big hairy grey beard 

It's worrying if true.

But I hope it's just mind games and that Hughie has been told to say that to anyone outside of Tyson's inner circle. Thinking about it, if they want to throw a red herring out, surely if it appears to have originated from within - ie Hughie telling a bunch of lads who have gone to see the fight, which in turn will spread through other fans and travel to Wilder's team - it will be more plausible and will keep Wilder and his team guessing??

I just find it hard to believe that Tyson's brother would just voluntarily tell a bunch of strangers something so sensitive, if it is true... 

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s on fire here 

pabs I think the rumours are right one of the lads in our party is friendly with Hughie Fury and he said tyson has a bad ankle 

He loves a drink does Glen!!

Well, injury or not I do think Tyson's best chance is to close the gap as quickly as he can and not give Wilder any room to get extension on his right hand. Don't think his uppercut is that developed but Fury's on the other hand is very good at close range.

If injured, his adrenaline may grant him a few early rounds before the leg/ankle seizes up, enough at least to close the distance and hopefully keep Wilder there whilst he works him on the inside. If he is able to do that for the first 2 or 3 rounds, that may well be enough to dictate the pattern of the fight and slow Wilder down, definitely necessary to do early if he is injured of course.

I just see that as Tyson's best chance. I'd be shocked if he's able to fight from range without getting into trouble. Of course, he could clip Wilder from range and I really do think Tyson punches harder than advertised. But he really needs to be able to contain Wilder up close to give himself the best chance I reckon.

Though he won both fights fair and square, IMO Fury's best career decision was to never get back in the ring with Klitschko, I think his worst career decision will be getting back in the ring with Wilder.

He simply won't be able to stay out of Wilder's way for 12 more rounds and in the wise words of Dillian Whyte he "couldn't even knock out a w**k".  To me this spells huge trouble and I expect Wilder to get this done early with a career-ending knockout in the 3rd round.

21 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s on fire here 

Glen will be as high as a ****ing kite all weekend. 👀😂

Worrying rumours them mate, hopefully being over played 

19 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's worrying if true.

But I hope it's just mind games and that Hughie has been told to say that to anyone outside of Tyson's inner circle. Thinking about it, if they want to throw a red herring out, surely if it appears to have originated from within - ie Hughie telling a bunch of lads who have gone to see the fight, which in turn will spread through other fans and travel to Wilder's team - it will be more plausible and will keep Wilder and his team guessing??

I just find it hard to believe that Tyson's brother would just voluntarily tell a bunch of strangers something so sensitive, if it is true... 

Cousin, Tommy is his brother. Who knows if  it’s true and I’m sure it won’t be that bad if it is.

25 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Cousin, Tommy is his brother. Who knows if  it’s true and I’m sure it won’t be that bad if it is.

I know Peter Fury's son is called Hughie. But Tyson's second to youngest brother is also called Hughie. He had a brief career at heavyweight with the moniker "Young Fury" but his real name is Hughie. He can been seen along with Shane in some of the recent videos of them at the Vegas training camp.

I presume that's who Lineker's Lugs is talking about. 

Anyway, I don't know what to think to be honest. It's very confusing, why would a close member of Fury's team divulge anything to strangers, regardless of them being fans of his? I just hope it's rumours and nothing more!! Either way, I hope we see some real quality, whoever ends up winning.

Edited by Kendal Fox

City game was a bit mental ! Var is a fcuking joke, how was that keeper not arrested for assault, if I did that to someone when I was working the doors I’d have been arrested ! 

Well Quick shower then that’s it out for the rest of the afternoon and tonight 

won $900 playing Craps (I always thought it was Crabs) last night 

Im now anxious, I feels a lot of tension around the lobby this morning, the amount of travellers here is mental and how well behaved they are is a credit to their community, didn't realise till last night how many Irish Travellers there are actually living in America ! 

if your into love Island There is a lot of them here Mrs Lugs keeps pointing them out to me 

Tyson doesn’t Just carry the hopes of a nation he carries the much bigger cross of the expectation of an entire race/community. 

that’s a lot for one man to carry 

so much now to fear, I’m nervous and anxious , the excitement has worn off a little but the Buzz is addictive 

enjoy the fight And I’ll check in some stage after the war has been won 

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Glen will be as high as a ****ing kite all weekend. 👀😂

Worrying rumours them mate, hopefully being over played 

Fuxk he looks really willy pullered this morning, he is a big boy Glen 

Ya I’m not sure they are significant the rumours 

the weight bothers me Pabs , that’s a massive lump to carry for 12 rounds ! I feel he really is planning to get the job done within 6/7 rounds ! 

his arms and shoulders looked amazing proper strength in them he looks a specimen for a fighting man 

talk later 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Fuxk he looks really willy pullered this morning, he is a big boy Glen 

Ya I’m not sure they are significant the rumours 

the weight bothers me Pabs , that’s a massive lump to carry for 12 rounds ! I feel he really is planning to get the job done within 6/7 rounds ! 

his arms and shoulders looked amazing proper strength in them he looks a specimen for a fighting man 

talk later 

It’s weird one but then Wilder is ****ing huge as well. If that translates into even more power then, gulp.

Reckon Wilder is gonna take this on a majority decision, even though Fury will outbox him and probably do enough to win. But you know what the judges are like. Wilder needs a KO otherwise it’s squeaky bum time for him as long as the judges aren’t bent. 

• Like 1