Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 12/02/2020 at 13:08, Manwell Pablo said:

Haymon's not keen on that, he's green lighted Shaun Porter to fight Crawford but Crawford isn't interested.

There noises about Crawford moving up to Middleweight.

I'd say there's a good chance it'll never happen, never mind this year. 

What are your thoughts on Gary Russell jr, featherweight ? Possibility of Warrington taking him on in a unification bout. He looks decent to me, although faded in latter rounds in a recent defence of his WBC belt against a Mongolian challenger. 

In all fairness the fights for Warrington are in America and Frank ain’t able to pull those off, Hearn and Warrington has history and obviously the £3m golden hello has helped sweeten the deal 

for the record I like Warrington 

As for Hearn ... I’d rather rub honey on my balls and T-bag a bee hive than like him ! 

362D3705-3781-454B-9B35-CB76BA9DF4EA.jpeg

Edited by LinekersLugs

5 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

What are your thoughts on Gary Russell jr, featherweight ? Possibility of Warrington taking him on in a unification bout. He looks decent to me, although faded in latter rounds in a recent defence of his WBC belt against a Mongolian challenger. 

The day Gary Russell finally fights someone note worthy it’ll be well over due.

Has done nothing but get out once a year to fight his mandatory’s, talk about big fights, moving up in weight, only to vanish for 12 months and rinse and repeat, for years now. No doubt he’s got talent but since losing to Lomachenko he talks about big fights a lot more than he actually does anything to pursue them.

Warrington will be looking at Shakur Stevenson who I believe is signed with DZNE, it’ll be why He’s ditched Frank for Edward, to get this fight done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

What are you boxing expert’s thoughts on Wilder v Fury ll ? I really can’t call it. Probably make Tyson a slight favourite, points/late stoppage. I know his last outing wasn’t the best, but he seems to raise his game for the big fights. 

With Wilder it’s hard to make any cast iron predictions unless it’s blatantly obvious he’s going to be able to land on his opponent, it’s what makes this fight intriguing. 

Personally based solely on analysis I’d favour Wilder to land a telling shot earlier this time and potentially get fury out before 12, I think more is made of Wilders rematch stats than the reality of both of those fights but 12 rounds with that awkward style is great experience. He under estimated Fury last time, and I’m not convinced Fury’s work with Kronk on apparently looking to trade with wilder more is a good idea. But there is every chance Fury will go in with a different approach to the one he claims.

Then there is Fury himself who’s performance levels fluctuate massively from fight to fight.

But yeah, Fury can certainly win, be it points or by stoppage. Nothing can be ruled out on Saturday.

• Thanks 2

I think Fury will be winning on points again, then get hit with a massive shot in round 8 or 9 and be KO'd.  I'd love Fury to win but fighting a man with arguably the hardest right hand in heavyweight history, is hard to bet against.  For the record, i think Wilder and Fury both beat Joshua.

Fury showed last time that he could wear at least one of Wilders big hits and still stay in it, but that being said it was the final round and it was just one.

FWIW I hope Fury wins it purely because Wilder is pretty much the epitome of the egotistical arseholery that high-level boxing can be at times.

FURY / WILDER II is unpredictable. 

However it’s simple. 

Wilder wins if he catches him. He’s not getting up like last time. Fury wins if it goes the distance. I’m not convinced with Fury saying he’s looking to trade with Wilder. I think it’ll be the same game plan as last time. Trading with one of the best power punches ever is just looking to lose the fight.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Fury showed last time that he could wear at least one of Wilders big hits and still stay in it, but that being said it was the final round and it was just one.

FWIW I hope Fury wins it purely because Wilder is pretty much the epitome of the egotistical arseholery that high-level boxing can be at times.

Just because he just about got up in time once doesn’t mean he will again. He catches one of those right hands flush there’s every chance he won’t beat the count a second time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just because he just about got up in time once doesn’t mean he will again. He catches one of those right hands flush there’s every chance he won’t beat the count a second time.

Well, you know more about all this than I do and I did caveat what he did as being only once and in the last round so not much time to have to hold on afterwards.

So, you could well be right, I'm hoping we don't have to find out.

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

The more I think about this. 

The more I lean towards a Wilder win. 

It's so hard to call. Bookies seem to make Fury a slight favourite. If Wilder catches Fury it could be over very quickly, if Tyson does his thing & is careful he wins. 50/50. 

56 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

It's so hard to call. Bookies seem to make Fury a slight favourite. If Wilder catches Fury it could be over very quickly, if Tyson does his thing & is careful he wins. 50/50. 

There’s a weird part of me that thinks Wilder will come out aggressive but not all guns blazing and in the fourth or fifth will hurt Tyson and start letting the punches and combo’s go.... I see Tyson picking a couple of retaliatory good shots, opening him up and ending him.

Dunno why but Fury is such a clever fighter and reckon he might surprise.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

There’s a weird part of me that thinks Wilder will come out aggressive but not all guns blazing and in the fourth or fifth will hurt Tyson and start letting the punches and combo’s go.... I see Tyson picking a couple of retaliatory good shots, opening him up and ending him.

Dunno why but Fury is such a clever fighter and reckon he might surprise.

I do hope you are correct. I just don’t think Fury has the power to do so.

Desperately want Fury to win, but I can see Wilder winning by KO. Don’t think Wilder took the first fight seriously as this one and hence was taken by surprise.

Its hard to call as Fury has by far the best mover and technically skilled fighter for me in the division. But likewise Wilder has that one punch power. We saw against Ortiz he can lose every round without getting out of 1st gear and lights out all of a sudden.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinman said:

I worry about Tysons cut.

I don’t think Wilders got the accuracy or inclination to go after a cut, it wouldn’t work for him as he’s looking to land a hard shot anywhere on the larger most vulnerable parts of the skull with his right hand, normally over hands or straights to the jaw or temple area. He starts waiting for the right time to land a precision shot to Tyson’s eye socket on the off chance he’ll open some scar tissue instead of sticking to what he’s good at he’ll be doing himself a tactical disservice. He doesn’t need to cut fury to get him out so there’s no point in trying.

Its a factor, as we don’t know how week the wound is and wilder could well open it up by accidentally landing there or more likely they could clash heads, but I’d not be too concerned about it.

It could even work in his favour, they bash heads and it starts gushing after four rounds it’s a technical decision if it’s deemed too bad to continue  so fury could walk away out pointing wilder over less than half the distance of the scheduled 12.

• Like 1

lets face it, as with every wilder fight, if he hits him it's over. it was an absolute miracle (and fair play to him) that fury got up last time, it won't happen again. 

but fury is probably the only heavyweight who is clever enough to avoid being hit for 12 rounds. 

which is what makes it a great fight. 

• Haha 1

Jesus this thread :thumbdown:

not read so much drivel since I read Amir Khans biography :frusty:

All this unpredictable shite and nonsense, did any of you see the first fight ? 

TYSON schooled him ! And only got caught by two lucky shots late in the fight, got up and still won the fight after ! 

This weekend TYSON Fury will cement his place as the greatest since Ali ! 

Wilder is a puncher he has nothing else to offer so unless he gets lucky he has NO hope of beating one of the all time greats ! 

wilder has shite feet, poor ring craft, so so open and really is a bang average pugilist , but he has a punch ! So he could get lucky 

but luck is all he has ! 

Fury on the other hand has it all ! Speed, agility, power, size, god given skills of focus and ring intelligence, he is simply the greatest White heavyweight of modern if not all Queensbury rules times, he doesn’t need luck, he makes luck and he will arise to his throne on Sunday morning and once  again be The King of Kings !  

My love of him knows no limit and my admiration knows no bounds.  

I give thanks that I have shook the hand of greatness.

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Jesus this thread not read so much drivel since I read Amir Khans biography

TYSON schooled him ! And only got caught by two lucky shots late in the fight, got up and still won the fight after ! 

Wilder is a puncher he has nothing else to offer so unless he gets lucky he has NO hope of beating one of the all time greats ! 

wilder has shite feet, poor ring craft, so so open and really is a bang average pugilist , but he has a punch ! So he could get lucky 

but luck is all he has ! 

Used to love drinking in the mornings.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Jesus this thread not read so much drivel since I read Amir Khans biography

but luck is all he has ! 

I don’t doubt Fury is the better, more skilled boxer. However, Wilder isn’t a poor boxer. His record shows that.

It’s an intriguing fight and it could go either way. 

• Like 1

Is it right that Fury and Wilder have already agreed to a third fight regardless of the outcome on Saturday?

Can’t help but feel it’s all about the Benjamin’s for these two rather than unifying the belts :whistle:

• Like 1