Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t doubt Fury is the better, more skilled boxer. However, Wilder isn’t a poor boxer. His record shows that.

It’s an intriguing fight and it could go either way. 

wilders record shows what ? He has beaten up chumps and banged the head off fat small fellas mostly 

he is a TERRIBLE boxer, even watch that video of when he went to school the internet troll ! His skills were embarrassing 

enjoy the fight Sunday 👍👍 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Is it right that Fury and Wilder have already agreed to a third fight regardless of the outcome on Saturday?

Can’t help but feel it’s all about the Benjamin’s for these two rather than unifying the belts :whistle:

Man seriously it’s all about Benjamin’s for every pro athlete, honestly 🙄🙄

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Man seriously it’s all about Benjamin’s for every pro athlete, honestly 🙄🙄

Call me old fashioned but shouldn’t it be about the glory of being undisputed champ? Could the winner of this not sought out AJ for a unification fight rather than already taking the easy money option of a third fight together?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Call me old fashioned but shouldn’t it be about the glory of being undisputed champ? Could the winner of this not sought out AJ for a unification fight rather than already taking the easy money option of a third fight together?

Wilder has gone for the easy option regularly. He only took the 1st Fury fight as Tyson had been out of the ring for so so long. I'm amazed he wants a 2nd fight. I don't think Wilder has any intention of being in with anybody of credibility if he can avoid it.

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I always find it amusing how people discredit a boxer by saying he's only really good at punching, as if that isn't literally the point of boxing.

Agreed! If you can punch hard enough to knock someone like Fury to the ground then you’re a bloody good boxer in my book. He’s not heavyweight world champion by fluke. Fury may be the better boxer for the purests but it’ll be in the back of his head that it could just take one punch for it to be over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Jesus this thread :thumbdown:

not read so much drivel since I read Amir Khans biography :frusty:

All this unpredictable shite and nonsense, did any of you see the first fight

TYSON schooled him ! And only got caught by two lucky shots late in the fight, got up and still won the fight after ! 

This weekend TYSON Fury will cement his place as the greatest since Ali ! 

Wilder is a puncher he has nothing else to offer so unless he gets lucky he has NO hope of beating one of the all time greats ! 

wilder has shite feet, poor ring craft, so so open and really is a bang average pugilist , but he has a punch ! So he could get lucky 

but luck is all he has ! 

Fury on the other hand has it all ! Speed, agility, power, size, god given skills of focus and ring intelligence, he is simply the greatest White heavyweight of modern if not all Queensbury rules times, he doesn’t need luck, he makes luck and he will arise to his throne on Sunday morning and once  again be The King of Kings !  

My love of him knows no limit and my admiration knows no bounds.  

I give thanks that I have shook the hand of greatness.

Well if you bought and read that no sympathy lol 

41 KO's in 43 fights. 

That's not lucky punching. 

Stylistically, he's a donkey, but he can pick an opportunity for a right hand and only needs to get one right in 12 rounds. We see this in nearly every single one of his fights.

Tyson can win but if you don't think this fight is unpredictable that sort of goes against the entire back log of Wilder fights. Including the last fight. Hopefully you are right I'll be very happy if Fury dances around him and gives him a beating for 12 rounds.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

3 American judges so I imagine Fury will have to knock him out if he wants to win.

Looking at the names I think he'll get a fair hearing this time. It's not like having Phil Edwards helped us last time was it. 

Weisfeld is a very good judge imo and had Ortiz up against Wilder in his last fight when the KO came. He get's a lot of big fights

Moretti is hit and miss, but bias isn't one thing I'd accuse him off, he was the only judge to go against the grain and give GGG the winning scorecard he deserved against Canelo in their first meeting.

Feldman is probably the most controversial and gave Thurman points over Manny P recently.

The home promoter has a much bigger sway on judges than the individual fighters nationality in my experience and with Bob Arum co-promoting with PBC you'd think delivery of a fair scorecard will be important to all three.

Obviously it could always be a fcking farce as this is boxing though but I am hopeful between those three we can avoid something as ridiculous as the Mexican card last time.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

All this unpredictable shite and nonsense, did any of you see the first fight ? 

TYSON schooled him ! And only got caught by two lucky shots late in the fight, got up and still won the fight after ! 

Wilder is a puncher he has nothing else to offer so unless he gets lucky he has NO hope of beating one of the all time greats ! 

wilder has shite feet, poor ring craft, so so open and really is a bang average pugilist , but he has a punch ! So he could get lucky 

but luck is all he has ! 

Fury on the other hand has it all ! Speed, agility, power, size, god given skills of focus and ring intelligence, he is simply the greatest White heavyweight of modern if not all Queensbury rules times, he doesn’t need luck, he makes luck and he will arise to his throne on Sunday morning and once  again be The King of Kings !  

I thought you’d given birth to him having just read your post ! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Looking at the names I think he'll get a fair hearing this time. It's not like having Phil Edwards helped us last time was it. 

Weisfeld is a very good judge imo and had Ortiz up against Wilder in his last fight when the KO came. He get's a lot of big fights

Moretti is hit and miss, but bias isn't one thing I'd accuse him off, he was the only judge to go against the grain and give GGG the winning scorecard he deserved against Canelo in their first meeting.

Feldman is probably the most controversial and gave Thurman points over Manny P recently.

The home promoter has a much bigger sway on judges than the individual fighters nationality in my experience and with Bob Arum co-promoting with PBC you'd think delivery of a fair scorecard will be important to all three.

Obviously it could always be a fcking farce as this is boxing though but I am hopeful between those three we can avoid something as ridiculous as the Mexican card last time.

That's good to hear!

I'm very uneducated in boxing but always enjoy reading this thread, I always seem to pick up little bits of knowledge and learn new things about the sport every time I pop in.

Just hoping I manage to stay up for this one. Last time these 2 fought I was watching it in a hotel bed on my phone with acid after an all dayer. 

I'm going for a Fury win in this one, thought he looked the better fighter last time and can only be sharper this time out. I suppose if you bet on Wilder knockout or Fury on points you'll be on to a winner. I assume the bookies are already well on top of that though haha.

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

Playing games with AJ keeping him out of the limelight, just like his team tried to play before he got knocked out.

Arrived in America , in Atlanta waiting for a connection to McCarran 

just had a a hell of a chat on the way Over with some cracking traveller lads from Northampton 

we are all staying in same hotel and on same flight schedule 

American Immigration are so so boring

”why you visiting sir”

me “to see the king” 

official “elvis” 

me “no he is dead , the gipsy king sir”

official “I think you are being smart” 

me “you should have seen the GaelicFox fella” ( I didn’t really say that) 

official Stamps and then shove passport at me “have a good vacation sir” 

ramped for This now so so excited 

having dinner tomorrow with Friends and relatives of Andy Lee (limerick connections) 

I’ll keep you posted 

Long Live the King 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I always find it amusing how people discredit a boxer by saying he's only really good at punching, as if that isn't literally the point of boxing.

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It's a bit like "all he does is score goals"

There are plenty of boxers who can punch hard who are truly woeful and at the top level there is certainly far more to it.

Fury himself is hardly concussive but has achieved more than Wilder in the sport.

Nothing like he can only score goals, more like he can strike a ball hard, without a level of accuracy or the intelligence of when to use it, it’s nothing.

Wilders got a excellent record but has flaws that can exploited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There are plenty of boxers who can punch hard who are truly woeful and at the top level there is certainly far more to it.

Fury himself is hardly concussive but has achieved more than Wilder in the sport.

Nothing like he can only score goals, more like he can strike a ball hard, without a level of accuracy or the intelligence of when to use it, it’s nothing.

Wilders got a excellent record but has flaws that can exploited. 

Safe to say he’s a better boxer than 3 to 4 years ago though. His movement has improved and he doesn’t look so unorthodox In the ring. He still throws the odd windmill.

If you look at the who’s who on his list of KOs, until fight 30ish, they were relative unknowns. 

He uses combinations to open up fighters, then basically looks to knock them out with that power. It’s a great weapon. No Heavyweight boxer is more equipped to deal with it than Fury. Potential Uysk? 

I’m still going back and forth on it, like a lot of people. 

On 20/02/2020 at 07:47, LinekersLugs said:

All this unpredictable shite and nonsense, did any of you see the first fight ? 

but luck is all he has ! 

It seems you have gone Too many rounds, with bouts of fantasy.:)