Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

If you've got a fractured eye socket, why would you carry one? It's like he was a bit battered and bruised and felt sorry for himself. Now, i'm not medical professional or doctor, but if someone lands a couple more clean shots on a fractured eye socket, surely that's going to result in some serious life changing/career ending damage?

28 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If you've got a fractured eye socket, why would you carry one? It's like he was a bit battered and bruised and felt sorry for himself. Now, i'm not medical professional or doctor, but if someone lands a couple more clean shots on a fractured eye socket, surely that's going to result in some serious life changing/career ending damage?

Frank Bruno had to retire as a result of some to his eye, so it does happen. 

I agree with everyone, it looked poor on the night, taking a Knee.  But nerve damage is no joke in terms of the pain. Joyce had been targeting that eye for a number of rounds. 

It's a shame, as he is/was a real up and coming talent, but clearly, he needs to find a way to win OTHER than just blowing people away in the first few rounds. 

Edited by Greg2607

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If you've got a fractured eye socket, why would you carry one? It's not like he was a bit battered and bruised and felt sorry for himself. Now, i'm not medical professional or doctor, but if someone lands a couple more clean shots on a fractured eye socket, surely that's going to result in some serious life changing/career ending damage?

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Well to win the fight. He’s two up on the cards, and the socket will have been fractured for about five or six rounds already.

Like I say I can’t blame him, he’s a human being at the end of the day in a lot of pain who’s given the fight a good go so if he’s had enough, he’s had enough. 

It’s less about laying into him personally for it and the reality of the situation, it does raise question in regards to what lengths he is prepared to go to to win because there are men in that division who will keep going until they are incapacitated if it’s left down to them no matter what the long term repercussions are and that includes death.

18 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well to win the fight. He’s two up on the cards, and the socket will have been fractured for about five or six rounds already.

Like I say I can’t blame him, he’s a human being at the end of the day in a lot of pain who’s given the fight a good go so if he’s had enough, he’s had enough. 

It’s less about laying into him personally for it and the reality of the situation, it does raise question in regards to what lengths he is prepared to go to to win because there are men in that division who will keep going until they are incapacitated if it’s left down to them no matter what the long term repercussions are and that includes death.

If you're willing to die in the ring then fair play (although I seriously doubt any fighter would actually be - unless they're mentally ill). Seems to me like if his corner pulled him out then all of this would have been avoided.

Are there any other examples of boxers that have carried on with a fracture or serious injury? I saw a video of one chap who's shoulder had popped out and he went and won with one hand, that was pretty impressive. 

I thought the post match interview was harsh, it was all about Dubois, which is fair enough if they're talking to dubois or someone in his camp. When the winner is stood there as well though it seems a bit disrespectful.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

If you're willing to die in the ring then fair play (although I seriously doubt any fighter would actually be - unless they're mentally ill). Seems to me like if his corner pulled him out then all of this would have been avoided.

Are there any other examples of boxers that have carried on with a fracture or serious injury? I saw a video of one chap who's shoulder had popped out and he went and won with one hand, that was pretty impressive. 

I thought the post match interview was harsh, it was all about Dubois, which is fair enough if they're talking to dubois or someone in his camp. When the winner is stood there as well though it seems a bit disrespectful.

I think Kell Brook suffered a fracture v Golovkin, he carried on until stopped, can't remember the exact details. 

Nobody knows how much pain Dubois was in or how much further damage he could have sustained. He is young & will return, so was wise to get out. 

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

There are plenty who I honestly believe would die in the ring, for his faults, the fact Wilder has gone on to sack Mark Breland for pulling him out of the beating he was getting off of Fury suggests to me he s serious when he says if he goes out he goes out because he physically unable to carry on.

Theres a fair few with shoulder Pops  and hand injuries mate tbh, I think Roy Jones won with a dislocated shoulder once, Groves popped his against Eubank obviously but the best one Is probably Danny Williams when  he landed a KO with his weak hand after his shoulder came out twice.

Facial damage wise there’s loads of examples.

The post match interview was farcical but Dubois is the BT boxing poster boy.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There are plenty who I honestly believe would die in the ring, for his faults, the fact Wilder has gone on to sack Mark Breland for pulling him out of the beating he was getting off of Fury suggests to me he s serious when he says if he goes out he goes out because he physically unable to carry on.

Theres a fair few with shoulder Pops  and hand injuries mate tbh, I think Roy Jones won with a dislocated shoulder once, Groves popped his against Eubank obviously but the best one Is probably Danny Williams when  he landed a KO with his weak hand after his shoulder came out twice.

Facial damage wise there’s loads of examples.

The post match interview was farcical but Dubois is the BT boxing poster boy.

That's the one I had seen, hell of an effort. Was he the favourite in that fight?

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yarde is ****ing enormous for a light heavy. 

I think he’d be even better if he threw a punch. It was cagey for ten rounds ffs. Terrible fight. Try and watch Hearns vs Hagler 1st round 😁 proper boxing not that tripe that was served up tonight 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

@Manwell Pablo

Pulev... any good?

Yeah he’s a good boxer, only Wlad has beat him although he did do a proper number on him.

But if he can beat Joshua at his age I’ll be highly surprised though, had it happened when it was suppose to when Takam stepped in it would of been a little more interesting.

I’d struggle to right him off though because as we have witnessed a lot recently heavyweight boxing is a division that can through up an upset and Pulev does have a good skill set. But I’m heavily in the Joshua stoppage camp.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Wouldn't say an insult but it's a bit of a sad way for Mayweather to go. 

Depends. Maybe he's had a chance to reflect on selling the sport out for cash and goes out there and takes this donkey's head clean off. Would put an end to randoms prancing into the ring I reckon.

Won't hold my breath mind.