Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Really can't wait for Tyson to dismantle him bit by bit, it'll be a hell of a beating. I dislike very few British boxers and tonight I absolutely wanted AJ to win but I do dislike him as a person. I used to really like him but somewhere along the road he became a bit of a twat. Fury the polar opposite, used to think the bloke was an idiot but somewhere along the line he grew on me and now I really like him. But even without the bias I just don't see how AJ copes with Fury barring that one crazy shot heavyweight boxing always has the possibility of producing.

AJs humble mask is all false, he’s just not what he pretends to be. The rollicking from Bossman Eddie has just replaced the mask is all, he’ll be doing everything by the book again to regain lost fans. Small example would be that cheese fest Rocky song, as opposed to some gangster rap magic.

40 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

No he doesn’t have a 100% knock out no, but he doesn’t have pillow fists neither, he still has 75% knockout (man he nearly knocked him self out🤣🤣🤣🤣), but that 25% he doesn’t knock people out, he makes up for it in his pure class  defensive technique, like I said earlier everyone will bang on saying this fight will only end in two ways  either AJ Knockout or fury points, I reckon fury will once again upset the Apple cart, and knock AJ out, it would absolutely make my day if he does to.

Granny Smiths or Pink Ladys ? 

47 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

No he doesn’t have a 100% knock out no, but he doesn’t have pillow fists neither, he still has 75% knockout (man he nearly knocked him self out🤣🤣🤣🤣), but that 25% he doesn’t knock people out, he makes up for it in his pure class  defensive technique, like I said earlier everyone will bang on saying this fight will only end in two ways  either AJ Knockout or fury points, I reckon fury will once again upset the Apple cart, and knock AJ out, it would absolutely make my day if he does to.

Fanboys of both fighter are far too disrespectful of the other.

Both fighters have few flaws and it’s incredibly exciting to have two British heavyweights going head to head. I really think anything could happen and I hope it gets a UK venue with a full house.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't get this presumption that you should automatically support the British boxer whether you like their personality or not. 

Can't bring myself to cheer on racist, homophobe Fury under any circumstances. Too horrible a character despite the boxing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Can't bring myself to cheer on racist, homophobe Fury under any circumstances. Too horrible a character despite the boxing. 

Thats fair enough, nobody should expect you too. I can't bring myself to cheers on AJ the phony. All the humble bullshit makes me sick, love it when his mask slips just a little. I think nationality shouldn't really come into the equation with these individual sports. You back the style and personality of the fighters based on what you like to see

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Thats fair enough, nobody should expect you too. I can't bring myself to cheers on AJ the phony. All the humble bullshit makes me sick, love it when his mask slips just a little. I think nationality shouldn't really come into the equation with these individual sports. You back the style and personality of the fighters based on what you like to see

Oh yeah. I'm no fan of him either to be honest. 

Thought he was okay at the start of his career but seems up be a bit of a tool these days. 

Klitchsko was the last one I really had time for. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh yeah. I'm no fan of him either to be honest. 

Thought he was okay at the start of his career but seems up be a bit of a tool these days. 

Klitchsko was the last one I really had time for. 

The one thing I'll say in defence of Fury is the work he's put into mental health. As someone who occasionally suffers from bouts of depression, anxiety etc he really does talk sense on the topic. 

I think the reason I favour him (not condoning racism or homophobia in anyway) is that he's made mistakes in the past but is a better man for them. I don't think he tries to hide away from his past. 

AJ on the other hand is presented as the squeaky clean, people's champ #humble. Every now and then someone rattles him and the mask slips and you can see him visually panic and retreat to golden boy mode

• Haha 1

There are a few dodgy characters in boxing, neither Fury or Joshua are though. If they do fight I just hope both are in reasonable shape and it's a good contest. I've always considered Fury the much better boxer, Joshua has worked on his flaws a bit but still not convinced. Fury has outboxed people like Wlad Klitschko, Joshua beat a fat guy in a big ring. 

I just hope Fury/Joshua takes place in front of a sell out crowd. 
Would be a crying shame if such a spectacle wasn’t played out in front of a huge live audience in the UK and not in Saudi Arabia or Vegas. 

l like Joshua’s more measured approach, seems to have a plan B when unable to starch his opponents. Fury will just be Fury & have a game plan as always. 
Hopefully this takes place late summer 2021 after they have a tune-up each. 
Then, no doubt they will have a rematch. 
As it is, l pick Fury by late stoppage or points. However, l wouldn’t put money on it as AJ

is a very live opponent ! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

He’s false, I’d much prefer a bluntly honest Dillian Whyte.

Yeah it’s not the Jeremy Kyle show mate. It’s Elite level sport. Proper casual boxing fan comment is that, and no casual boxing fan should be wanting to see someone hurt as they don’t have the first clue about the sport.

I can’t remember wanting any fighter to get hurt in the entirety of the time I’ve followed boxing, besides maybe Adrain Broener.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I’d love to see a Fury v AJ fight and the former put the latter flat on his arse

Can’t stand AJ

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah it’s not the Jeremy Kyle show mate. It’s Elite level sport. Proper casual boxing fan comment is that, and no casual boxing fan should be wanting to see someone hurt as they don’t have the first clue about the sport.

I can’t remember wanting any fighter to get hurt in the entirety of the time I’ve followed boxing, besides maybe Adrain Broener.

So you’re saying I can’t want someone hurt but you can? You’re not doing very well here.

44 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

So you’re saying I can’t want someone hurt but you can? You’re not doing very well here.

You should know by now that @Manwell Pablois always right on this thread as the resident expert.

The rest of us are mere 'casual' fans :whistle:

6 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

I'd say that's a six form level argument but the truth is you probably don't even know who Adrian Broner is, and he is a very special exception indeed, I can't recall AJ chocking a waitress, or knocking out a boxing fan, or sexual assaulting anyone, or indeed robbing anyone. Among many many other things. So proper reasons not "I think he is a bit fake"

Edited by Manwell Pablo

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You should know by now that @Manwell Pablois always right on this thread as the resident expert.

The rest of us are mere 'casual' fans :whistle:

I'll have you know there are people who post in here regularly who's opinion I respect mr cynical :P

Not many though I have to admit

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd say that's a six form level argument but the truth is you probably don't even know who Adrian Broner is, and he is a very special exception indeed, I can't recall AJ chocking a waitress, or knocking out a boxing fan, or sexual assaulting anyone, or indeed robbing anyone. Among many many other things. So proper reasons not "I think he is a bit fake"

AB was protege to Mayweather, why would you assume I don’t know who one of the most famous and entertaining people in boxing is?

I can’t move beyond your double standards, you keep wishing harm to Broner in the ring if you want to, this conversation is terminated. 

D22190AD-EA08-4E45-8C40-C831C4923D38.jpeg

Edited by SheppyFox

21 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

AB was protege to Mayweather, why would you assume I don’t know who one of the most famous and entertaining people in boxing is?

I can’t move beyond your double standards, you keep wishing harm to Broner in the ring if you want to, this conversation is terminated. 

D22190AD-EA08-4E45-8C40-C831C4923D38.jpeg

“Entertaining” 😂

FYI there isn’t a boxing game for the PS4 so it’d be a struggle.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Your use of the word little as part an insult is a curious case. I take it you’re sensitive of your size, perhaps a flyweight at county level boxing, or something else? 🤔 

Must be something else as last time I checked there’s no such thing as county boxing, much like that PS4 game I’m apparently playing, and apparently your knowledge of this sport, hence the trip down the rabbit hole of childish internet trolling.