Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

25 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Why do you dislike one of the most successful heavy weight boxers in British history.

hope you are enjoying the fight

Fight was ok. What’s success got to do with being likeable, you didn’t support MU in the early 00s and switch to Leicester when we won the title did you?  

42 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Fight was ok. What’s success got to do with being likeable, you didn’t support MU in the early 00s and switch to Leicester when we won the title did you?  

Well no I’m from Leicester. As I am from the UK I therefore support all british boxers, from Gary Cornish to Lennox Lewis, when they are fighting all over seas opponents, and I appreciate the ones who succeed, just like I prefer the over antagonistic Jamie Vardy over the much less offensive Martyn Waghorn. 

I also didn’t stop supporting us when we signed Dennis Wise or three of our players were caught racially abusing Thai proses.

But you still haven’t answered my question, why do you dislike him.

54 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Emphatic win against a seasoned fighter with a very good record.

Impressive performance really.

Yeah really was, Andy caught him coming in with a well placed punch but Andy is a very good fighter and AJ wins that fight 9/10 it was just boxing, there is only one fighter everyone wants to see him in with and hopefully it gets done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

The commentator on my stream wasn’t sure whether it was from Rocky 2 or 4 obviously have no clue about boxing lol

Yeah and while I’ll say his lack of knowledge on boxing films is not a reflection on his knowledge of the sport, that was expert analyst Sergio Mora who plumped for Rocky 2 in the end.

Thats a former world champion, who rose to fame by winning an American reality boxing show called the contender.

Which was hosted by Sly Stallone 🙈

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

Really can't wait for Tyson to dismantle him bit by bit, it'll be a hell of a beating. I dislike very few British boxers and tonight I absolutely wanted AJ to win but I do dislike him as a person. I used to really like him but somewhere along the road he became a bit of a twat. Fury the polar opposite, used to think the bloke was an idiot but somewhere along the line he grew on me and now I really like him. But even without the bias I just don't see how AJ copes with Fury barring that one crazy shot heavyweight boxing always has the possibility of producing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Really can't wait for Tyson to dismantle him bit by bit, it'll be a hell of a beating. I dislike very few British boxers and tonight I absolutely wanted AJ to win but I do dislike him as a person. I used to really like him but somewhere along the road he became a bit of a twat. Fury the polar opposite, used to think the bloke was an idiot but somewhere along the line he grew on me and now I really like him. But even without the bias I just don't see how AJ copes with Fury barring that one crazy shot heavyweight boxing always has the possibility of producing.

I’d be amazed if it was as cut and dry as this, AJ seems to have added an extra dimension since his defeat. He boxes on the back foot well and his movement has improved. In Ruiz mk2 that seemed to take away his potency on the attack but not tonight. I think there is every chance he could trouble Fury and I can no longer call it.

I think we are in for one hell of a show and I really cannot wait.

This is what boxing is all about for me. 🙂

It does amaze me what I see on social media regarding Fury and he's now suddenly considered as this huge puncher that is going to walk through Joshua and stop him whenever he wants. 

Lets get it right, before the Wilder fight he was widely considered as a incredible technical boxer with very little power for a top Heavyweight and I think the manner of the defeat against Wilder raises more questions about Wilder's level than anything rather than Fury suddenly having dynamite fists.

Edited by leicesterisme
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

It does amaze me what I see on social media regarding Fury and he's now suddenly considered as this huge puncher that is going to walk through Joshua and stop him whenever he wants. 

Lets get it right, before the Wilder fight he was widely considered as a incredible technical boxer with very little power for a top Heavyweight and I think the manner of the defeat against Wilder raises more questions about Wilder's level than anything rather than Fury suddenly having dynamite fists.

Don't think anyone who knows anything about boxing considers Fury a huge hitter. He's still a heavyweight though and AJ's hardly known to have a granite chin. I think it'll be the boxing smarts that win it for Fury, I hope so anyway

7 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

So many times fury have proven people wrong so many times people wrote fury off, it’s going to be the same with A J, fury is without a doubt the better boxer, yes it’s heavyweight and anything can happen, but I think he will beat AJ with his set of skills, 

It would just be typical of fury to knock AJ out, but still people would say he can’t punch or blame AJs chin! 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't think anyone who knows anything about boxing considers Fury a huge hitter. He's still a heavyweight though and AJ's hardly known to have a granite chin. I think it'll be the boxing smarts that win it for Fury, I hope so anyway

No he doesn’t have a 100% knock out no, but he doesn’t have pillow fists neither, he still has 75% knockout (man he nearly knocked him self out🤣🤣🤣🤣), but that 25% he doesn’t knock people out, he makes up for it in his pure class  defensive technique, like I said earlier everyone will bang on saying this fight will only end in two ways  either AJ Knockout or fury points, I reckon fury will once again upset the Apple cart, and knock AJ out, it would absolutely make my day if he does to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

No he doesn’t have a 100% knock out no, but he doesn’t have pillow fists neither, he still has 75% knockout (man he nearly knocked him self out🤣🤣🤣🤣), but that 25% he doesn’t knock people out, he makes up for it in his pure class  defensive technique, like I said earlier everyone will bang on saying this fight will only end in two ways  either AJ Knockout or fury points, I reckon fury will once again upset the Apple cart, and knock AJ out, it would absolutely make my day if he does to.

I really hope so mate. In a weird way I'd love to see him outbox AJ for 12 rounds 

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well no I’m from Leicester. As I am from the UK I therefore support all british boxers, from Gary Cornish to Lennox Lewis, when they are fighting all over seas opponents, and I appreciate the ones who succeed, just like I prefer the over antagonistic Jamie Vardy over the much less offensive Martyn Waghorn. 

I also didn’t stop supporting us when we signed Dennis Wise or three of our players were caught racially abusing Thai proses.

But you still haven’t answered my question, why do you dislike him.

He’s false, I’d much prefer a bluntly honest Dillian Whyte.

• Like 1