Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I like both, would prefer a Fury win but would be happy for AJ if he won.

I’ll just be happy to see it signed tbh.

I can see the price being astronomical and streaming practically impossible but if they can do the business with a stacked under card it could well be the biggest boxing show we’ll get in our lifetime

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ll just be happy to see it signed tbh.

I can see the price being astronomical and streaming practically impossible but if they can do the business with a stacked under card it could well be the biggest boxing show we’ll get in our lifetime

Bigger than 1966 says Warren

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If this is signed and the undercard is good I'd happily pay a reasonable price for it. Just get the feeling it'll be like khan in the Khan v Brook nonsense, with AJ making unrealistic demands and the like. 

No problem with the 50/50 split from either party apparently.

Two main issues are Usyks mandatory WBO title shot on the Matchroom side and Wilder taking legal action in regards to his contracted rematch with Fury on the Top Rank side. 

If you’re Uysk, do you step aside if this happens in April / May and just let everyone get the right for all 4 titles? 

It’d be a shame if AJ had to drop the title. 

I suppose the issue you have, is that Uysk might then need to wait 12 months for his next word title fight, if they have a “best of three” series. They’ll definitely be a rematch clause. 

Wilder is an interesting one. In theory, Fury beat him twice. If a third fight happens, it surely won’t be in the US. Fury has never had a professional fight in Europe (I don’t think). Would they be able to make it in the UK? I’m not sure anyone wants to see it. Here or in the US. If Wildwr were to win, the AJ fight will never happen.

It’ll be like Bowe / Lewis all over again. Maybe we’ll get an “exhibition” fight from them though.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Must be something else as last time I checked there’s no such thing as county boxing, much like that PS4 game I’m apparently playing, and apparently your knowledge of this sport, hence the trip down the rabbit hole of childish internet trolling.

When did you last check? 

I never usually pay PPV for boxing, think I did for Froch/Groves at Wembley and that's it. I'll happily pay £50 for Fury-AJ (Hopefully it will be a little less than that though). Think Fury does him 9 times out of 10. Hopefully Uysk and Wilder don't deny us.

Can I say again at this point just how ridiculous the concept of the different "world titles" by organisation is in boxing, especially when it gets in the way of a fight that is in demand by the vast majority of the paying crowd?

Makes something of a mockery of the whole idea of who the "best" is.

30 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Can I say again at this point just how ridiculous the concept of the different "world titles" by organisation is in boxing, especially when it gets in the way of a fight that is in demand by the vast majority of the paying crowd?

Makes something of a mockery of the whole idea of who the "best" is.

There's a proposal for a new weight too ! Bridgerweight. For the 'lighter' Heavyweights to squeeze into. 

I'm sure Pablo has more info on this 

On 13/12/2020 at 04:06, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Really can't wait for Tyson to dismantle him bit by bit, it'll be a hell of a beating. I dislike very few British boxers and tonight I absolutely wanted AJ to win but I do dislike him as a person. I used to really like him but somewhere along the road he became a bit of a twat. Fury the polar opposite, used to think the bloke was an idiot but somewhere along the line he grew on me and now I really like him. But even without the bias I just don't see how AJ copes with Fury barring that one crazy shot heavyweight boxing always has the possibility of producing.

Why do people Need to Risikos or like of our Sporting people...Why Not just Enjoy their success in getting to a top competitive status...

AJ..or. TF ....Its going to be a British Boxing story, 2 guys,with their individual Sporting characteristics & presented Front personalities...

Whats like or dislike got to do with it...!!

7 hours ago, LVocey said:

I never usually pay PPV for boxing, think I did for Froch/Groves at Wembley and that's it. I'll happily pay £50 for Fury-AJ (Hopefully it will be a little less than that though). Think Fury does him 9 times out of 10. Hopefully Uysk and Wilder don't deny us.

It would be at least 50 bar for that fight I imagine the way it seems to be going. Worth every penny though you’d like to think. 

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

It would be at least 50 bar for that fight I imagine the way it seems to be going. Worth every penny though you’d like to think. 

Hearn has said £30 in interviews, but then again he also said £25 for Joshua v Ruiz was a one-off, and then charged the same for the Pulev fight (Or Sky did).

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

Hearn has said £30 in interviews, but then again he also said £25 for Joshua v Ruiz was a one-off, and then charged the same for the Pulev fight (Or Sky did).

I suppose at the end of the day he’s got to make a call on how much he thinks people are willing to pay, and he’s a clever bloke so he’ll squeeze as much as he can out of it. This would be what you’d call a super fight isn’t it and buys from within the UK would be massive you’d like to think if you were him. Even if it’s in Saudi (dunno where it will be but I’ve heard Saudi in passing) I think that puts the fight on at an acceptable time for British audiences as well so it lends itself to marketing it at a higher price. I don’t think many would moan if it was over £35, touching £50 for this particular fight but I think it would have to be very much a one off. 

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont get this obsession with the belts, they mean **** all really, nobody is going into this fight arsed about fury holding them all its about 2 superstars coming to blows

I thought it was all about being the undisputed heavyweight champion on the world.

But maybe I’m just being romantically naive :dunno:

5 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

There's a proposal for a new weight too ! Bridgerweight. For the 'lighter' Heavyweights to squeeze into. 

I'm sure Pablo has more info on this 

Think it’s a WBC thing that sits between cruiser and heavy as you say, Ive not heard about anyone other of the other governing bodies looking at implementing it though.

Apparently Bellew is advising them on it 🙈

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont get this obsession with the belts, they mean **** all really, nobody is going into this fight arsed about fury holding them all its about 2 superstars coming to blows

Being world champion is a massive achievement for any professional boxer.

You are probably right in regards to this fight though as it’s that big it’s probably bigger than the belts themselves. It’d be nice if it was for the undisputed title but it’s not going to sell significantly, if any, less PPV buys without the WBO involved.

Which is why Hearn is calling their bluff and telling them if they don’t want be on board it’s their loss. I think regardless whatever happens with it it won’t stop the fight going ahead. Either the WBO get onboard or Joshua will vacate.

Wilder is the real problem, hopefully they will just settle out of court.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Being world champion is a massive achievement for any professional boxer.

You are probably right in regards to this fight though as it’s that big it’s probably bigger than the belts themselves. It’d be nice if it was for the undisputed title but it’s not going to sell significantly, if any, less PPV buys without the WBO involved.

Which is why Hearn is calling their bluff and telling them if they don’t want be on board it’s their loss. I think regardless whatever happens with it it won’t stop the fight going ahead. Either the WBO get onboard or Joshua will vacate.

Wilder is the real problem, hopefully they will just settle out of court.

Yeah im not disregarding the belts in terms of winning them, winning that world title takes you to thst next level.but once you win them and are on the level of a joshua you're simply bigger than the belt it becomes more about legacy nobody is gonna remember joshua retaining the belts against pulev, but they will remember joshua knocking out fury even without any belts on the line , especially with a fight like this to as Fury never lost those belts either and is the lineal heavyweight champion, isn't a belt but means more than keeping them through politics . One of two being vacated doesn't stop the winner of this fight being the man in heavyweight boxing.  Fighters need to start just ****ing the mandatory off and just saying this fight is happening to stop this bollocks politics being used to duck opponents. 

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah im not disregarding the belts in terms of winning them, winning that world title takes you to thst next level.but once you win them and are on the level of a joshua you're simply bigger than the belt it becomes more about legacy nobody is gonna remember joshua retaining the belts against pulev, but they will remember joshua knocking out fury even without any belts on the line , especially with a fight like this to as Fury never lost those belts either and is the lineal heavyweight champion, isn't a belt but means more than keeping them through politics . One of two being vacated doesn't stop the winner of this fight being the man in heavyweight boxing.  Fighters need to start just ****ing the mandatory off and just saying this fight is happening to stop this bollocks politics being used to duck opponents. 

That’s what’ll happen here if it comes down to it.

The issue like I say is Wilder taking legal action and that’s a contractual issue that doesn’t have anything to do with the WBC, as far as they are concerned Wilder missed his activation clause date and Whyte got ironed out by Povetkin who himself has a contractual rematch and Covid complications so the Fury Joshua fight is what they want.

On 15/12/2020 at 05:32, Sly said:

If you’re Uysk, do you step aside if this happens in April / May and just let everyone get the right for all 4 titles? 

It’d be a shame if AJ had to drop the title. 

I suppose the issue you have, is that Uysk might then need to wait 12 months for his next word title fight, if they have a “best of three” series. They’ll definitely be a rematch clause. 

Wilder is an interesting one. In theory, Fury beat him twice. If a third fight happens, it surely won’t be in the US. Fury has never had a professional fight in Europe (I don’t think). Would they be able to make it in the UK? I’m not sure anyone wants to see it. Here or in the US. If Wildwr were to win, the AJ fight will never happen.

It’ll be like Bowe / Lewis all over again. Maybe we’ll get an “exhibition” fight from them though.

Fury never fought in Europe??? Or you mean wilder.? 

Both have.

Wilder v Harrison 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tylesta said:

Fury never fought in Europe??? Or you mean wilder.? 

Both have.

Wilder v Harrison 

Sorry, I meant Wilder. I couldn’t think of a fight he’d had outside of the America Mexico. 

How did I forget this :

I mean, half of those were wild swinging haymakers! 😂 

Edited by Sly