Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Whilst it might turn out that Usyk will lack power to be a heavyweight, think the people making that claim after one decision result at heavyweight are a bit nuts. 

Especially given half of you are probably Tyson "Pillow Fists" Fury fans, a man whose whole MO is using his agility to win by decision. 

Fury, Vitali Klitschko, Pulev and Dillian Whyte have all had points wins against Chisora, its not like he's got a shit chin and the whole division has knocked him out. 

Just the usual knee jerk reactionaries trying to make out someone is shit because they're popular with the press. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Whilst it might turn out that Usyk will lack power to be a heavyweight, think the people making that claim after one decision result at heavyweight are a bit nuts. 

Especially given half of you are probably Tyson "Pillow Fists" Fury fans, a man whose whole MO is using his agility to win by decision. 

Fury, Vitali Klitschko, Pulev and Dillian Whyte have all had points wins against Chisora, its not like he's got a shit chin and the whole division has knocked him out. 

Just the usual knee jerk reactionaries trying to make out someone is shit because they're popular with the press. 

Don’t know what it is about boxing and the desperation to call them shit or overrated.

Usyk cruises against Chisora but just doesn’t carry the power to knock out a big heavyweight.

As for Wilder, what a bell end. Wait until the rematch contract expires and then call out Fury to save face. 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Especially given half of you are probably Tyson "Pillow Fists" Fury fans, a man whose whole MO is using his agility to win by decision

I think only 4-5 of his last 15 fights have gone the distance..

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Any chance Brook wins tonight/tomorrow? Tempted to get up for it 

Would love Brook to win, it has to be his last chance to get his hands on a word title. I think Brook need to stop Crawford to win, no way he wins on points. 

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mans an idiot for ever getting in with Glolovkin. It’s practically ended his 

100% this. He has balls though he has been in with some elite fighters and come up short. He should retire now though.

Now they're both well past their prime the money will still be huge for Khan v Brook, bound to happen even if they're both 50 by the time it gets agreed. Makes sense for both of them, do it at Wembley next year when crowds are allowed back in, one last massive payday, both retire then come out of retirement the next year for another massive payday for the rematch. Not a fight I'm interested in now, shame they couldn't get their shit together 5 years ago but think, reading between the lines l, Khan is the one that's scuppered it time and again. 

On 15/11/2020 at 11:41, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Now they're both well past their prime the money will still be huge for Khan v Brook, bound to happen even if they're both 50 by the time it gets agreed. Makes sense for both of them, do it at Wembley next year when crowds are allowed back in, one last massive payday, both retire then come out of retirement the next year for another massive payday for the rematch. Not a fight I'm interested in now, shame they couldn't get their shit together 5 years ago but think, reading between the lines l, Khan is the one that's scuppered it time and again. 

Yeah Khan knew Brook would beat him silly and didnt want to ruin his 'brand value' as a result.

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I noticed Dave Allen has retired.

Really strange, but I think he's lost his nerve. Only earlier this week, he wanted to fight for the British once Dubois vacated.

Was due to fight Hammer / Lovejoy on Halloween and then they both fell through. Then he was supposed to fight an 8 rounder this Saturday, but it seems he's just lost the passion and is afraid of getting sparked out by Babic or Wardley down the line. It's fair enough, but seems a waste when he's been out sparring Usyk and is in great shape. 

Sad end for him really, but he's only 28 so may be back. Once you lose your nerve, it's game over though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really strange, but I think he's lost his nerve. Only earlier this week, he wanted to fight for the British once Dubois vacated.

Was due to fight Hammer / Lovejoy on Halloween and then they both fell through. Then he was supposed to fight an 8 rounder this Saturday, but it seems he's just lost the passion and is afraid of getting sparked out by Babic or Wardley down the line. It's fair enough, but seems a waste when he's been out sparring Usyk and is in great shape. 

Sad end for him really, but he's only 28 so may be back. Once you lose your nerve, it's game over though.

Said earlier on that Usyk sparked him in sparring and left him concussed so he’s just decided to leave it. I mean...as a professional boxer surely you prepare yourself for that to happen and you wouldn’t walk away as soon as it does happen, but who knows what’s going on in his head. 

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Said earlier on that Usyk sparked him in sparring and left him concussed so he’s just decided to leave it. I mean...as a professional boxer surely you prepare yourself for that to happen and you wouldn’t walk away as soon as it does happen, but who knows what’s going on in his head.