Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

I know he's yet to score for us, but I'm not concerned about that as goals come & go for forwards, but since joining us he has no form with every other aspect of his game. He has no touch, when a ball comes to him it bounces 10yrds off him resulting in our attacks breaking down & the opposition having an attack, his positioning & anticipation is off and today we'd have been better served by a player with form, Schlupp, on the bench, or even Schlupp on the pitch & Vassell on the bench.

Beckford looks like he needs to find his game on the training ground.

Not going negative on him, I have no doubt he'll be awesome over the season doubly so when on fine form, but looking at his game at the moment for me he needs to take a step sideways in order to take two steps forward.

I don't feel he's had a good run in the team & it hasn't been easy for him. The circumstances of his transfer, with him being sold to us rather than him wanting to come here. He has played in games where the team as a whole has not played well, he hasn't played alongside Nugent & had he been available against Derby - he may have been able to get off the mark.

I'm going to reserve judgement on him until he has had a fair crack of the whip.

Their second goal was a result of him hesitating to shoot, and trying to pass it around the 6 yard box instead. Just seems to switch off sometimes, and like today, it cost us. We had so many bodies up front at that moment in time, giving the ball away just left us open to a counter attack.

When Beckford was at Leeds, it was his partnership with Becchio that brought him goals by the plentiful. At the moment, he looks more like a fish out of water. The casualness of his 'shot' at goal? (or to a passingcloud, plane, whatever,) near the end of today's game was rather disconcerting.

I would like to see greater evidence of genuine commitment in his play, as perceived inthe slogan 'Foxes Never Quit''

So, if we are to get the best out of Beckford, should we tryto sign up Becchio who doesn't seem to get a regular starting place in theLeeds line-up but comes on a sub. We could worse and without goals, Beckfordwill become more and more frustrated.

you have to ask yourself why did everton sell him in the first place! My opinion of him today is that he is a turn up and get paid player just like dj campbell! why we didn`t go back in for yakubu when we had the chance ill never no! not impressed with beckford so far....!

you have to ask yourself why did everton sell him in the first place! My opinion of him today is that he is a turn up and get paid player just like dj campbell! why we didn`t go back in for yakubu when we had the chance ill never no! not impressed with beckford so far....!

We went for the Yak but he demanded something crazy like 70-90k a week.

All beckford has done so far is turn up get paid! why we didn`t go in for yakubu when he proved he could do in this league ill never know!

FFS he's had about 5 games.

And in almost 50% of his games Yakubu did simply just turn up, stand around on the pitch and get paid. Funny how people forget that.

But I'd rather not get into that debate, the point is Yakubu didn't want to be here and Beckford is here, he's had **** all service and we knew he needed it.

Not writing him off already surely?

Agree with cc star , total poor application in every aspect of his game at the minute and if like some say the service to him is poor then sometimes a player may have to go and make things start to happen himself .

I don't think he's fully fit. Hasn't been since we've had him.

This is playing a part I feel, especially in the first couple of matches he played he was on the receiving end of some strong challenges which won't have helped.

When the rest of te team starts playing well I'm

Sure he'll get goals. Personally I think we need to play 4-3-3 as Sven clearly wanted to from the start. The 4-4-2 diamond has done a job admittedly but it's not a formation were going to be able to rely on as shown today.

I think 4-3-3 with any of Vassell, Schlupp, Nugent, Beckford, Dyer would be scary for any defence. And the defenders know what they're doing now (overall) so why not give it a go.

I thought he was very good against Brighton, then got injured, then admittedly wasn't that good whilst we had 10 men and no clue for about 25 minutes or so today.

Oh no he must be shit, sell up now.

Archived