Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

It's not a vicous circle, we supported him for the first few games but he showed no committment and now our promotion charge is in the shit.

He does deserve to be singled out. He needs to learn that this is a 2 way street, if you **** around with the fans, they're going to piss you off too.

And it's his fault our 'promotion charge' is in the shit is it? We haven't even looked like threatening the promotion spots this season, even before Beckford was at the club.

We're never going to see eye to eye on this, mainly because you think it's acceptable to boo a player and I never will.

Ive said it before hes a shitter version of Yakubu. Atleast Yakubu made up for being lazy by scoring goals. Whats Beckford done? Sweet FA. This is the time we need Beckford to step up to the plate and instead all we seem to hear is "Oh and Beckford didnt even try to jump for that header". Biggest waste of money ever - I dont see him improving.

The trouble with Beckford is he is desperately low on confidence - you can tell that by the fact when he is passed the ball he wants to kick it away all the time. This is started from the day Everton told him he was not wanted. The new manager (hopefully Davies / Hughes or Poyet) needs to show him some love and tell him he's good... Then the fans need to show him some love... Then jobs a good'en!!

And it's his fault our 'promotion charge' is in the shit is it? We haven't even looked like threatening the promotion spots this season, even before Beckford was at the club.

We're never going to see eye to eye on this, mainly because you think it's acceptable to boo a player and I never will.

Well he's negatively contributing towards it, so partly yes.

Fine, let Beckford take you for a twat, if that makes you feel good about yourself.

I'll support every player, no matter how crap they are, if they try. Not trying and having a bad attitude crosses the line though, that is never acceptable and you fall out of favour with me when that happens.

He's got a lot of work to do to get back on my, and a lot of other fans side now.

Booing him when he walks off makes no difference to the team in that game. In fact I bet most of his teammates want to do the same.

Get a grip? He needs to get a grip.

I couldn't care less whether it helps him or not, supporting him didn't help him either so maybe it's worth trying something else to see if it gets a reaction, if not at least it will piss him off.

Maybe if he wants to justify not getting booed he should prove a point and get his arse in gear!

But I expect him to sulk as usual.

But it could affect his morale, which could affect the whole teams morale and future performances.

Booing him off isn't going to do anything positive, and we need positivity.

Booing him when he walks off makes no difference to the team in that game. In fact I bet most of his teammates want to do the same.

I couldn't care less whether it helps him or not, supporting him didn't help him either so maybe it's worth trying something else to see if it gets a reaction, if not at least it will piss him off.

Maybe if he wants to justify not getting booed he should prove a point and get his arse in gear!

Your posts are just annoying now for the amount of negativity! Or as you call it, 'honesty'.

Negative_Thinking.jpg

I think you've jumped the shark.

Booing him when he walks off is going to do no good to his attitude and confidence, which will have a knock-on effect in future games. Also do you not think that seeing a team-mate booed off by your own fans might not be best for the confidence of the rest of the team either?

I agree with Col City Fan - he is a decent enough striker but his attitude at the moment just stinks, we need the new manager to get him under control and focus his attitude in a more positive way.

But it could affect his morale, which could affect the whole teams morale and future performances.

Like I said, I should think the players want to boo him too, considering the amount of stick he got from them today for not pulling his weight. I don't see how booing him affects their morale.

Booing him off isn't going to do anything positive? How do you know that? You state that as if it were fact. It may very well give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Your posts are just annoying now for the amount of negativity! Or as you call it, 'honesty'.

Negative_Thinking.jpg

I'd love to hear you defend Beckford, I really would.

I'd never boo anyone off or chant another player's name to get them on. But I really was close today. Fair enough we may not be playing to Beckford's strengths, he may be low on confidence, BUT that doesn't excuse his complete lack of effort or his attitude which on today's performance looks potentially destructive.

Needs a good man manager to restore his confidence and give him some swagger back. Otherwise he won't be here long.

I don't like to boo our players. I remember Keith Gillespie getting booed off about 7 or 8 years ago at the Walkers and it was horrible. But in this case I felt I had to make an exception.

Beckford deserved the booing he got and his response to it was typical. He couldn't have showed the fans and his fellow players any more contempt if he tried.

Delighted other people around me were also doing it.

Like I said, I should think the players want to boo him too, considering the amount of stick he got from them today for not pulling his weight. I don't see how booing him affects their morale.

Booing him off isn't going to do anything positive? How do you know that? You state that as if it were fact. It may very well give him the kick up the arse he needs.

I'd love to hear you defend Beckford, I really would.

How is it then? If it was anyone else other than Beckford I'd actually maybe consider what you're saying to be half of a valid point. Did you see his reaction to Stowell? And then slamming about? Yeah, well positive.

I'm not gonna defend beckford because he's not cutting it yet. i don't know why you've brought that up because I never said he'd been good.

Carry on talking out of your bottom if you wish.

I gave him stick all through the game, as it was clear he wasnt really trying. Reminded me of Bednar last year at Millwall, wasnt remotely bothered. Deserved the boos today.

Exactly what I said (re Bednar).

I don't like to boo our players. I remember Keith Gillespie getting booed off about 7 or 8 years ago at the Walkers and it was horrible. But in this case I felt I had to make an exception.

Beckford deserved the booing he got and his response to it was typical. He couldn't have showed the fans and his fellow players any more contempt if he tried.

Delighted other people around me were also doing it.

What was his response?

I agree with Col City Fan - he is a decent enough striker but his attitude at the moment just stinks, we need the new manager to get him under control and focus his attitude in a more positive way.

How many managers do you think might be enough :D ?

Bloody hell Bert...

Football is a tough old game, not a kindergarten!

Of course we need to generate confidence in the squad ( and in the whole club at present), but what Beckford needs is a kick up the arse and told either to put the effort in or to **** off..

He frankly needs a good talking to by a bloke adept in

discipline and motivational skills to get his bloody head together.

Then again, I don't single out Beckford here.. Danns also had not been playing anywhere near to potential. And when I say the new boss needs to go and get his fookin mobile off him I meant it...

The introduction of a manager with the correct personality will work wonders on this squad IMO.. Some of them need a

shake up.. And soon.. We are rapidly losing ground

Ps Bert .. You're a legend in these parts do I didn't mean to be rude... I just think the time for softly softly is over.. I hope the new manager is a tough ol bastard

The bloke needs to realise how privileged he is to be earning in a week more than what some on here earn in a year.

Effort and interest are the minimum requirements. If he gives those but has a bad game I won't grumble.

I've not been one of Howard's biggest fans but despite not even making the squad on most matchdays what an example he's shown to Beckford when given his opportunity this season.

How many managers do you think might be enough :D ?

huh?

It could be a difficult one though - he needs someone who won't suffer fools lightly but is happy to let players express themselves on the pitch. On paper that should be an easy combination but I can't think of any manager who combines the two to any real effect and is a possible target.

Archived