Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

When the rest of te team starts playing well I'm

Sure he'll get goals. Personally I think we need to play 4-3-3 as Sven clearly wanted to from the start. The 4-4-2 diamond has done a job admittedly but it's not a formation were going to be able to rely on as shown today.

I think 4-3-3 with any of Vassell, Schlupp, Nugent, Beckford, Dyer would be scary for any defence. And the defenders know what they're doing now (overall) so why not give it a go.

:rolleyes:

:mad:

I thought he was very good against Brighton, then got injured, then admittedly wasn't that good whilst we had 10 men and no clue for about 25 minutes or so today.

Oh no he must be shit, sell up now.

His class was obvious to see at Barnsley as well. But he needs time to settle before he can be judged.

I don't know what people are expecting of him. He's not going to have a brilliant touch (if he did he wouldn't have worked his way all the way down to non-league and Everton wouldn't have sold him), he's not going to hound defenders and put tackles in. But he is, a goalscorer. He's one of those that will do nothing but then stick a chance away when it pops up, in the same manner as Yakubu.

He's maybe not as immobile as Yakubu, and might not create as many opportunities for himself, but he's there to put chances away and to capitalise on opportunities to score goals. When these opportunities are created for him I'm certain he'll show his worth. It might be frustrating that he's not as good technically as we might have hoped, or that he seems disinterested, but when the chances come his way, the goals will follow. And I couldn't care if they come with his arse, or if his touch is terrible, or if he looks like he doesn't enjoy scoring those goals. They will be goals. And what he needs now is a little time, a little patience and a bit of service.

Jermaine Beckford is a quality player and if he is fed with quality service (fat chance of that) he will score goals. he is a pure goalscorer.

The yak wasnt so much tempted by the wages at Blackburn.....more so by the prospect of the man of the match award being given in chicken.

I don't think he's fully fit. Hasn't been since we've had him.

Care to elaborate? Why is he playing then?

:rolleyes:

:mad:

Don't hold back, say what you really think.......:thumbup:

He's started shit.

Giving him time, but I've been massively unimpressed so far.

He has neen stuck up front, little support, and nothing but long balls to chase, if i was him I would pretty unimpressed too.....:thumbup:

He has neen stuck up front, little support, and nothing but long balls to chase, if i was him I would pretty unimpressed too.....:thumbup:

Very true. But then again, hasn't Nugent had this crap? He's made ten times more of it than Beckford has.

Personally I did think we paid over the top for him. That is not just judging him from his time at Leicester. He didn't do anything in the Championship before, scored a lot of goals at League 1 level, got a chance to play in a good squad, with a big club in the Premier League, and managed to grab something like 8 goals.

At times, he doesn't look bothered. He got service from Wellens, and his first touch let him down.

I would like to see Nugent and Beckford up front against Watford though.

I think our fans jump far too easily on players' backs. Give him a chance. He played pretty well in his first two games, less so in his third but he was carrying an injury, and then came on at 1-0 down and with a man down. Hardly the best circumstances.

He'll be fine if people are patient.

I know he's yet to score for us, but I'm not concerned about that as goals come & go for forwards, but since joining us he has no form with every other aspect of his game. He has no touch, when a ball comes to him it bounces 10yrds off him resulting in our attacks breaking down & the opposition having an attack, his positioning & anticipation is off and today we'd have been better served by a player with form, Schlupp, on the bench, or even Schlupp on the pitch & Vassell on the bench.

Beckford looks like he needs to find his game on the training ground.

Not going negative on him, I have no doubt he'll be awesome over the season doubly so when on fine form, but looking at his game at the moment for me he needs to take a step sideways in order to take two steps forward.

Leeds fan here.

Hate to dissapoint you but Beckford has no 1st touch, isn't much of a team player and if he's not scoring does bugger all. Will still score a hatful (well did in league 1 anyway) but his goals tend to come out of nothing and the other aspects of his game aren't great hence why he wasn't so popular at Leeds despite his great scoring record.

Very true. But then again, hasn't Nugent had this crap? He's made ten times more of it than Beckford has.

Different players, Nugent is a willing runner as we saw on saturday, Beckford more of a poacher. When Nugent was out, Beckford led the line pretty much on his own in what was virtually a 4-5-1.

The ball was just lumped up to him and he had to fight against big Championship defenders, he is not that physical and was battered for two or three games in a row. Not surprising he looked fed up.

Personally I did think we paid over the top for him. That is not just judging him from his time at Leicester. He didn't do anything in the Championship before, scored a lot of goals at League 1 level, got a chance to play in a good squad, with a big club in the Premier League, and managed to grab something like 8 goals.

At times, he doesn't look bothered. He got service from Wellens, and his first touch let him down.

I would like to see Nugent and Beckford up front against Watford though.

£2.5M for Beckford is over the top? The fee does rise to around £4M though, Everton might never get the extra £1.5M for him....

We went for the Yak but he demanded something crazy like 70-90k a week.

Rubbish

We went for the Yak & when he saw us courting numerous other forwards he felt his future would be better elsewhere.

Sven felt there was players around who could off more to the team as a whole other than goals & in CMS, Maynard etc there probably is, whether Beckford is too remains to be seen.

£2.5M for Beckford is over the top?

I said it, so I'll stick buy it. I hope he proves me wrong, and only time will tell, but some of the feedback from Leeds and Everton arn't that good which scares me abit; [see below]

Hate to dissapoint you but Beckford has no 1st touch, isn't much of a team player and if he's not scoring does bugger all.

Does anyone think we might some serious commitment problems here? If he dropped down a division to double his wages it's a pretty bad indacation of where his mind is.

Does anyone think we might some serious commitment problems here? If he dropped down a division to double his wages it's a pretty bad indacation of where his mind is.

Good point, true. And something I see with Beckford is he doesn't look interested some times, and I know, Everton and Leeds fans say he often looks uninterested when he doesn't have the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I know he's yet to score for us, but I'm not concerned about that as goals come & go for forwards, but since joining us he has no form with every other aspect of his game. He has no touch, when a ball comes to him it bounces 10yrds off him resulting in our attacks breaking down & the opposition having an attack, his positioning & anticipation is off and today we'd have been better served by a player with form, Schlupp, on the bench, or even Schlupp on the pitch & Vassell on the bench.

Beckford looks like he needs to find his game on the training ground.

Not going negative on him, I have no doubt he'll be awesome over the season doubly so when on fine form, but looking at his game at the moment for me he needs to take a step sideways in order to take two steps forward.

I didn't go negative on him a few weeks ago when I raised the point

But wow... he is utter shit, total garbage... if we gave him away on a free today I'd be happy

Schlupp must be gutted to have some form & be amongst the goals and be behind this joker

Beckford needs dropping faster than your mums knickers

I didn't go negative on him a few weeks ago when I raised the point

But wow... he is utter shit, total garbage... if we gave him away on a free today I'd be happy

Schlupp must be gutted to have some form & be amongst the goals and be behind this joker

Beckford needs dropping faster than your mums knickers

He's been a disgrace, no doubt.

If he was on loan he'd have been sent back early.

I was happy when we bought him but he's performing worse than I could have possibly expected.

Howard in for him is a no brainer.

lets give the guy a chance first before writing him off

Not another of those "let's give him a chance, then another chance and another," just because he cost a lot of dough.....

I've made bad deals before and soon learned to accept it and cut my losses as fast as possible. City should do the same.

Archived