Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

Another Leeds Fan

The lad is talented but he thrives on support form fans and manager or he spits his dummy out,he dont like being substituted and has the occasional lapse in discipline.

However he is exceptionally quick and does score a lot of goals, he does require service and will miss more than he scores.....

You did pay the market value for him but you need to give him time for him to settle we had to ship him out on loan before he turned good for us.

Getting on his back and not starting him will not encourage him he has a massive ego and you need yo stick with him a new manager will get the best out of him still one of my bets for going up good luck.

He's fooked with City fans then!!!

I think Beckford will be better under Pearson.

Pearson likes a big man; look at when he played Howard and for Hull he brought and played Adebola. This means that if Nigel then picks him; Beckford will have support through a big man like he had Becchio at Leeds to support him. Beckford will play off of Howard and it may suite us, especially on the counter away from home.

Under Sven, Beckford had no support. The wide men were always too far away from him.

I am confident Beckford will score and score, then the Beckford boo boys might change their minds.

Pearson likes a big man; look at when he played Howard and for Hull he brought and played Adebola. This means that if Nigel then picks him; Beckford will have support through a big man like he had Becchio at Leeds to support him. Beckford will play off of Howard and it may suite us, especially on the counter away from home.

If Pearson is considering playing that lumbering oaf then we can forget playoffs. All this money and we're still playing him at this level, it's laughable.

I think Beckford will be better under Pearson.

Under Sven, Beckford had no support. The wide men were always too far away from him.

I am confident Beckford will score and score, then the Beckford boo boys might change their minds.

That means no place for Nugent?? Fook that !

If Pearson is considering playing that lumbering oaf then we can forget playoffs.

I think Nigel Pearson will play Howard, as before when he was here.

I don't think Howard is a 'lumbering oaf'. Howard is our plan B, he offers something that none of our other strikers cannot offer us, and can change a game.

We were playing 4-4-2 so he was playing with a partner…

Anyway if we do bring in a big man he would be partnered with Nugent atm which would leave Beckford third choice at best.

I don't think Howard is a 'lumbering oaf'. Howard is our plan B, he offers something that none of our other strikers cannot offer us, and can change a game.

I'm sure Nugent and Beckford could throw themselves on the floor and wave their arms in the air at every opportunity if they wished to.

Even Pearson realised Kermorgant was a better option a season and a half ago, and quite frankly I can't watch him anymore I've had enough of his antics.

Impact sub for 10 minutes at best, if we're desperate.

If Pearson is considering playing that lumbering oaf then we can forget playoffs. All this money and we're still playing him at this level, it's laughable.

John Carew in my eyes is probably the only better player at this level at the job hes asked to do upfront.

I'm sure Nugent and Beckford could throw themselves on the floor and wave their arms in the air at every opportunity if they wished to.

Even Pearson realised Kermorgant was a better option a season and a half ago, and quite frankly I can't watch him anymore I've had enough of his antics.

Impact sub for 10 minutes at best, if we're desperate.

Nugent, Beckford, Schlupp etc cannot hold the ball up, are not suitable target men although Nugent is good in the air. Howard can shove defenders and can rough up defenders which is something the other strikers cannot do.

Impact sub for more than 10 minutes in my opinion, look at West Ham as an example where he near enough changed the game.

to those of us who saw the underlying weakness when he made the "pressure" comment it's a shame to have been proven right. strikers nearly always thrive on confidence.

nothing has been proven hasn't even had half a season with us yet

I have to agree lets see after he has had time under Pearson. I get the feeling like the rest of the squad under Erickson he did not know what he was supposed to be doing in terms of formation. Once he gets some proper direction and man management i'm sure we will see the kind of player he was for Everton under Moyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got or read this month'd edition of 'fox fanzine'? There is an interview with King, and he says that before every training session, Beckford goes around all the players to see if they are all alright and if they had a good day/night the previous day.

This was unexpected for me, because I thought Beckford was the bad-attitude type, but I think this is great from him. But then again, nobody know what goes on inside the club. Nice one, Jermaine.

Anyone got or read this month'd edition of 'fox fanzine'? There is an interview with King, and he says that before every training session, Beckford goes around all the players to see if they are all alright and if they had a good day/night the previous day.

This was unexpected for me, because I thought Beckford was the bad-attitude type, but I think this is great from him. But then again, nobody know what goes on inside the club. Nice one, Jermaine.

Always thought, like you, he'd keep himself to himself and just try and get on with his own work but if that's the case then fair play to him.

Archived