Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

Tonight might be interesting regarding team selection. To be fair, I hope we stick with Beckford initially.. dropping him will not do him any more favours.

I hope the opposite. Sticking with Beckford will do the whole club no favours. Time to stop pandering this overpaid prima donna. I wouldn't even put him on the bench!

Tonight might be interesting regarding team selection. To be fair, I hope we stick with Beckford initially.. dropping him will not do him any more favours.

Yes, why not? Let him show Schluppy some more of what the lad needs to do to stay in the first team!

Like:

Moaning at his colleagues.

Refusing to chase anything that's not to his feet.

Displaying the deft touch of a brick wall.

Challenging with the conviction of a stick insect in aerial duels.

Feigning fouls like a low-grade actor whenever he thinks he might get away with it.

One chance, one goal might make him a hero to some tonight - that sort of possibility exists in every game. But he's got a lot of improving to do as a team player to convince me.

Are you excusing players from making mistakes, allowing them to hold the club at ransom when they can't live up to their potential? Just allow them to sulk in the corner and play the "I'm upset and feel mistreated" card?

Playing in a new system that doesn't fully play to his strengths, having hardly any midfield colleague who's really setting him up is one thing, not wanting to put an effort in is another.

I thought I will never came back to this useless (pardon my spelling) **** pages!

It´s every where noone realy support Leicester they are supporting managers !!!

And you MC Prussian is just now one of my favourite :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Any one else in fact the one who started the thread don´t leave us.... wonder how? seeking back and you will now :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: And thanks I have not thought that!

Is´nt it time to be one Leicester BLUE and stop this ****ing threads abaot this and that?

Sorry for ****ing but I have already being out to start new thread... :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

If I´m still alive after this comment I will come back

Good Bless Blues :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

And also you Prussian you are a real BLUE this is for you :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Oh you know he doesn't read it, or hear the boos or anything else. Well, that's ok then. And yes Howard is doing an awesome job, but he isn't the future!

We're in the present though, not the future.

Howard is doing the job at the moment, Beckford isn't and this will show in team selection.

I thought I will never came back to this useless (pardon my spelling) **** pages!

It´s every where noone realy support Leicester they are supporting managers !!!

And you MC Prussian is just now one of my favourite :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Any one else in fact the one who started the thread don´t leave us.... wonder how? seeking back and you will now :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: And thanks I have not thought that!

Is´nt it time to be one Leicester BLUE and stop this ****ing threads abaot this and that?

Sorry for ****ing but I have already being out to start new thread... :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

If I´m still alive after this comment I will come back

Good Bless Blues :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

And also you Prussian you are a real BLUE this is for you :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I don't know what to say.

blush.png

Erm... Thanks?

Sven has gone so there is a new HATE figure needed for the eternal pessimists in here.

Poor start to say the least but can we not just conclude that he is SHIT already!!

New manager and fresh start for him

A new manager won't give him a personality transplant. And that's what he seems to need. No-one "hates" him because his name's Beckford.

But Alan Young summed it up when he said that fans will put up with anyone making mistakes so long as they give their all.

I'm not sure that's altogether true if the mistakes happen too often or prove too costly but it does capture the feeling about Beckford. It's not the mistakes - though they don''t help - but the glaring lack of effort.

Tonight only emphasised what can be achieved with everyone playing together and functining as a unit. I bet Nugent just loved playing alongside Howard. Whatever his limitations now, his enthusiasm and commitment are infectious.

A new manager won't give him a personality transplant. And that's what he seems to need. No-one "hates" him because his name's Beckford.

But Alan Young summed it up when he said that fans will put up with anyone making mistakes so long as they give their all.

I'm not sure that's altogether true if the mistakes happen too often or prove too costly but it does capture the feeling about Beckford. It's not the mistakes - though they don''t help - but the glaring lack of effort.

Tonight only emphasised what can be achieved with everyone playing together and functining as a unit. I bet Nugent just loved playing alongside Howard. Whatever his limitations now, his enthusiasm and commitment are infectious.

Well he has had a fairly succesful career so far with his attitude, whether that has changed recently I dont know but I for one wont write off someone who has had a career of scoring goals. That's something you don't lose until age catches up with you.

He has the goals in him. If it is his attitude, then like i said, a new manager, a new start for him!!

Matt - I agree! But that doesn't mean people should rubbish the guy. He needs to step up and I think he will. At the moment he needs to watch Howard and see his passion. But he is the future!

Agreed!! Needs to step up big time!! :frusty:

City goals since Beckford has arrived (just league to ensure fair comparison)

Beckford on the pitch: 508 minutes, 4 goals - a goal every 127 minutes

Beckford off the pitch: 302 minutes, 6 goals - a goal every 50 minutes

It's not that Beckford isn't getting the service. It's that he's not putting the effort in.

After yesterday

Beckford on the pitch - 508 minutes, 4 goals - a goal every 127 minutes

Beckford off the pitch - 392 minutes, 9 goals - a goal every 44 minutes

After yesterday

Beckford on the pitch - 508 minutes, 4 goals - a goal every 127 minutes

Beckford off the pitch - 392 minutes, 9 goals - a goal every 44 minutes

Serious question, anyway you could find the results for goals scored with Howard being on the pitch this season? I would do it myself, but well I'm to lazy and have work in twenty minutes :D

Archived