Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

I'm with the big fella on this one... Shock/horror!!!!

I reckon we could still have a decent striker in Beckford, as long as he's brought into line by someone who ain't gonna take any of his shit.

I could see this going one of two ways when we get the new boss in.. Either Beckford will dramatically pick up and we all grow to want him in the side, or he'll throw a major paddy and will be binned, probably quite quickly.

What I wouldn't do is to build a team around him as I simply don't think he's good enough to warrant this.

I'd expect commitment, effort and a willingness to play in whatever formation I picked him in

For 25k a week this is the least I'd expect....

lol

Fully agree, at the moment he is probably the most laziest, disinterested player I have ever seen in a City shirt.

If he was a crap player running around like a blue arsed fly putting some effort in then the fans would appreciate it.

However at the moment they seem to want to see the back of him, hopefully a new manager will kick him up the arse and tell him to either shape up or ship out.

I pay my money like most City fans in the hope of us watching our lads put effort into winning a game of football, not for clowns like him to crawl around doing fvck all in the hope of getting an open goal. Never been so p*ssed off about 'one of our own' as much I have been this weekend.

Good player, goals scorer, team player and turns up to training early, just lacks confidence like at the start of his Everton career 7 games 0 goals, they didn't boo/sarcastically cheer, look at his record once he got amongst the goals in the premier league.

How do you arrive at this yet Everton were prepared to let him go SO cheap? The finances are bad but not that desperate as they held out for a fair deal on Arteta.

Leeds fans saw far far more of him than Everton and they come down on the opposite of what you are saying.

No player should be booed but it is clear to see that at this moment in time, Beckford is 1) Not interested, 2) Thinks he's bigger and better than us - in that case he would still be playing in the Premiership 3) Still supposedly got a knock 4) His attitude stinks

His style of play makes him the most obvious of targets for the frustration and anger at what's been going on at the club over the last 6 weeks or so. Fryatt came in for similar during the relegation season - although not as concentrated on him as there were over 20 players who were bloody useless that year. Just hoping whoever comes in can get Beckford firing, whether it's confidence or a kick up the arse, as if not we're looking extremely light up front.

He'll be just like Kaebi - people will champion him for their own reasons. And, because of what he cost, some will think he has to be good and to merit a place in the team. But, in the end, despite a few cool goals, I'll be surprised to see him fit in.

Fully agree, at the moment he is probably the most laziest, disinterested player I have ever seen in a City shirt.

If he was a crap player running around like a blue arsed fly putting some effort in then the fans would appreciate it.However at the moment they seem to want to see the back of him, hopefully a new manager will kick him up the arse and tell him to either shape up or ship out.

waghorn!

How do you arrive at this yet Everton were prepared to let him go SO cheap? The finances are bad but not that desperate as they held out for a fair deal on Arteta.

Leeds fans saw far far more of him than Everton and they come down on the opposite of what you are saying.

Fair deal for Arteta? £6m up front? Dont be ridiculous! Motes sold him because they fell out, every player who falls out with him is shown the door, ability aside.

Everton season ticket holder but don't have a clue on a player purely because it fits what you wish to believe after what 8 games?

Fair deal for Arteta? £6m up front? Dont be ridiculous! Motes sold him because they fell out, every player who falls out with him is shown the door, ability aside.

Everton season ticket holder but don't have a clue on a player purely because it fits what you wish to believe after what 8 games?

Wasn't meaning to come across as aggressive, just amazed Everton fans have such a high opinion of someone they let go so cheap. You lot seem to like him more than the Leeds fans and he scored 100 goals for then.

Didn't realise Arteta was 6, most media said 10....

I don't wish to believe anything, but on what I've seen so far the Leeds general opinion of him being highly strung and not interested despite possessing some natural talent appears spot on.

Wasn't meaning to come across as aggressive, just amazed Everton fans have such a high opinion of someone they let go so cheap. You lot seem to like him more than the Leeds fans and he scored 100 goals for then.

Didn't realise Arteta was 6, most media said 10....

I don't wish to believe anything, but on what I've seen so far the Leeds general opinion of him being highly strung and not interested despite possessing some natural talent appears spot on.

Yup.... sort the fooker's head out and we've probably got a goal-scorer on our hands...

Yup.... sort the fooker's head out and we've probably got a goal-scorer on our hands...

Our biggest problem is going to be motivation, he clearly only signed for the money as he was getting a bit of a look in at Everton.

No doubt in his own mind he is far too big for this division.

Our biggest problem is going to be motivation, he clearly only signed for the money as he was getting a bit of a look in at Everton.

No doubt in his own mind he is far too big for this division.

Absolutely right Matt..

Thats why, whether it be Hughes, Pearson or Jimmy Kranky he needs to know he aint bigger than the club and he either ships up or ships out

4534550755_288x373.png

Having been at the game saturday and seen how lazy and disinterested he looked, i'd be glad to see the back of him, He never jumped or challenged once for the balls played up to him, yes the service wasn't great and to be honest the 1st half was like playing with 8 men as Yuki and King never got in the game for the 1st 45mins, but you have to care (or maybe he just doesn't).

And the pause and glare at the away end, when people in there had backed the team for the whole game, paid £32, was out of order. He clearly has a very high opinion of himself, yet was showed up by a 36 year old.

His style of play makes him the most obvious of targets for the frustration and anger at what's been going on at the club over the last 6 weeks or so. Fryatt came in for similar during the relegation season - although not as concentrated on him as there were over 20 players who were bloody useless that year. Just hoping whoever comes in can get Beckford firing, whether it's confidence or a kick up the arse, as if not we're looking extremely light up front.

:thumbup: Agreed, Beckford needs the correct service and needs a manager who can use his atitutude to fire himself up!!!

I don't think it matters whether Beckford is top earner or not..

The fact is he's on big bucks and a long contract...

The new manager (pick one of an ever increasing list of possibles) needs to get him playing

If not we could have a very expensive flop on our hands for the next few seasons cos I'd be amazed if anyone is gonna come in for him after what we paid and the salary he's drawing..

Get him playing or this could turn out to be the biggest disaster since akin bad biyi

Easy to sort out. New manager gets all the players in the dressing room and asks them who wants to play for this club. If anyone says no, f**k em off. Wasted a bit of money, but at least it's a clean slate and everyone knows where they stand

Too easy to say yorkie...

Who's gonna want Beckford given his current wages etc..

We're lumbered with him .

Archived