Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Beckford

The Leeds fan has said in 3 years it didn't matter whether you cheered, booed whatever he was always the same.

This is what happens when you throw 40k a week at someone who actually doesn't want to be here.

Sven has gone... Beckford Is the new target. Do you get tired of this?

Questions were asked of Beckford whilst Sven was here, he's just not good enough on present form & the team is suffering as a result.

We'd be none the worse if he just fecked off tomorrow with an anulled contract, in fact we'd be better off because we'll have 11 men in the starting line-up

I don't know how he can find his form, but playing him in his current state is wrong & worse it will be damaging other players who have shown form & that they can do the job, and he's in the team ahead of them seemingly because he cost a lot of money & no other reason.

What?

I said this 2 weeks ago if you look through the thread.

It doesn't take a genius to work it out.

Cheers mate.

Howard must love his cameo appearances against us. Wellens is another player who always has a great game, even going back to his Doncaster days. Is he getting much of a look in this season?

I do think Beckford will get goals for you, I just wouldn't expect a change in his attitude. Even if he's on a great goalscoring run, there will be little effort from him. Frustrating for the fans who've paid a fortune to follow their team and see a player walking around. That's him though.

Wellens always puts a shift in,works hard etc. We now have a midfield of similar players though,as in not much pace but grafters. God,we need a winger or 2 !!

Target my arse....Beckford's been a disappointment in every way and the fans have every right to say so. But if you can really find the words to defend him I'm all ears.

And Sven wasn't target either. Most everyone wanted him to succeed but he didn't. Even you weren't happy and you're usually the last one to turn against a manager. Look at your own posts about Sven if you've forgotten.

I can't wait until he comes good, which he will do with some support from us the FANS, a new manager, his team mates and a bit of confidence.

I don't doubt that he will score some welcome goals on occasions because that's the sort of player he is - it's what happens when he doesn't score. And that's probably the reason David Moyes was so glad to get rid.

Not only has he been complete turd since he arrived but his attitude stinks. Beckford doesn't understand what Leicester City FC is all about and Sven didn't grasp it either. The club is not about record transfers and high wages but a close group of footballers busting a gut for every ball until the final whistle. The second half today was the most proud Ive felt as a City fan for a long time due to the club's 3 longest serving players, Lloydy, Big Steve and King.

Not only has he been complete turd since he arrived but his attitude stinks. Beckford doesn't understand what Leicester City FC is all about and Sven didn't grasp it either. The club is not about record transfers and high wages but a close group of footballers busting a gut for every ball until the final whistle. The second half today was the most proud Ive felt as a City fan for a long time due to the club's 3 longest serving players, Lloydy, Big Steve and King.

Funny you say that - the last time we were successful we had those sorts of players too - Walsh, Elliott, Heskey, Izzett, Marshall, Kaamark, Lennon, Guppy etc.

Are you that Pete guy who calls into Radio Leicester ?

I'm not willing to write his Leicester career off just yet but it has been a woeful start.

I can except that players will go through dry spells BUT they have to be showing effort and determination at the very least.

Of course there are different types of players and Beckford and Nugent are different but he has to work harder!!

Schlupp and Howard should be ahead of him until he realises he is going to have to work his socks off if he wants a starting place in our team!!

Hoping he comes good though as he has the talent!

Erm, no, I'm Scott and I've never called in to Radio Leicester in my life, neither do I intend to

Sorry,

I was just reading through your post and his voice fitted to it perfectly.

I don't know what Pete is achieving by ringing in like he does, comes across as one sad lonely ol' bastard.

Is this a joke? We would have been praying for people like Beckford 2 seasons ago. Josh Low, Ian HUUUUUUUMMMMEEE, busted a gut but are not fit to lace this guys boots. We need a manager who is capable of handling the egos of the players in at the moment and applying the best tactics that complement the players we have. This would help tremendously in getting the best out of them.

As for all the bumming Stevie Howard is getting at the moment I can guarantee if he starts 3 games there will be a new thread about how he is past it which happened several times last season. I like him, but he wasn't as good as Beckford in his prime, let alone 35 years of age.

I think with Beckford it's about 'how' you play him and he needs the ball at his feet and space to run in to - we're simply not playing him like that from what I have seen.

Quite... we all knew (or should have) that he is not/never has been a runner! So playing him up as a lone striker (of a weird sounding front wide three thing) just isn't going to work... you need a bruiser (Howard) to knock balls down to the other two for that.

When we were linked with Beckford I knew that at some stage fans would turn on him, labelling shite or some other insult. i didn't realise that it would be this soon, but I always seem to underestimate our fans.

It was clear from other fans, primarily Everton who said that he doesn't play well up front on his own. Therefore it rules him out being successful in a 4-5-1, 4-3-3, bar some very lucky poaching on his behalf.

He's also a confidence player. The Leeds fans stated this prior to his acquisition of a Leicester shirt.

So was he a good signing? Well he has bags of quality, pace and guile. It's sad that we haven't had the system put in place for him to shine, maybe this will happen under a new manager who knows. But if the fans turn against him before he has played in his optimum settings, then he is the type of character (historically) to sulk, and then we may never get to see it.

I think people should give him room, lay off, and see what he can bring to the team given new leadership. Then by all means judge fairly.

Archived