Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Stringer is such a weasel.

"I'm not going to use "THAT" word" making out it was the most offensive name anyone could use ..... FFS Scottish people are Scots ..... Japanese person get's called Jap shocker.

Stringer loves making something into a big deal no wonder the players hate him so much.

• Like 1

Oh and I'm half Irish ..... call me Paddy all you like ..... It's just not a big deal and certainly isn't worth some pompous d*ck on the radio refusing to repeat such "awful" language.

If someone was aggressively shouting 'Jog on Paddy' to whichever of your parents was Irish, would you brush it off as not a big deal?

This incident isn't what Stringer is trying to make it out to be but lets not pretend its something its not. Vardy was racist to the guy simple as.

People desperately trying to make out that nothing offends them and its all just banter are as bad as the far left idiots that tried to get nurseries to stop singing baa baa black sheep.

Just be honest and call it what it was. He said a racist term in the heat of the moment. Doesnt make him racist, just the same as most stupid drunk blokes who get into arguments.

• Like 1

If someone was aggressively shouting 'Jog on Paddy' to whichever of your parents was Irish, would you brush it off as not a big deal?

This incident isn't what Stringer is trying to make it out to be but lets not pretend its something its not. Vardy was racist to the guy simple as.

People desperately trying to make out that nothing offends them and its all just banter are as bad as the far left idiots that tried to get nurseries to stop singing baa baa black sheep.

Just be honest and call it what it was. He said a racist term in the heat of the moment. Doesnt make him racist, just the same as most stupid drunk blokes who get into arguments.

This.

And it's all over the media today, why wouldn't they talk about it?

If they were in an argument / drunken banter / shouting at each other down the table then I'd guess there are many things that he could call them that would cause upset ..... But really .... Jap???

He's Japanese and got called Jap ....... Scottish people get called Scotts ...... Australians, Ozzies. FFS it's nothing.

Get rid of racism ... it has no place in the world. Insulting anyone based on a difference they have to you just isn't nice ..... It's got no place in modern society.

But let's not wring our hands and make a massive deal out of this - it's just a non story. It's not racist, it's an abbreviation. 

It's the kind of thing that would be sorted in seconds if the guy did find it offensive .... "don't call me that mate it's not nice" .... "Really, sorry, I didn't mean it offensively, was just referring to your nationality as a way to identify you in the crowd of people at the other end of the table". "no problem"

But we have Stringer instead making such a big deal out of it .... blowing it out of proportion and being the low life that he is. 

• Like 1

If they were in an argument / drunken banter / shouting at each other down the table then I'd guess there are many things that he could call them that would cause upset ..... But really .... Jap???

He's Japanese and got called Jap ....... Scottish people get called Scotts ...... Australians, Ozzies. FFS it's nothing.

Get rid of racism ... it has no place in the world. Insulting anyone based on a difference they have to you just isn't nice ..... It's got no place in modern society.

But let's not wring our hands and make a massive deal out of this - it's just a non story. It's not racist, it's an abbreviation. 

It's the kind of thing that would be sorted in seconds if the guy did find it offensive .... "don't call me that mate it's not nice" .... "Really, sorry, I didn't mean it offensively, was just referring to your nationality as a way to identify you in the crowd of people at the other end of the table". "no problem"

But we have Stringer instead making such a big deal out of it .... blowing it out of proportion and being the low life that he is. 

I think we should all stop talking about it, personally.

But while we're at it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

"In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory."

This is the kind of thing i'm talking about.

Do you honestly think from watching the video if the bloke said, 'dont call me that its offensive' Vardy would have given a shit? Do you honestly think Vardy in his mind was just abreviating the name of the country he perceived this guy to be from in order to differentiate his argument from anyone else?

Seriously come on. And since when does arguing and insulting someone count as banter?

This is being blown out of proportion because people are reluctant to call it what it is. A drunk bloke mouthing off without thinking.

I've just been on the phone in and admitted to doing the same thing so i'm not wringing my hands waiting to be offended.

Just recognise that he used a racist term in an offensive way, apologised for it and move on.

If people werent spouting shit like, 'just banter' and ignoring the context and saying its just like British being referred to as Brits it wouldnt be an issue at all.

Dont be afraid to admit it. Vardy certainly wasnt.

• Like 1

Do you honestly think from watching the video if the bloke said, 'dont call me that its offensive' Vardy would have given a shit? Do you honestly think Vardy in his mind was just abreviating the name of the country he perceived this guy to be from in order to differentiate his argument from anyone else?

Seriously come on. And since when does arguing and insulting someone count as banter?

This is being blown out of proportion because people are reluctant to call it what it is. A drunk bloke mouthing off without thinking.

I've just been on the phone in and admitted to doing the same thing so i'm not wringing my hands waiting to be offended.

Just recognise that he used a racist term in an offensive way, apologised for it and move on.

If people werent spouting shit like, 'just banter' and ignoring the context and saying its just like British being referred to as Brits it wouldnt be an issue at all.

Haha Stringer was speechless for a second when you said you'd done the same thing. You could tell he thought he'd argued you into a corner.

how can casual racism be banter

To be fair the first part of your call was sensible .... then you let Stringer make you sound apologetic and just strengthened his agenda against Jamie. 

Seriously if anyone thinks that calling someone a Jap, Brit, Ozzie, Scot, Yank, is racist they should grow a thicker skin (regardless of colour) because it just isn't.

To be fair the first part of your call was sensible .... then you let Stringer make you sound apologetic and just strengthened his agenda against Jamie.

Seriously if anyone thinks that calling someone a Jap, Brit, Ozzie, Scot, Yank, is racist they should grow a thicker skin (regardless of colour) because it just isn't.

It is if you're insulting them which he clearly was.

This is what I dont get.

Obv if you're describing 'a nation of scots' that isnt racist or offensive. Call someone a manky scotch bastard and it is. Its nothing to do with being thick skinned. There's nothing thick skinned about not recognising something as what it is. When i've used language like that in a drunken argument, i've used it to offend. Simple as that. When I was at school and people called me a chink, they did it to offend. When a black guy refers to another black guy as 'my nigger' it isn't offensive to them. Have a white guy in the heat of an argument call a black guy a '****ing nigger' and it is.

I'm not a race warrior, i'm not offended by what Jamie Vardy said. But what he said and the context in which he was saying it was racist. Yes there are more offensive terms he could have used but so what? Do things really need to get to extremes for offence to be recognised?

We're adults and in the lack of a better phrase, call a spade a spade.

Bollocks i've missed the first half of the U21's for this!!

Edited by Bettsj2