Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Honestly, I can't be bothered. If people think casual racism is fine, then remain ignorant.

Quite.

If people think using abbrieveated words for ALL races (yes this is true including us brits, look it up, you may enlightenten urself to a blinkered view on racism, dont forget its only whites that are racist, how could anyone else be? That would just be wrong right?) Then u simply just dony understand society at all....

Quite.

If people think using abbrieveated words for ALL races (yes this is true including us brits, look it up, you may enlightenten urself to a blinkered view on racism, dont forget its only whites that are racist, how could anyone else be? That would just be wrong right?) Then u simply just dony understand society at all....

You're an absolute idiot, the word on it's own is offensive. But the application in which Vardy used it was racist, as he didn't have any idea what nationality the asian man was, he just assumed. It's like calling eastern asians pakis, same principle. If you think it's fine to call all asians japs then fine, don't start this whole "only white people can be racist" lark as well. It's embarrassing.

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

You're an absolute idiot, the word on it's own is offensive. But the application in which Vardy used it was racist, as he didn't have any idea what nationality the asian man was, he just assumed. It's like calling eastern asians pakis, same principle. If you think it's fine to call all asians japs then fine, don't start this whole "only white people can be racist" lark as well. It's embarrassing.

Do you know that he didn't have any idea of his nationality or are just assuming?

This is complete rubbish. I'll also point out that you're assuming the guy wasnt Japanese. How is calling somebody a jap to get their attention when you believe them to be Japanese racist? Have you actually seen the video? He gets his attention and basically tells the guy to jog on.

This argument that calling somebody by a nationality is somehow racist because the person might not be of that nationality. Racism is believing that certain races are inferior. People like you have bastardised the word but fail to explain most of the time where any offence can actually be found.

I love it when thick ****ers think they're clever. It makes it so easy. The delicious irony being that you think nationalist, bigoted nonsense is enlightened and progressive vs the 'dark ages' of tolerance.

But it isn't tolerance. It's the exact opposite. We live in a time where the thought police are intolerant of anybody thinking or muttering anything that is of a nature that is deemed to be offensive even though much of the time nobody is offended and nobody appears able to give a rational explanation for what the issue is.

But it isn't tolerance. It's the exact opposite. We live in a time where the thought police are intolerant of anybody thinking or muttering anything that is of a nature that is deemed to be offensive even though much of the time nobody is offended and nobody appears able to give a rational explanation for what the issue is.

You're conflating 'nobody' being offended with 'you' not being offended. It's not up to you or I to determine what is or isn't offensive to a particular person unless we're the subject of the prejudice.

I think there is such a thing as over sensitivity. Of course there is. But Vardy's use of 'Jap' was undeniably racist and it's right that he's apologised. It's not the most racist thing ever, but insidious casual racism should be challenge just as much as any other form.

Watched the video again and I'm sure Vardy is saying 'chap' all the people from Chapstonia are in feckin uproar......

Up the City.....

I honestly think he is saying 'chap' as well, surely if he was being offensive then Nugent or De laet would have said something to Vardy to calm it or something to the like

I know I would if I thought my friend was stepping out of line

When I was a kid growing up in the early 70s I don't think I ever heard the word 'racist' it was called 'name calling' and I was in Irish kid growing up in the Highfields, think the world is going mad with the PC brigade driving the loony bus......

Up the City...., (if that's ok)

A nice airing of "Ian Stringer, what a W*nker, what a W*nker" during the West Ham game would be absolutely hilarious if it was loud enough to be heard on RL.

Get it done, folks, I'll love you for ever. :wub:

Stringer would love that, just ignore the ****