Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Bit of a left field decision to get a London-based national tabloid hack on the show who probably hasn't seen us much this season.

I'm sure the fact he wrote a very strong anti Pearson piece recently has nothing to do with RL's decision to get him on......

I thought the same when Jason tweeted it.

Nearly replied with "not looking to build bridges then?" But thought better of it.

Of all the journalists to invite on we somehow get possibly the most anti Pearson one in the country? Do they not see how obvious this looks to everyone?

It's frightening people have to contribute to this station under the threat of imprisonment.

Probably been mentioned before but that was abolished around a year ago, the most you can get now is a fine.

Edit - you don't need to pay any sort of license fee for radio stations anyway as that law was done away with in the 70s

Edited by Bugg

I think its more frightening we make every excuse possible for a badly failing manager, and criticise a reporter who told the truth on the radio.

At what point will Pearson face some genuine criticism for his management?

• Like 1

Of all the journalists to invite on we somehow get possibly the most anti Pearson one in the country? Do they not see how obvious this looks to everyone?

I wouldn't worry Matt, they won't be on next year. They couldn't care less before this season and won't again next time.

I thought Darren Lewis came across very well on the programme. He knew what the agenda was, it was fairly obvious given why he was asked on (ie the recent article he wrote) and the questions put to him, and he was very fair and balanced in his criticism and praise of the manager and players, as a good journalist should be.

People actually think there is an anti Pearson agenda in the media LMFAO. 

He's been giving such an easy ride it's unreal despite his dreadful record this season and poor conduct/behaviour.

He's been giving such an easy ride it's unreal despite his dreadful record this season and poor conduct/behaviour.

Not the media in general, Radio Leicester. I don't listen in but from what people have said it certainly appears that Stringer has been has been talking things up so he can fashion out a story.

Who are these 'people' Shane? There's no anti-Pearson agenda from Sky, national press etc and I don't think anyone is suggesting there is.

Plenty of national journalists have asked Pearson difficult questions. There are ways and means of going about asking probing questions - you rarely get footy hacks acting like Paxman or Dimbleby because in this game that's not how they generally operate.

Who are these 'people' Shane? There's no anti-Pearson agenda from Sky, national press etc and I don't think anyone is suggesting there is.

Plenty of national journalists have asked Pearson difficult questions. There are ways and means of going about asking probing questions - you rarely get footy hacks acting like Paxman or Dimbleby because in this game that's not how they generally operate.

Well people on the previous page were talking about Radio Leicester bringing a blantantly anti Pearson blogger onto the show for one, and the "people" that think there is an anti Pearson agenda, are all the people that seemingly ignore everything bad he does out of nothing other than unconditional love for him and crawl out from under their rocks at the mere suggestion of criticisim for the man.

Well people on the previous page were talking about Radio Leicester bringing a blantantly anti Pearson blogger onto the show for one, and the "people" that think there is an anti Pearson agenda, are all the people that seemingly ignore everything bad he does out of nothing other than unconditional love for him and crawl out from under their rocks at the mere suggestion of criticisim for the man.

As I said above, there is no anti-Pearson agenda in the national media.

And (with or without the benefit of hindsight) do you think it was a little too early for RL to use the line "Is this the end for Nigel Pearson?" in commentary at Southampton on 8th November, when they sat four points off 10th? Some might perceive that as one reason why there has been talk of a local agenda. 

And (with or without the benefit of hindsight) do you think it was a little too early for RL to use the line "Is this the end for Nigel Pearson?" in commentary at Southampton on 8th November, when they sat four points off 10th? Some might perceive that as one reason why there has been talk of a local agenda. 

No.  :thumbup:

Bit of a left field decision to get a London-based national tabloid hack on the show who probably hasn't seen us much this season.

I'm sure the fact he wrote a very strong anti Pearson piece recently has nothing to do with RL's decision to get him on......

You might be right but I have to say the guy made some very valid points

No.

The period of games of Newcastle, Swansea and Southampton away were highly worrying, and set the tone for the whole season.

It was clear then that there were problems developing. Inneffectual systems, players being left out for no apparent reason, not getting the bets out of the players we had available.

Some people could see it back then.

Then when it came to the Villa away game, the 2-1 loss, surely that was the "writing on the wall moment". New manager gets January window to work with, we arent cut adrift, we can push on and stay up.

Instead, Pearson to his credit cobbles a few results together, one being a smash and grab at Hull, Liverpool we were genuinely unlucky, and Villa at home who were impotent in attack and suffering under Lambert. FA Cup win was meaningless as is shown now.

Spends £9 mil on a striker to save the season, who musters 1 league goal. Doesnt even play him in some games. Brings in Huth, solid, but its too late.

Systems are still poor, performances are largely poor, we look innefectual at both ends of the pitch. Clear agenda's in the squad with players. Clear agenda's with his behaviour. Spends £20 million on strikers and reverts back to Nugent and Vardy (and Nugent to his credit has done well).

So Radio Leicester got it very much right at the time.

Points taken but when you have a flaky (at best) relationship with the club, soundbites like that, at that stage of the season, doesn't really help mend bridges. Pearson's job was nowhere near under threat at that time and no-one else in the media was close to going down that route. They have every right to deliver probing stuff but that didn't go down well with the club, and neither did the cut throat gesture after the Liverpool game. That's why some consider there's been an agenda on a local level. And asking NP about his future with a game to go in the 2012-13 season, when they could still make the play offs (which they ultimately did), was also going too early. The club could argue there's been a drip-drip effect on things over a period of time.

Points taken but when you have a flaky (at best) relationship with the club, soundbites like that, at that stage of the season, doesn't really help mend bridges. Pearson's job was nowhere near under threat at that time and no-one else in the media was close to going down that route. They have every right to deliver probing stuff but that didn't go down well with the club, and neither did the cut throat gesture after the Liverpool game. That's why some consider there's been an agenda on a local level. And asking NP about his future with a game to go in the 2012-13 season, when they could still make the play offs (which they ultimately did), was also going too early. The club could argue there's been a drip-drip effect on things over a period of time.

Stringer was giving it some most last season as well.

He did not like NP after his first spell here and has been a dripping tap since his return.

I blame niether NP or the players for not talking to him and think even if NP was sacked today and a new man walked in the players may still not talk to him.

• Like 1

I blame niether NP or the players for not talking to him and think even if NP was sacked today and a new man walked in the players may still not talk to him.

I don't think that's far off the mark. From what I gather, the players have stronger views about it than the manager.

I don't think that's far off the mark. From what I gather, the players have stronger views about it than the manager.

Good I hope they do not.

With Stringers performances as a reporter if he was a footballer he would be lucky to get a kick about with his mates after work.

I really do fail to see why the BBC has done nothing about this.

In any other job if you insulted or abused people like stringer has you would be sacked.

He has his own agenda and thats all he is bothered about.

Good I hope they do not.

With Stringers performances as a reporter if he was a footballer he would be lucky to get a kick about with his mates after work.

I really do fail to see why the BBC has done nothing about this.

In any other job if you insulted or abused people like stringer has you would be sacked.

He has his own agenda and thats all he is bothered about.

because he's a smarmy sales man that keeps his bosses on side

• Like 1

How convenient that at a time when almost every one of them has consistently under performed they decide to boycott the local media. In sure if they were sitting mid table they wouldn't be too shy of the odd post match interview.

How convenient that at a time when almost every one of them has consistently under performed they decide to boycott the local media. In sure if they were sitting mid table they wouldn't be too shy of the odd post match interview.

They've not boycotted the local media though. Manager and players are willing to speak to Radio Leicester; they just to object to one person, for a variety of reasons.