Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

Will always be grateful for the promotion during the administration season, showed real skill to keep the players focused and get the job completed. But his failings were all too clear in the Premier League, some very questionable substitutions leading to buckets of dropped points near the end of matches and subsequent relegation.

The last few games of his tenure were truly painful, a team with an average age of 52 lumbering to depressing defeats and draws and ultimately giving the next manager very little quality to work with and virtually no youngsters in the squad.

What were the main bits Micky had to say? Missed the phone in tonight

Said he had a good team - Izzet, Deane and Dickov got regular mentions as you'd expect.

Mentioned about lack of money when we went up especially, which resulted in some of those (strange) signings. He said before he'd gambled on a lot of players. We all knew that!

Also said he regretted resigning, which was interesting.

I felt Stringer really put him on the spot when brining Wise into question, but he handled that well. 

Either way, I respect and like Micky for what he did, it was my first season as a regular so I look back on that season with fondness. Tonight was a good listen for a change.

Edited by Fox92

:facepalm: Signing the oldest team in the clubs history put us years back.

I remember being at that game. Seen some howlers but that was desperate. The way he seems to get shorter as he jumps. Worst goalie I have seen in a city shirt bar none

• 7 months later...

Haha these reactions! Thought it might be like that! ... Surprised when I read it actually. With everything that went on, not just his career here but the fact he also admitted moving to Leicester was a mistake. We all know the mutual feeling between fans, surely he does as well.

Got a feeling although Stringer wants to talk about other stuff, such as Ulloa, some phone calls could be for Ade!

He's came across pretty well to be honest.

I agree.

Made a great point about players getting abused. We talk about booing on here, something that he suffered when he played for Leicester. But his point, I thought, was very good. "Just got on with it, getting paid to actually play football" etc.

I agree.

Made a great point about players getting abused. We talk about booing on here, something that he suffered when he played for Leicester. But his point, I thought, was very good. "Just got on with it, getting paid to actually play football" etc.

Yeah he came across well. Strikes me as being pretty genuine, not his fault some twat thought he was worth as much as that.

I always felt sorry for him. I remember when we signed him Peter Taylor said something like, we know he's not great with the ball but he's got a lot of pace.

After that I kind of knew he was doomed. Although I do remember opening day he started up fromt with Collymore and did this pretty amazing run ending with a left foot shot that James just managed to get to to turn it around the post. If that had gone in, you never know...

• 5 months later...

Tell you what, I shouldn't mind that reporter who Pearson called a fvcking **** to replace stringer. He doesn't give a damn if pearson says the wrong thing or blanks him, no vendettas or anything. What did the guy say at the end, " you wouldn't want clubs banning and not talking to reporters would you."

Edited by yorkie1999

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a left field decision to get a London-based national tabloid hack on the show who probably hasn't seen us much this season.

I'm sure the fact he wrote a very strong anti Pearson piece recently has nothing to do with RL's decision to get him on......

Spot on. Its actually quite scary how contrived this is getting

Guest MattP

Of all the journalists to invite on we somehow get possibly the most anti Pearson one in the country? Do they not see how obvious this looks to everyone?

It's frightening people have to contribute to this station under the threat of imprisonment.