Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2012 In Music

FWIW

Agree with James. on the Django Django, it's stonking.

Plus, if it's your cup of tea, Valentina by The Wedding Present is a return to force, Killing Joke's MMXII is probably their best to date and Anti-Flag's General Strike encapsulates the anger and venom of a modern day protest culture-filled world.

From underground to mass appeal:

7GrimesVisions020312.jpg

Probably my favorite album so far this year. I was expecting aggressive hip hop or thrash metal with the name and that cover, instead I got The Knife meets Bat for Lashes with a twist.

This song is catchy as hell...:

This one's not too shabby, either:

You're not wrong - have given the previous album a proper listen and it's actually very good in its own right. Suspect Nootropics is going to take their sound to new-found levels though...

You're not wrong - have given the previous album a proper listen and it's actually very good in its own right. Suspect Nootropics is going to take their sound to new-found levels though...

I've got the new album :ph34r: and I can but recommend the "Alphabet Song". Best track on it by a landslide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxH-nYDKEQ

• 2 weeks later...

If you love simple, hard rock (one guitar, one set of drums), I give you the new PS I Love You album:

ps_i_love_you_death_dreams.jpg

A sometimes crude, sometimes brilliant mix of new songs.

Best track by far is "Final Contact".

Out now - a different approach style-wise, but I'm sure the tracks will grow on me with time:

the-temper-trap-500x500.jpg?w=300&h=300

Didn't like Rabbit hole, London Burning and especially disliked Need your love but they have grown on me a lot and now really like it and the rest of the album. Solid follow up from there great debut.

I'm loving this atm, real good summery album

Best-Coast-The-Only-Place-608x6061.jpg

Archived