Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2012 In Music

I have to say that, since watching Adam Buxton's BUG, I'm loving Grimes.

Yep. I'm loving Grimes too. Favorite album of the year so far for me. I generally quite enjoy this Canadian synth music thing going on with artists like Crystal Castles, Austra, Trust and Grimes.

People are raving about them, comparisons to Radiohead are drawn. Decide for yourselves:

5051083065580.jpg

Love them since being introduced around mid-May. Their album is still as good as it was on the first listen. Fantastic band and have had the pleasure of meeting them after seeing them in Newcastle. If you like them, you may like Cave Painting :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some new music.

Any recommendations for all genres?

Ta in advance.

Bloc Party have a new album out, titled 'Four'.

The Gaslight Anthem - 'Handwritten'

Linkin Park - Living Things

Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

Nas - Life Is Good

I don't venture to this part of the forum much, but I must say the Alt-J and Grizzly Bear recommendations are good shouts!

My favourite album of the year so far is 'Enjoy It While It Lasts' by Spector.

7753854780_d3fcb81d76.jpg

At the moment they're fairly unknown, but have a very good soft indie rock sound to them. It's easily an album you can listen all the way through without having to skip. My personal favourites are 'Celestine', 'Never Fade Away' and 'Upset Boulevard'.

Archived