Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2012 In Music

Any one got of monster of men's album, its pretty impressive male and female vocals bit like the xx meets Mumford.

Fantastic album!! My mate recommended 'Dirty paws' a few weeks ago, been listening to them ever since.

Alt-J

Cave Painting

:wub:

Saw both of these on Monday at Newcastle in The Cluny.

Cave Painting's EP was actually released late last year, but was just wondering who else had heard of them?

Alt-J's album was released a couple of weeks ago. I've been listening to it non-stop. I love them. Breezeblocks, Tessellate and Matilda are my 3 favourites off the album. Anyone else like them?

If the ending is a sample of a new track, I'm not all that impressed.

Big muse fan here. The end sample (dubstep) vibe is nothing too different to some of the Jams and improvs they do in live shows particularly when Matt uses a kaoss pad during SMBH (once with his tongue at a gig in Japan, amazing!) so I'm

Not too fussed on the trailer.

From what I understand it'll be very orchestral and a big use of strings (possibly harps?) with some epic symphonies. Think Absolution meets ExoGenesis 1,2 & 3

Kiyoko-Sea-of-Trees.jpg

Kiyoko - Sea Of Trees

Its a side project from Synkro. Review:-

This isn’t a piece of music you’ll find topping the charts on beatport or even in the bag of your favourite DJ. It is however, exceptionally good armchair music that perfectly suits that late night bubble we all find ourselves in at one time or another. It flows nicely together as a constructed album, one of those that’s so tranquil you almost forget it’s on despite it being very emotive, and the purely analog nature of it adds to it’s charm and elegance. In a world where technological advances and cheap equipment make it easy for anyone to become a producer (of sorts), it’s refreshing to hear those that can still hold it down on hardware and those that still relish those twelve inch plastic disks.

http://soundcloud.com/kiyokomusik

Two suggestions for the Smutsmeister and Roo Fox:

StepdadWildlifePopArt.jpg

Walk-The-Moon-260x260.jpg

Only had a chance to listen to one Stepdad song, pick and choose. It was pretty good nice easy Electro Pop will be giving the others a listen based on that tune.

Archived