Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

Sneijder is slow, a pretty poor dribbler and not a great finisher.

And why would you need three inside forwards? :|

You'd do much better to drop him to the CM spot and have him be the link between the attacking and defensive phases, he's very creative and a fantastic passer of the ball who can fire in long shots. And then for heaven's sakes sign someone better than Stankovic for the AMC slot. Being Inter you should have the dollar to get someone like Hamsik or Guiseppi Rossi who'd be brilliant there.

What year you in? (21/22?)

Well done though.

Thanks, just starting the 2022/23 season. Kept Andy King around till a few seasons ago, but all my players are regens now.

5-3-2 has always done wonders for me, usually due to the fact that it accommodates Leicester's overload of DC's and CM's and the lack of any quality wingers. Used it on the FM11 loads and just tried it again on FM12, played 6 won 5 with the best defence in the league so far

Schmeichal

Pantsil Bamba Mills Tunchev Konchesky

Abe Fernandes King

Nugent Beckford

Signed James Chester (£1.2m) and some lad Medo (£1.5m) from Partizan for rotation

Sold: Danns (650k) Dyer (625k) Oakley (120k) Howard (45k) Moreno (90k) Gally (£1m) Vassell (900k)

Thanks, just starting the 2022/23 season. Kept Andy King around till a few seasons ago, but all my players are regens now.

I've just started 2021/22 season (so a season behind you). All my players are mostly regens now, although I have got Keiran Gibbs, Jordan Spence, Adam Lallana and Johnny Howson lurking around the squad still, all players that won promotion with me in the first place. I've won the Euro Cup once, Community Shield three times, FA Cup twice and finished second in the Premier League. You've done really well; I want to win the Premier League with Leicester before I even consider leaving.

Started my career with Hinkley United, getting them promoted in consecutive seasons up to league 2, then to be approached by Charlton in league 1 in January to take over and to save them from relegation. Moved on to Peterborough in the Championship, where I got them promoted with literally no funds via the playoffs. Stayed with Peterborough in the Prem for 2 seasons and consolidated them as a mid tabled prem team. Liverpool offered me a job which I'm still at now, after winning the prem 3 times, once run up in 4 seasons. Winning the champions league twice and domestic cups 3 times in that period. There's a life story for you! :thumbup:

Tactics that always works for teams in the championship or lower..

Goalkeeper

Right Wing back (A) CB (D) CB(D) Left Wing back (D)

Advanced Playmaker (A) Box to box (S)

Winger (A) Winger (A)

Poacher (A) Target Man (A)

Obvious positions such as target man and keeper you can decide yourself (target man needs to be tall and strong). Wing backs need to have a good crossing ability and if possible a bit of pace and stamina. Poacher for the lower leagues (league 2+1) Counago on a free transfer is good. One of the wingers need to be fast with preferably the ability to cut inside, the other a more technical winger that can deliver a killer ball! Box to box midfielder is a mix between a ball winning midfielder and a playmaker, so a mix of these attributes are good! Playmakers need creativity, technique and passing attributes. Have one pacey Center back paired with a dominant aerial presence.

Match preparation needs to be on Team Work and Workload on High. If your defence is leaking goals, either invest in a better defending coach, or change match preparation to defensive positioning!

If your club has next to no funds, or your making a consistent loss every month, make this your priority over everything else. Even if your under your "wage budget", you can still make a loss due to you either adjusting the budget previously or low income from other sources. Check your finances very thoroughly, do a bit of maths yourself if you like to see where your making the loss. Ideally, you would like your Fixed income, to pay your monthly wages, therefore you will have money left over to account for any other expenditures. By fixed income I don't mean its completely fixed every month, I mean its going to be about the same each month due to it not being likely to change, such as sponsorship's or grants and interest. Gate receipts change on the form your team is in, so you cannot rely on the previous months figure to forecast the future months. Try to sell on any expensive contracted players that are surplus, youth players with no potential and players whos values are going to decrease rapidly. Do this by loans, or sales, try to avoid releasing and mutual termination as it still costs your club as compensation.

In terms of making money, Try to get pre- season friendlies at home to larger reputation clubs, it doesnt matter if your going to lose or not, it can really boost your seasons profit margins! Try to get all your pre seasons friendlies against larger clubs, more often than not losing to these teams but playing well and keeping morale up, is better preparation than beating other teams that are lower rep'd than you!

Concentrate on your youth. Send scouts out to find players with potential, and also are not already on large contracts or transfer values. By having a succesful youth system, really can improve your financial position. Its not just as easy as having good youth and coaches, they need playing time and facilities! Any player you buy for the youth should not be loaned out straight away, let your coaches build the blue prints for the development by keeping them at the club for a season. You MUST get them playing first team football in the second season at the club. 15 games a season if you can would be ample for a 17-18 year old. If you cant do this at your club without risking losing the game, send them out to a club who will win regularly and have good facilities. Don't put them into games your going to lose, as this is not going to be a good development to their mental side. Try and get them in a winning mentality by playing them in the right circumstances. By the time their 20, they should be playing around 25-30 (or more if you can) a season. These players wont develop if their not getting the right amount of playing time with facilities. Don't loan them out to anyone, really pick your club who will be best for the player!

Thats just a quick guide to basic success, I might put a more detailed guide up if anyone wants help!?

Nige :pearson: would be proud!

Good young English prospects under the age of 21

Any reccomendations??

In season 2013-2014

Set one of your scouts to UK and Ireland and add the condition of age at most 21 and he should find most of them, Jason Steele and Alex Smithies (Is Englands Number 1 in the 2015/16 season on me and my mates) are must haves for a GK, Nathan Redmond becomes a quality player as a RM/RW and Adam Campbell from Man United is rated 5 stars from my scouts.

On my Fleetwood save im just starting my 3rd season, 1st season i finished 2nd in the blue square prem, 98 points,annoying because i then had to go through the play offs,destroyed ebbsfleet 5-0 on aggregate in the semi finals, then lost 1-0 to grimsby in the final,in the final i had 9 shots on target and they had 1 but they still won, they won it in the 126th minute aswell, an own goal from one of my players who had been on the pitch for just 4 minutes.

Second season i finished 3rd and entered the playoffs again, beat wrexham 6-2 on aggregate in he semi finals, then got to the final and lost 2-1 to port vale, 1-1 after 90 mins, conceded in the 104th minute,to an own goal from my player again :/ different player but what are the chances of losing to an own goal in the play off final 2 years running? and the own goal was a passback from my left back,under no pressure whatsoever and the keeper miscontrolled it and it rolled over his foot and into the back of the net

They appear on my game all the time. No matter what club or what player, the results are always the same. It is always 12%, 86% and 2%!

I had 98% say yes before when I had Balotelli but wouldn't pick him.

I had 98% say yes before when I had Balotelli but wouldn't pick him.

I've just had another one come up on my game, regarding one of my strikers. It was 86% yes. Never seen more than that though, Balotelli must be loved by your fans! :D

I've just had another one come up on my game, regarding one of my strikers. It was 86% yes. Never seen more than that though, Balotelli must be loved by your fans! :D

He got dropped because he got straight reds in two consecutive games aswell. My fans were deluded.

Archived