Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

foxhateram's Optimistic Bus

I'm on it. Marshall, Vardy and Knocky are going to be stars (I hope).

I said it last season and having seen him play today I still reckon its true. Drinkwater is going to be a very important player for the football club. He's not got the flair of Marshall and won't score the goals he does, but just watch Drinky off the ball. He never stops chasing and harrying. He's got a very good engine on him.

Having seen them play today I must confess I like what I saw.

Hi I would like to hop on Foxhaterams Optimistic Bus to Tuesday please? Today's optimism reminds me a lot of amazing performance away to Coventry on the opening game of last season, Matt Mills was majestic that day

Edited by JACE_HOBBS

Hi I would like to hop on Foxhaterams Optimistic Bus to Tuesday please? Today's optimism reminds me a lot of amazing performance away to Coventry on the opening game of last season, Matt Mills was majestic that day

Did you see the game on a stream?

This team looks nothing like Sven's.

They look fitter, better organised and it looks like Nige has uncovered some hidden talent.

So much so, in fact, that it's difficult to tell who's gonna start against The Posh.

I'm quite optimistic that we have assembled quite a nice squad here.

Edited by Col city fan

They look fitter, better organised and it looks like Nige has uncovered some hidden talent.

So much so, in fact, that it's difficult to tell who's gonna start against The Posh.

lol Sorry Col I'm sure the squads looking good really I just can't help and look back and laugh at how excited we all were this time last season. I'm sure Pearson's doing a good job so much so I'm even going Torquay Tues :thumbup:

I know you have been one of those suggesting we need to add a defensive midfielder and/or a play maker and wondered if today has alleviated some fears for you? Did Cattermole boss our midfielders? Genuine question as I didn't go.

I know you have been one of those suggesting we need to add a defensive midfielder and/or a play maker and wondered if today has alleviated some fears for you? Did Cattermole boss our midfielders? Genuine question as I didn't go.

No. Drinkwater and James got the better of the Sunderland midfield first half, second half was quite even in the midfield.

I did say I couldn't tell until I'd seen them play, especially James.

Together they looked great today and were sufficiently disciplined to hold when they needed to.

However, tis but one game.

And Sunderland looked very average today.

Our midfield ran the show this afternoon. More of the same would be lovely.

I did say I couldn't tell until I'd seen them play, especially James.

Together they looked great today and were sufficiently disciplined to hold when they needed to.

However, tis but one game.

And Sunderland looked very average today.

Our midfield ran the show this afternoon. More of the same would be lovely.

Thanks, I just wanted to know if you were pleased with what you saw. A lot saying the midfield did well so sounds promising.

Saved me typing Col :D a lot of positives out of today, Thought James looked like the sort of player that might satisfy the defensive & creative midfielder as he broke up play well and also picked out some lovely passes.Marshell n Knocky look like they could terrorise defences :chant:

I find it a bit hard to get optimistic, when beckford dosnt run around for 90 min a game, no effort that lad

First of all Beckford only played 45 minutes

Secondly, just like Yakubu who hardly ran around, if he puts the ball in the net 20+ times I'm not overly concerned - there are plenty of others who can put the shift in. Waghorn runs around for 90 minutes, expends loads of energy but hardly scores (yet to score in pre season). Would you rather have Waggy as your main striker because he has loads of effort, but no end product. And by the way, I thought Beckford was pretty lively for 45 minutes yesterday with lots of intelligent runs.

FOOK THIS I'M GETTING FRONT SEAT! I'm buzzing for this season. Only slight worry is defence cover but after hearing about Moore's performance yesterday I'm feeling very positive. Roll on this season... And the bus.

FOOK THIS I'M GETTING FRONT SEAT! I'm buzzing for this season. Only slight worry is defence cover but after hearing about Moore's performance yesterday I'm feeling very positive. Roll on this season... And the bus.

Haha good man. Loving the positive thinking atm long may it continue!

Secondly, just like Yakubu who hardly ran around, if he puts the ball in the net 20+ times I'm not overly concerned - there are plenty of others who can put the shift in. Waghorn runs around for 90 minutes, expends loads of energy but hardly scores (yet to score in pre season). Would you rather have Waggy as your main striker because he has loads of effort, but no end product. And by the way, I thought Beckford was pretty lively for 45 minutes yesterday with lots of intelligent runs.

Jesus here we go again.

• Like 1

:frusty:

Wrong thread! Beckforda threads are all the other threads. This thread is for optimism only and fyi the lad was being sarcastic about beckford.

Now kindly jump off my bus before I chuck you out :P

(I jest by the way).

Up the foxes.