Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

George Taft going on loan to a Swedish club for 4 months

Good stuff

Kennedy has done nothing to disappoint, and indeed he's been unlucky with manager change & being shipped out before really getting a chance, but I think Konch + Taft should be our left backs from the summer onward... A third good enough player in the position just complicates matters with regards to morale

Good stuff

Kennedy has done nothing to disappoint, and indeed he's been unlucky with manager change & being shipped out before really getting a chance, but I think Konch + Taft should be our left backs from the summer onward... A third good enough player in the position just complicates matters with regards to morale

Have you actually seen Taft play at left back ?

Million miles behind the other two - but fair play to the lad going abroad to further his education

ive seen this lad play for the reserves a couple of times & looks quality , imo tho i think he's an out & out centre half , he has a lovely left foot so could do a job at left back but he must at least 6ft 6" a ball playing centre half for the future i think .

I would think there is a Sven link there somewhere , it was Sven who signed him here , the experience will do him good & be beneficial to Leicester City in the future , young players need games & we currently have Bamba , St ledger , Morgan , Mills , Tunchev & the lads on loan at Bristol Rovers .

I would think there is a Sven link there somewhere , it was Sven who signed him here , the experience will do him good & be beneficial to Leicester City in the future , young players need games & we currently have Bamba , St ledger , Morgan , Mills , Tunchev & the lads on loan at Bristol Rovers .

Sven didn't sign Taft did he? I thought he'd been in our academy for years.

ive seen this lad play for the reserves a couple of times & looks quality , imo tho i think he's an out & out centre half , he has a lovely left foot so could do a job at left back but he must at least 6ft 6" a ball playing centre half for the future i think .

He has a throw Stoke would kill for, and I agree - he's much more suited to the CB role than at left back.

He's a Leicester lad , mate said he lives in Glenfield , we nicked him off Derby Where he apparently spent about 6 seasons in there academy as a kid , it was Sven that signed him on professional forms .

it would of been Jon Rudkin that gave him the contract, the academy director would tell the manager who is worth keeping

http://www.vf.se/sport/fotboll/taft-ska-ge-karlstad-bk-ett-lyft

Translated article

Taft will give a boost BK Karlstad

Engelsk_Hak.jpg

Football

Karlstad BK missed a tour in the military.

It is 191 centimeters George Taft remedy.

- I am a strong main players, but also a bollspelare with a good left foot, describes the English landslagsmannen himself.

George Taft landed at Karlstad Airport on Friday afternoon. 18-year-old is on loan from Leicester City to BK Karlstad in the spring to get experience in senior football.

- George belongs to Leicester's A-squad and has played in their to reserve, says Mikael Linder, vice president of Karlstad BK.

The tall center-back, which can also be used as a wing back, has been tested in the English U18, U19 and U20 national team.

- I was the youngest player in the England U-20 team that played the World Cup in Colombia this summer, says Taft.

England got a passport in the quarterfinal against Nigeria. Taft was on the pitch in one of the matches in the group stage.

Right after the World Cup became the teenager on loan to Kettering in the highest amateur league in England. There was 14 matches. Despite its length, there was no nickmål the corner.

- He saved goals to Karlstad, says Patrick Lane, laughing.

KBK goalkeeper belonged to yesterday's welcoming committee.

- We know each other from time to reserve in Leicester, says Lane and extremely happy about the new acquisition.

- It is a dream for a goalie to have George in front of him. He nods off all the high balls.

George Taft is expected to debut for KBK in Wednesday's friendly match against IK Brage.

- There will be a real test for him. Brage is a physically strong team with many talented main players, says Stefan Jakobsson, coaches in Karlstad BK.

Stefan Jakobsson will try Taft both exterior to the left and center back.

- We have missed a left-footed central defender in the squad. His length is also involved. My philosophy is that we will become a ball playing team and with a good left foot so he fits in there, says Jakobsson.

George Taft has two years left on contract with Leicester City, a mittenlag in the Championship.

- I have not seen George play, but I have good contact with one of his former coach, says Mikael Linder, who also consulted Tord Grip on the case.

KBK now have a squad of 22-23 men. Earlier this week the club clear of offensive midfielder Adis Maglic, moreover, Emil Mårtensson and Oscar O Jansson back in training after injury absence.

- Now it's Erik Nilsson, who is not in full swing when it comes to training, says Linder.

• 4 months later...

Thoughts on him? Reckon he will get any game time this coming season? I see him up town far too much I feel for a professional footballer trying to get a foot into the career.

Do not understand this. Why's football different to any other career? I take my job very seriously mon-fri but once weekend comes I won't think about it for 2 days and need that downtime. He's a normal lad doing what we all do at that age, plus after 4 months in Sweden I'd want a bit of time out in town catching up with people too.

Think he'll have a bright future with us.

Do not understand this. Why's football different to any other career? I take my job very seriously mon-fri but once weekend comes I won't think about it for 2 days and need that downtime. He's a normal lad doing what we all do at that age, plus after 4 months in Sweden I'd want a bit of time out in town catching up with people too.

It depends on whether your job requires a high level of physical fitness.

As a pint is the equivalent to a bag of crisps I'm sure you can understand why the thought of a professional athlete scoffing down "bags of crisps" every weekend isn't the best preparation.

Are u for real?

Hmm hardly Olympians are they? a night out a week won't harm footballers too much at all.

Love how so many fans look down on players if they go out, expecting their lives and priorities to exist around the club, its pathetic.

Agree with alot of this but the amount he seems to be out clubbing does seem a tad excessive for some one who needs to be at peek fitness.

Oh and its more than once a week.

Archived