Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

So....it appears that Davos is now working with Melisandre, bit strange that considering the daugher of Stannis is dead.

(Edit: Unless Brienne attempts to trade stannis for sansa, with stannis becoming Bolton's prisoner, with the only hope of Stannis's release being if resurrected Snow defeats the bolton's with the remaining wildlings.)

We can now finally announce that Jon Snow will be resurrected, hence his direwolf (which holds John's spirit) is still guarding him and Davos has returned to save his body from being destroyed.

Arya storyline - couldn't care less.

Sansa's is more interesting because of Lord Balish.

Tyrion's storyline will be decent.

Bran is finally getting some air time.....

And cersei now has her undead warrior which will win a few battles, until the hound is also resurrected, avenging the scar mountain gave him.

Edited by Grewks

This is just a hunch and i am probably wrong but i have this sneaky feeling Sansa goes to Castle black with Brienne and Pod to seek Jons help but obviously find him dead and the person though out the trailer Davos is talking to is Sansa and the reason behind the mutineers battering down the door is because Roose/Ramsay have sent a pink letter demanding her back. It just seems to perfect for her to be found by the umbers/Littlefinger. 

• Like 1

This is just a hunch and i am probably wrong but i have this sneaky feeling Sansa goes to Castle black with Brienne and Pod to seek Jons help but obviously find him dead and the person though out the trailer Davos is talking to is Sansa and the reason behind the mutineers battering down the door is because Roose/Ramsay have sent a pink letter demanding her back. It just seems to perfect for her to be found by the umbers/Littlefinger. 

I don't really see this to be honest.

In the trailer Davos is back at Castle Black "I've never been much of a fighter......apologies for what you're about to see". The people he is speaking to are the Knight's watch traitors who helped kill Jon. As we know by now some Stark kids do have the ability to Warg themselves...Can Jon? If he can, maybe his spirit lives on in his protector direwolf, which is suitably named Ghost.

But why does Davos arrive to prevent the destruction of Jon's body?

The only person Davos knows capable of bringing Jon back to life is Melisandre, who surely by now Davos would detest even further? Not only was she the reason behind Stannis sacrificing his own daughter, but before she arrived Stannis's army was the envy of the world.

So....Is Stannis still alive? In the books, Stannis was never killed, in fact he never came face to face with Brienne. A famous rule in T.V is to not trust a character is dead before you see their body.

In my opinion Stannis is alive. Brienne still believes that Sansa is being held captive by the Bolton's. Brienne may attempt to trade Stannis for Sansa as a result. If Davos somehow becomes aware of this, he realises that his only chance of defeating the Bolton's would be to unite Stannis's remaining forces as well as the depleted remenants of the Wildlings, for which he needs John.

I believe that Davos's line, "I've never been much of a fighter......apologies for what you're about to see", is a microcosm of what this series is all about. Characters being required to make tough choices, and one's that they wouldn't usually make in order to achieve a greater aim.

Looking forwards to this, mainly because of Bran, Stanza and Arya--since I've become numb to the fact everyone else is going to die--with the series seeming to be the Stark family gaining their 'revenge', through Arya becoming an assassin, Bran gaining magical powers and Stanza playing Kings and Queens, with the back drop of dragons and shit.

Although, from the hints in the books, it seems sure that Jon is the illegitimate son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, and therefore the rightful heir to the throne, something that Bran probably realises now due to his new powers, and something that Eddard was sworn to secrecy about, hence why he always told Jon "you're a stark" regardless of the fact his name is Snow. This will obviously eventually fit into the politics of the Targaryens return to Westeros.

The trailer looks fairly decent. Looking forward to seeing how Davos fits in, being one of my favourite characters, despite the fact the directors seem oblivious to the fact a thick Geordie accent in a magical land would be as comical as putting a thick Liverpudlian accent on a bard.

Has the TV show finally caught up with the books then?

Yeah, and marginally exceeded them in about two fairly marginal places. Actually, there may be one of two scenes behind, but it's pretty much equal now.

I wouldn't read the books. I did, and they're fairly slow in a couple of them, and the differences between the books and the television series annoyed me. I'd have rather just watched the TV series and read the books if I was still intrigued after it had all finished.

I'd only read the new ones if they--magically--come out before the television series and I want to find out the end before someone tells me on reddit or whatever.

I'll put money on Davos not making it out of the first episode alive.

Davos is not gonna be turning up in Castle Black trying to save Jon's body in episode 1.

Going back to one of my previous points.....Why is Davos trying to save Jon?

I only have 3 possible theories now:

1) Stannis is still alive and is Bolton's prisoner, and Davos realises that Jon is the only way he can unite the rest of Stannis's forces with the Wildlings in order to save Stannis and Winterfell.

2) Davos has always shown loyalty to Stannis, as he has said a number of times he is the 'One True King'. What if Davos's loyalty to Stannis was only a result of this? If Davos learns that R+L=J then Jon is the 'One True King'.

3) Same as 1....but Stannis is dead and therefore Davos simply wants revenge.

The above 2 reasons are the only way i see Davos attempting to help Jon. For him there cannot be any other motive.

Davos is not gonna be turning up in Castle Black trying to save Jon's body in episode 1.

Going back to one of my previous points.....Why is Davos trying to save Jon?

I only have 3 possible theories now:

1) Stannis is still alive and is Bolton's prisoner, and Davos realises that Jon is the only way he can unite the rest of Stannis's forces with the Wildlings in order to save Stannis and Winterfell.

2) Davos has always shown loyalty to Stannis, as he has said a number of times he is the 'One True King'. What if Davos's loyalty to Stannis was only a result of this? If Davos learns that R+L=J then Jon is the 'One True King'.

3) Same as 1....but Stannis is dead and therefore Davos simply wants revenge.

The above 2 reasons are the only way i see Davos attempting to help Jon. For him there cannot be any other motive.

Davos is already at Castle Black, as is Melisandre.

Your points regarding why he'd want to help Jon are sound, though.

But yes, killing Davos in the first ep would be such a Game of Thrones thing to do.

Davos is already at Castle Black, as is Melisandre.

Your points regarding why he'd want to help Jon are sound, though.

But yes, killing Davos in the first ep would be such a Game of Thrones thing to do.

You miss my point....

You really think that Melissandre will learn about Stannis's death/capture.....tell Davos that she lied about everything (trailer)....and attempt to resurrect Jon in the 1st episode?

You've got Jon's storyline for the series right there tbh.

You miss my point....

You really think that Melissandre will learn about Stannis's death/capture.....tell Davos that she lied about everything (trailer)....and attempt to resurrect Jon in the 1st episode?

You've got Jon's storyline for the series right there tbh.

I think it will happen pretty early doors, as I think Jon will be the one leading the united North and the wildlings against the Boltons at Winterfell later in the season.

Perhaps the resurrection won't happen in the first episode, but it'll happen within the first three, I reckon.

This season will be all about the starks and taking back what was once theirs. If they nail Wyman Manderly/the north remembers in general this will be the best season yet without a doubt. What intrigues me is if they do manage to take the north back what is next, because i'd assume the stark camp being pretty split with Jon wanting to protect the wall and Rickon and Sansa wanting to take revenge on the freys and those who have wronged them...(If Sansa and Rickon survive :D).

We don't really know Davos is trying to save Jon--it's only been hinted at and may be there to deceive. But with Stannis assumed dead, it's not like it's going to be hard for Melissandre or Bran to convince him.

I hope Martin mixes things up a bit. It seems almost dull now, knowing the Targarians will eventually come over and burn the Lannisters, then realise the Whites are more of problem, backdropped by Bran and Arya's new powers (as soon as she leaves her boarding school for want-to-be-assassins at least), culminating in the Targarians' dragons eventual success against the Whites and the Targarian's downfall--since Danny can't have any heirs--and a new heir to the throne, which seems an almost foregone conclusion in my mind. I'd like to see Rickon become evil and wreck the steady success of the Starks in exile. Jaqen could be fairly cool if he has a better storyline.

Edited by Foxxed

We don't really know Davos is trying to save Jon--it's only been hinted at and may be there to deceive. But with Stannis assumed dead, it's not like it's going to be hard for Melissandre or Bran to convince him.

I hope Martin mixes things up a bit. It seems almost dull now, knowing the Targarians will eventually come over and burn the Lannisters, then realise the Whites are more of problem, backdropped by Bran and Arya's new powers (as soon as she leaves her boarding school for want-to-be-assassins at least), culminating in the Targarians' dragons eventual success against the Whites and the Targarian's downfall--since Danny can't have any heirs--and a new heir to the throne, which seems an almost foregone conclusion in my mind. I'd like to see Rickon become evil and wreck the steady success of the Starks in exile. Jaqen could be fairly cool if he has a better storyline.

Has Davos even met Bran?

And why would Davos want to help Melissandre? He despises her, the fact she is responsible for Stannis's daughters murder and for Stannis's presumed death. 

Melissandre would not be able to persuade Davos....unless

1) Stannis is still alive

2) Stannis is dead and Davos wants revenge (Although killing Mellisandre would also be a start)

3) Jon is the 'One True King'.

Also thought of a fourth theory....

We all know that the Bolton's now have huge influence on the north, and therefore also the wall, such as the Stark's did. What if the Bolton's simply want all Stark and Baratheon followers dead? So the Bolton's have total control of the wall aswell??

Slightly more simply theory, one which is overlooked, but maybe the lack of complexity is key.

Has Davos even met Bran?

And why would Davos want to help Melissandre? He despises her, the fact she is responsible for Stannis's daughters murder and for Stannis's presumed death. 

Melissandre would not be able to persuade Davos....unless

1) Stannis is still alive

2) Stannis is dead and Davos wants revenge (Although killing Mellisandre would also be a start)

3) Jon is the 'One True King'.

Also thought of a fourth theory....

We all know that the Bolton's now have huge influence on the north, and therefore also the wall, such as the Stark's did. What if the Bolton's simply want all Stark and Baratheon followers dead? So the Bolton's have total control of the wall aswell??

Slightly more simply theory, one which is overlooked, but maybe the lack of complexity is key.

Yeah yeah yeah! But,..................... why haven't you found a profile pic yet?

• Like 1

Almost dull if you've gone out of your way to read the theories and analysis that have been done by fans for two decades, yeah. I'm sure the people who haven't will disagree with you. If you know anything you'd know there are many more interesting parties in the story whose motives are unknown including Maesters, Ironborn, Banks, Sparrows, Stonemen, Harpies, Crones, Dornish, Faceless Men, Elephants, Tigers, Mercs, False Dragons and Hot Pie who you have seemed to disregard.

• Like 1

Almost dull if you've gone out of your way to read the theories and analysis that have been done by fans for two decades, yeah. I'm sure the people who haven't will disagree with you. If you know anything you'd know there are many more interesting parties in the story whose motives are unknown including Maesters, Ironborn, Banks, Sparrows, Stonemen, Harpies, Crones, Dornish, Faceless Men, Elephants, Tigers, Mercs, False Dragons and Hot Pie who you have seemed to disregard.

To be fair, the only theory I read was the Jon one after I had inklings from the scenes where Eddard's in a funk about some promise he made to his sister. But the Faceless men and Maesters are interesting stories, definitely. Never really got into the Dornish or Ironborn, though, since they seem too weak against the countervailing forces in the story.. I'd forgotten about Hot Pie, and seeing him again would be cool, for the same reason I like Samwell: small characters changing the large scheme of things seemingly unknowingly. Probably a bit too sure of the theories: hopefully they're wrong!

To be fair, the only theory I read was the Jon one after I had inklings from the scenes where Eddard's in a funk about some promise he made to his sister. But the Faceless men and Maesters are interesting stories, definitely. Never really got into the Dornish or Ironborn, though, since they seem too weak against the countervailing forces in the story.. I'd forgotten about Hot Pie, and seeing him again would be cool, for the same reason I like Samwell: small characters changing the large scheme of things seemingly unknowingly. Probably a bit too sure of the theories: hopefully they're wrong!

Euron, mate. Euron.

"Godless? Why, Aeron, am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

• Like 1

Euron, mate. Euron.

"Godless? Why, Aeron, am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

Fair point about him as well. He did seem to have something up his sleeve that could give the Ironborn leverage over the other houses. Does he feature much in the series? I kind of skimmed the fifth TV series.

So...now that the books and show are practically level, what do you reckon regarding significant deaths this season? Who will bow out?

I'll get the ball rolling...I hate to say it, but I think that brave Ser Davos will get dead defending Jon's body from the Watch. And Jorah will go out in some act of suicidal bravery because he doesn't want to live to see what happens to those with terminal grayscale.

Additionally, if the books are to be believed, then both Kevan Lannister and Maester Pycelle are going to be dirtnapping early doors, and Balon Greyjoy looks an open and shut certainty too.