Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Davos will survive till endgame when all the ashes have been swept because he is the only character available who can provide the narrative of at the end of the game of thrones and the clash of kings and the storm, the feast, the dance, the winds and the dream  in the end nothing has changed: a king still rules and doesn't know or care for his smallfolk. Davos is meta.

So...now that the books and show are practically level, what do you reckon regarding significant deaths this season? Who will bow out?

I'll get the ball rolling...I hate to say it, but I think that brave Ser Davos will get dead defending Jon's body from the Watch. And Jorah will go out in some act of suicidal bravery because he doesn't want to live to see what happens to those with terminal grayscale.

Additionally, if the books are to be believed, then both Kevan Lannister and Maester Pycelle are going to be dirtnapping early doors, and Balon Greyjoy looks an open and shut certainty too.

Of course with the Lannisters (Well Cersei and Jamie) trying to extract revenge, then those first two deaths look inevitable. Especially given the re-emergence of the mountain.

I'm just interested to see what happens with Stannis, as he should not be dead.

For me it's Riverlands and the North that interest me the most in the books, 

:Last we saw was Blackfish swimming off and Edmure looking very smug about it even though he's in chains, where does he go from here and whats the plan, North? Lady Stoneheart? Sansa in the vale? I think he will be the one to crush the freys I actually think he's going to go to the vale and speak to Sansa who will then go to the riverlands with the vale troops and crush the freys. In the north Wyman manderly is 100% on a suicide mission, I dont think he cares at this point he knows his house is secure with his son at the helm finally and wants revenge on the boltons and freys and knows the boltons days are numbered with the north uniting I also think Lady dustin is secretely a stark supporter and has always been planning to destroy the boltons from with in. My question is what do they do next after they retake it, Jon and Rickon whats the plan? - Defend the north? We don't know what rickon will be like i'd assume he will be extremely angry and want to march south to kill the lannisters where Jon will want to defend the wall. What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an episode. Why must we wait a week......

The ending was weird. 

I get the feeling the old lady is actually what she looks like.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the case too. Glamour magic built into the necklace she wears or something...never seen her not wearing it before.

Lot of scene setting, pretty typical for episode 1 of a new season.

This really is the best show on TV.

I'm a massive Walking Dead fan but it just doesn't come close imo. 

I like GOT more because it is more straight to the point, it has some cliff hangers but the red wedding was in the middle of a season. If this was the Walking Dead, we'd have to wait a whole season for a simple follow up on Jon Snow, and he'd be under a bin the whole time. 

Great first episode, really enjoyed it. Better than last season, had more umph to it. Ending was weird and totally unexpected though lol

Really? I felt it was just as rushed and poorly made as the last episode of last season.

The whole Dorne thing is doing my head in. How they can think that's been good enough to be on the show, I have no idea. Also, the last thing you see from there last season is the sand snakes looking at Jamie, Myrcella and Trystane (!!) leaving for King's Landing. Next thing you know, they've somehow snuck into King's Landing and Trystane's room to kill him?? The murder of prince Doran, Trystane and Myrcella renders the entire plot of Jamie and Bronn going to Dorne pointless. It brought absolutely NOTHING to the story, apart from laughably poor dialogue and confusion.

Theon and Sansa cross an ice cold river to 'throw off the dogs'. The very next scene they get tracked down by said dogs... I mean, how shit is the script writing in this? Not to mention Brienne once more magically being at the right place at the right time.

Varys and Tyrion's "walk and talk" about sensitive stuff, totally unprotected, in a city Tyrion himself says is at the brink of civil war, knowing full well about the dangerous presence of the Sons of Harpy...

Aliser Thorne held to ransom by four brothers and Ser Davos, and for what exactly? Why does he need the body of Jon? And why then did they not take care of it when they killed him? Why are Ser Davos and co. even protecting the body?

In light of this, I find it rather disappointing. The show has lost its way, which isn't really surprising. Just like any other show where they get past the original script or veer away from it, it simply gets superficial and poorly written. I looked forward to this as much as any other fan, but I'm not going to hold my breath anymore like I used to.