Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

Surely Big George would have given them some pointers on where he's heading with the books. I mean surely he has it all planned out, and he's halfway through writing his next book anyway.

for sure, but the Hodor/hold the door thing seems to have been in GRRM's head from the very start, to name  and characterise a very minor character so as to create this grand reveal 6 books/2 decades later is quite impressive, it is also something he could have held back from the TV execs and save for the book.  It's also another Dire Wolf gone, only leaving Ghost by John's side and Nymeria running free. Assuming Shaggy dog was killed. 

Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck!Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck!

Nice one Bran you little fvcking ****. You screwed Hodor over TWICE! BLOODY TWICE! Everyone thought you were a whinging little moron before, and now you're 100% sure to be hated! lol

Great episode though with some huge parts moving in to place, though with Bran moving one from the 3 Eyed Raven, will he still have the power to see flashbacks? The Tower of Joy one still hasn't been completed, and we all know it needs to be.

That look between Tormund and Brienne was brilliant though haha.  

This ****ing show. Amazing. Still pretty sad about it and I watched it yesterday.

The story has so many layers now. What else did Bran **** up?

Jon to Edd "Don't knock it down whilst I'm gone". Oops it's coming down.

Bran "the Branded" going south of the wall will dispel the magic keeping the WW and wights from going past it.

Bran has realised he can change/affect the past in the present. And that the Night's King can see him.

He might be able to do things that the Three Eyed Raven wasn't able to do.

It does bug me a bit that the TER and Children of the Forest did not warn Bran about the Night's King and that they did not 'see' this coming.

Or even worse, if they did see it coming, why did they not try to prevent it?

We still do not know why Bran is so important that they are willing to sacrifice themselves for him.

I mean, the TER has been waiting for Bran for many years, but he's not actually said why.

They literally bent space and time so they could create a character everyone likes that's legitimately destined to die, George R R Martin can get fvcked.

If the deaths of secondary characters get to you then i'd avoid Game of Thrones if I were you :P.

• Like 1

If the deaths of secondary characters get to you then i'd avoid Game of Thrones if I were you :P.

It's like D&D and Martin find more and more brutal ways to **** with people's emotions with every passing season/book.

Bran "the Branded" going south of the wall will dispel the magic keeping the WW and wights from going past it.

Bran has realised he can change/affect the past in the present. And that the Night's King can see him.

It does bug me a bit that the TER and Children of the Forest did not warn Bran about the Night's King and that they did not 'see' this coming.

Yeah it bugged me too "hey Bran, by the way if you ever see the white walkers, don't let them touch you else we'll all get slaughtered and you'll bring down the wall and might end the world. Cheers."

But if we had actual communication in shows like this, there would barely be any fun.

We still do not know why Bran is so important that they are willing to sacrifice themselves for him.

I mean, the TER has been waiting for Bran for many years, but he's not actually said why.

They saw it coming and knew it had to happen that way, if it didn't than Bran would never have warged in Hodor and Hodor would not have been able to bring him to the TER to allow him to learn of his destiny and power and then use it to stop the WW. They will sacrifice themselves because they know that only Bran can undo the curse of the WW that they created. Either him or Dragons. I bet it is Dragons, but Bran will have a part to play.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

They saw it coming and new it had to happen that way, if it didn't than Bran would never have warged in Hodor and Hodor would not have been able to bring him to the TER to allow him to learn of his destiny and power and then use it to stop the WW. They will sacrifice themselves because they know that only Bran can undo the curse of the WW that they created. Either him or Dragons. I bet it is Dragons, but Bran will have a part to play.

You just blew my mind

You just blew my mind

You're welcome.

It's fairly standard self fulfilling destiny you get in most films involving any sort of time travel, Terminator, Back to the future, Doctor Who, the frankly ridiculous Looper and don't get me started on About Time, at  least this is a fantasy and magic time travel device rather than any attempt at "scientific" time travel.

They saw it coming and knew it had to happen that way, if it didn't than Bran would never have warged in Hodor and Hodor would not have been able to bring him to the TER to allow him to learn of his destiny and power and then use it to stop the WW. They will sacrifice themselves because they know that only Bran can undo the curse of the WW that they created. Either him or Dragons. I bet it is Dragons, but Bran will have a part to play.

So the Raven was able to affect the past in the future, despite what he tells Bran? If Bran didn't warg into Hodor in that flashback, would the world just have ended? Too many space-time issues...

So the Raven was able to affect the past in the future, despite what he tells Bran? If Bran didn't warg into Hodor in that flashback, would the world just have ended? Too many space-time issues...

But it is all predetermined destiny, the future is already mapped out and what has been will always be (at least he didn't change the past, just caused an event that has already happened to happen), in a show where there are gods and dragons, inflammable blondes and a whole spectrum of undead, a bit of space time bending is fine by me. 

Blondie and the midget to survive everybody else ...     most of the baddies to be crisped up by the dragons .....

One of the trailers for this season showed the midget's face in the hall of faces... make of that what you will (could be a red herring).

But it is all predetermined destiny, the future is already mapped out and what has been will always be (at least he didn't change the past, just caused an event that has already happened to happen), in a show where there are gods and dragons, inflammable blondes and a whole spectrum of undead, a bit of space time bending is fine by me. 

Ah, but Bran actually did affect the past, when he called out for his dad at the Tower of Joy and when he 'met' the Night's King. Now he's also retroactively caused 'Hodor'.

The TER seems to have engineered Bran coming to see him by virtue of Hodor. To claim it's predetermined destiny when the TER had to bend space and time for Bran to meet him seems a bit far fetched.

Then again, I've never gotten to grips with space time bending. Must be my inferior intellect.

Anyone else interested at who

spoke to Varys from the fire? I have some feeling whoever it was told him about Khaleesi. I think Bran will be the explanation for everything from now on, but I reckon it was someone else

. I think ending kind of made me forget the rest of the great episode. 

Surely we don't need spoilers in this thread anymore seeing as though the show has surpassed the books? As long as the latest show has been on sky? What a fantastic episode last night definitely in my top 10 maybe 5.

Ah, but Bran actually did affect the past, when he called out for his dad at the Tower of Joy and when he 'met' the Night's King. Now he's also retroactively caused 'Hodor'.

The TER seems to have engineered Bran coming to see him by virtue of Hodor. To claim it's predetermined destiny when the TER had to bend space and time for Bran to meet him seems a bit far fetched.

Then again, I've never gotten to grips with space time bending. Must be my inferior intellect.

but he didn't do anything to alter the past as we know it, the lines of causality weren't broken, just looped. It's not like back to the future where one past existed Bran McFly went back and changed it and now another past/future exists. The past we know has always been Hodor had a fit and lost his mind, we didn't know that was because of Bran and if something prevented Bran from doing it then it wouldn't happen and the world would implode in a paradox vortex but he did do it and nothing stopped him because the future is already mapped out in the World of Ice and Fire. There are gods and higher powers (GRRM) at play who are able to influence every aspect of that world so if to fulfil his destiny Bran has to go back in time and fry Hodor's brain, then that is what Bran will do.

• Like 3

Surely we don't need spoilers in this thread anymore seeing as though the show has surpassed the books? As long as the latest show has been on sky? What a fantastic episode last night definitely in my top 10 maybe 5.

There are still a number of things in the books that haven't been shown but still might, but the spoilers are mainly to discuss the latest episode especially by the Sunday morning die hards as some people come in here before they have watched it.